looking for a club.

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

mr_sing
Novice

looking for a club.

Post by mr_sing »

I have a nephew who is looking to get into a rugger club..he is nearly 16 over 6ft tall and over 17/5stone...............i want him to prop and he be noticed for the future of the likes of ulster and ireland.........................wat club to start?. :afro:
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: looking for a club.

Post by Ithryn »

and where do u live? is he on his schools team etc
Why? Why not?
mr_sing
Novice

Post by mr_sing »

thanks for quick reply.he does not play,just a throw around with me.he tried it when he was 13 but just at an ulster rugby summer camp..............his school does not play at his age...............im south belfast,i was thinking cooke but i think he could have a big future as a prop as ive said he is massive now,what will he be like by 19 yrs old......................... :afro:
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

At his height are you sure he couldn't be a better second row player?

I'd suggest Cooke or Instonians. The Cooke youth system was a bit too 'weird' for my liking, also clubs like Malone & Harlequins are always keen to get new players.
If you go to http://www.ulsterrugby.ie" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and then go to the Domestic branch, you'll find a full list of clubs and contact info / location.

Hope this helps. :)
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.
mr_sing
Novice

Post by mr_sing »

Colin,what do you mean by weird? please explain...............................he is srong as a bull and i dont see many adults at his size,second row......dont know,at prop i think he would be noticed more. :afro:
ColinS
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ColinS »

Well, when I was there (2 seasons ago) the coach seemed to only select the players who have been there the longest, not neccessairly (sp?) the best players. I'm not too sure if this has changed since then, however.
Some people say I used to be called Colzo. Don't listen to them people, I talk much less sense than Colzo.