Whose decision?

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

twiglet
Initiate

Whose decision?

Post by twiglet »

Who made the decision NOT to announce to a packed Ravenhill that Andrew Trimble was playing his 200th game for Ulster? Did it just slip someone's mind? An utter disgrace!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Whose decision?

Post by Russ »

Surely everyone should have known? It was all over bakebook yesterday. They even gave him a youtube video
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:Surely everyone should have known? It was all over bakebook yesterday. They even gave him a youtube video

Only cretins bother with UR bakebook, the thin nobbly one smeared with bovril is right, it was UR's 2nd feck up in 6 weeks off the pitch to sit beside the clown with the mic at the Bellends game.

And of course whether people "know" or not is not the issue, it should have been properly celebrated..........and preferably with a win.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Russ wrote:Surely everyone should have known? It was all over bakebook yesterday. They even gave him a youtube video

Only cretins bother with UR bakebook, the thin nobbly one smeared with bovril is right, it was UR's 2nd feck up in 6 weeks off the pitch to sit beside the clown with the mic at the Bellends game.
Agreed

We do however have a matchday manager. He who sets the agenda
We also have Q Radio who run the agenda

Therefore the blame lies with those 2
However blame should be apportioned upwards also to those above the matchday manager who did not direct the chube to do it correctly
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

But but but Logie played rugby at school

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I saw Tommy Bowe in the coaches box. He was also in HoF yesterday. Conspiracy?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:It was poor.

Is it remotely possible that there's anyone left in Ulster Rugby that understands Rugby people?
It's not even that, it's just good manners.

There seems to be an inability at UR to attend to the details. You would think after the Saracens fiasco that everything would be running like a well oiled machine, but no. Then they have the temerity to put the 7 commandments up on the screen after the game. What sort of an idiot is running the show? They are patronising enough and worded in about as condescending way as is possible, but after the game? Patronising and stupid.
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Is it possible Andy T himself didn't want much fanfare? I don't know myself, just playing devil's advocate.
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:What sort of an idiot is running the show?
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now, are you seriously asking that question?

Impressive CV I heard. :lol:

Honestly Snipe, I can't believe you asked that. :lol:
I love a good CV. Works of fiction by and large.
The question was somewhat rhetorical in nature; forming part of a conversation I was having with myself in the form of a monologue. The conclusion of which, I believe, stands up to any examination of its veracity. He is stupid and patronising.
Duckjnr
Novice

Post by Duckjnr »

From our spot on the prom we could see the Radio Man with his clipboard and mic, trying to do the announcements from the tunnel/dugout area. However the main issue appeared to be said mic connecting to the speakers throughout the ground. AAT's entrance was one of many occasions his lips were moving but nothing was being transmitted. Another example was no announcement for the teams coming back out after HT.

However when he was out in the centre the pitch for the crossbar challenge and interviewing some of our injured PR players, there were no evident issues with the sound. Maybe it's a dodgy mic or a blackspot where he was standing, but this shouldn't be happening in our fancy new stadium in 2016. Rather embarrassing for UR.
NS
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

nonplussed wrote:But but but Logie played rugby at school

Says who? :duck:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

shamalicious wrote:Is it possible Andy T himself didn't want much fanfare? I don't know myself, just playing devil's advocate.
Be nice if that were the case, sadly it's probably not Image
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Kofi Annan wrote:
nonplussed wrote:But but but Logie played rugby at school

Says who? :duck:
He does and there ends the argument. My guess he must have been in and around the half decent Bangor side that got to a Schools Cup Final against the greatest side not to have won the cup. :scratch:

Played rugby on 3 continents... but what many don't know was he was on the bench for the Varsity Match of 82 or was it 91 it doesn't really matter when you're Walter Mitty. What has been put in place is layers and layers of protection should anything ever go wrong.

We have a Match Day Manager and I have asked before what does that actual role consist off? We have an Entertainments/Events Manager do we not?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I played rugby in europe, north america and asia

NA and Asia was just muck about touch, but still 3 continents

I have a former colleague who's linkedin describes him as working on 5 continents. Needless to day he was based in China but once attended a conference in Africa, then Europe then North America. He counted those as working in

He also noted he worked at McKinsey whilst at University. He even told me he had a job waiting for him there after uni.
Turns out he did a 2 day work shadowing at McKinsey and counted this as working there too

People are full of BS on their CVs
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Once a Knight wrote:
Russ wrote:I played rugby in europe, north america and asia

NA and Asia was just muck about touch, but still 3 continents

I have a former colleague who's linkedin describes him as working on 5 continents. Needless to day he was based in China but once attended a conference in Africa, then Europe then North America. He counted those as working in

He also noted he worked at McKinsey whilst at University. He even told me he had a job waiting for him there after uni.
Turns out he did a 2 day work shadowing at McKinsey and counted this as working there too

People are full of BS on their CVs
That's why most job interviews now are competence based. You'll be asked for specific examples that demonstrate the competences required. At assessment, you'll be asked further questions. It pretty soon becomes clear who has actually "done" it and who "hasn't". Those who have done it have the experience and examples to talk openly and with authority about what they have actually done. They will say things like "I saw that the original plan wasn't working so I modified it". The emphasis will be on "I did". For the bullshitter, it will be "we did" or "I would have done".

I wonder what process Ulster Rugby use?
Having ran over 500 competency based interviews on 2 continents I do them in my sleep mate