Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

July 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4 5 6 7
8 9 10 11 12 13 14
15 16 17 18 19 20 21
22 23 24 25 26 27 28
29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 13 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 8 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 646080
Total topics 18997
Total members 2912
Our newest member Parga 99

TMO protocol

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

TMO protocol

Postby BR » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:26 am

Quite frankly, I have lost track of what law variations are on trial and which have been accepted; which are global and which are local...
But as it's 1 Jan, which is usually the SH implementation date, I was thinking about TMOs.

Is anyone aware of any changes this year to the protocols? Specifically, I was wondering if this year's new, anti-Italian ruck law had meant that the number of phases 'rewindable' by a TMO needed to be increased to compensate?

Any refs out there at a high enough level to be interested in TMO protocols?
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16714
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 1:17 pm

The TMO should have a long range MRi scanner. It would save a few hospital appointments.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16733
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 4:43 pm

I can't stand the tmos.
The intrepidiation and time taken following every try as officials painstakingly search to find reasons to disallow them is ruining the sport.
The only matter they should look at is grounding.
Foul play left to citing and if they miss the rest, they miss it.
Total bug near of mine I must say
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 7:56 pm

Nice tmo demo in the Ulster game disallowing Cooney score. perfectly illustrating my point
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:19 pm

Also the Arnold hit should have been a job for the citing officer.League refs put hits like that on report to prevent contradiction if they aren't entirely sure.If he thinks it's red fair enough but should be allowed to ref it as much as possible as he sees it, in the interest of keeping the game flowing.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 01, 2018 9:29 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:Also the Arnold hit should have been a job for the citing officer.League refs put hits like that on report to prevent contradiction if they aren't entirely sure.If he thinks it's red fair enough but should be allowed to ref it as much as possible as he sees it, in the interest of keeping the game flowing.
Clear cut red card
Same as the Ryan one was

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27625
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 10:07 pm

Good hit in my book but that's neither here nor there in this context.
if he thinks it's clear cut as you say just stop fannying about and give the card!
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Samstew » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:00 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:Good hit in my book but that's neither here nor there in this context.
if he thinks it's clear cut as you say just stop fannying about and give the card!


And I suppose the tip tackle in the first half was just a misunderstanding on their no. 3’s part?
SA had been niggleing at CL throughout the game, the lad saw his opportunity for a cheap shot and he took it, after all, the ref hadn’t touched Munster to that point and he expected to get away with it.
What surprised me was how long it took the referee to see just how bad it was.
Ulster were poor, but Munster were helped by some seriously inept refereeing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Samstew
Squire
 
Posts: 761
Joined: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:41 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:05 pm

Still not the point why can't the table be put on report if the ref isn't sure or if he is just make a decision?
Great hit from Arnold should be allowed but isn't.
No place for tip tackles so should be yellow and wasn't.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:11 pm

Samstew wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:Good hit in my book but that's neither here nor there in this context.
if he thinks it's clear cut as you say just stop fannying about and give the card!


And I suppose the tip tackle in the first half was just a misunderstanding on their no. 3’s part?
SA had been niggleing at CL throughout the game, the lad saw his opportunity for a cheap shot and he took it, after all, the ref hadn’t touched Munster to that point and he expected to get away with it.
What surprised me was how long it took the referee to see just how bad it was.
Ulster were poor, but Munster were helped by some seriously inept refereeing.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It was a dirty cheap shot by Arnold. McCloskey had a go at him after the try and Arnold was squaring up to him. He didn't show much remorse shaking his head when he departed. Although thanks for the BP win, Sam.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16733
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Inspector Brown » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:14 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:Still not the point why can't the table be put on report if the ref isn't sure or if he is just make a decision?
Great hit from Arnold should be allowed but isn't.
No place for tip tackles so should be yellow and wasn't.
say what liz?
Arnold hit Christian with a straight arm to the neck. That is incredibly dangerous.
User avatar
Inspector Brown
Novice
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:42 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:24 pm

I agreed with IH in commentary that the initial hit was to the chest browner and there was a wrap attempt.
Borderline but fair.
As with Payne v Goode the fact Christian stayed down influenced the decision.
But I'm a bit old school.
If someone stayed down it was due to a great hit now it's because there must be foul play.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Initiate
 
Posts: 591
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby jean valjean » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:38 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:I agreed with IH in commentary that the initial hit was to the chest browner and there was a wrap attempt.
Borderline but fair.
As with Payne v Goode the fact Christian stayed down influenced the decision.
But I'm a bit old school.
If someone stayed down it was due to a great hit now it's because there must be foul play.
Christian wasn't play acting. Many a one hit like like would still be sparked out on the pitch. If u want to see play acting I refer u to Charlie a bit later, who looked like he was snipered after a quick tap.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
User avatar
jean valjean
Steward
 
Posts: 964
Joined: Fri Oct 07, 2016 10:03 pm

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Rooster » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:39 pm

The only debate was the colour of the card and ref got it spot on
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39487
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: TMO protocol

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 01, 2018 11:47 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:I agreed with IH in commentary that the initial hit was to the chest browner and there was a wrap attempt.
Borderline but fair.
As with Payne v Goode the fact Christian stayed down influenced the decision.
But I'm a bit old school.
If someone stayed down it was due to a great hit now it's because there must be foul play.
Initial hit to the chest? WTF? How slow was the slow-mo? I had the perfect view from the stand and the TV does not do the ferocity of the impact any justice. The "wrap attempt" is irrelevant because the red card was given for a high tackle with force. Any tackles around the head, neck or face must be punished as the long term consequences of concussion injuries are not good.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16733
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to G'wan an ask away!

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->