The Orginal Ulster Forum

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: The Orginal Ulster Forum

Post by pwrmoore »

Think it would be more accurate to say that fermain spotted a gap in the market when the old Ulster forum was pulled and offered a superior product.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

The 2 ran in parallel for a good while though, didn't they?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:The 2 ran in parallel for a good while though, didn't they?
Fermain ran the URSC forum for a while and when it was closing down started here
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

IIRC the UAFC was initially, briefly an e-mail based group - YahooGroups I think, then migrated to this format.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I don't think I even remember a URSC forum.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:I don't think I even remember a URSC forum.
Aren't they ...........sorry, my fellow members ...... more likely to be found on Bakebook having a good go at internecine wars, threatening shots to the bake - cheeky idea stealing bastids - and saying they are scared to go to matches for fear of being the third person punched at Ravenhill, off the pitch?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:Think it would be more accurate to say that fermain spotted a gap in the market when the old Ulster forum was pulled and offered a superior product.
God bless him, after all 60 year old lunatics need somewhere to rant. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

I think UR shut down the forum on the official site in 2007, wasn't it? It had just degenerated into flegs'n'anthems flamewars and UR couldn't or didn't want to moderate effectively.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

flegs'n'anthems, you say?

What was that about?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Was it on tv?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by fermain »

stu wrote:IIRC the UAFC was initially, briefly an e-mail based group - YahooGroups I think, then migrated to this format.
yes it was, (with a few founding members still on this site) but preceded by the Ulster forum as mentioned above (& the Irish forum). It was good too.
Then the URSC forum, or 'Club Ulster' >biggrin2
then the UAFC!
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I miss Stetson man, the 5 families and Alec Adoo ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

The first I remember was Strange's forum. It was there that the meeting in the Walkabout was organized before the Wasps game at Loftus Road. I expected about a dozen people to turn up. Hundreds did!!!

A few of the folk from that forum still inhabit this place. All of us must be getting rather old now :(

Still see the infamous Munster-baiter, R McClean about. Age hasn't mellowed him much. :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

fermain wrote:
stu wrote:IIRC the UAFC was initially, briefly an e-mail based group - YahooGroups I think, then migrated to this format.
yes it was, (with a few founding members still on this site) but preceded by the Ulster forum as mentioned above (& the Irish forum). It was good too.
Then the URSC forum, or 'Club Ulster' >biggrin2
then the UAFC!
Where did they all go Fermain & was it backawaygoonahead or me who made them all cash in their chips as per oft reported rumour.

Hope it was the other fella, I'm much nicer. >EW

I miss DL. >ESAD