Just a couple of issues

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

twiglet
Initiate

Just a couple of issues

Post by twiglet »

Perhaps someone may be able to answer a couple of questions. They have probably been asked before.

1. Why can we not have a decent match clock ( or two or more ) at Ravers? It is really difficult to see the clock from the east terrace. I was thinking that Hughes Insurance might install one beside there advertising banner below the BBC window. They would get a lot of extra advertising benefit when people keep looking at the clock. Perhaps there could be clocks on the top of the big screens.

2. Is it really so difficult to co-ordinate the singing of Stand Up For The Ulster Men as the team are coming on to the pitch? At present the band, the PA announcer and parts of the crowd are doing their own thing. Can the guy with the microphone or the band take the lead and get the crown singing AT THE SAME TIME.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Just a couple of issues

Post by Jackie Brown »

How about they stop trying to push the atmosphere? I refuse to sing Stand Up For The Ulstermen when they pump it in Sarries style.

The clock is a joke, similar to the Toulon flame throwers. You'd think Ulster would think, why are people here? What do they want to know during the game? I know, the score and time for a freakin start!

Maybe its not in their values?
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Post by ruckover »

Is it maybe not a case that what you're hearing is delay? For instance, I sit in the Grandstand but when I hear the singing from the Terrace it sounds like they're behind when in reality they are singing in time, it just takes time for the sound to carry across the pitch.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

1. I was told the big clocks are positioned for those on the pitch. The fact that they park an ambulance with retro-reflective chevrons just behind the Aquinas end one doesn't help. Apparently accurately syncing the match clock with additional clocks is more complicated than you'd think (read 'costly').

2. Forget the pa;forget the band (other than as a single bar prompt) and let the crowd get on with it.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:1. I was told the big clocks are positioned for those on the pitch. The fact that they park an ambulance with retro-reflective chevrons just behind the Aquinas end one doesn't help. Apparently accurately syncing the match clock with additional clocks is more complicated than you'd think (read 'costly').

2. Forget the pa;forget the band (other than as a single bar prompt) and let the crowd get on with it.
Point 2 is solid gold BR
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Russ wrote:
BR wrote:1. I was told the big clocks are positioned for those on the pitch. The fact that they park an ambulance with retro-reflective chevrons just behind the Aquinas end one doesn't help. Apparently accurately syncing the match clock with additional clocks is more complicated than you'd think (read 'costly').

Point 2 is solid gold BR
Bakebook group love the band so it has to stay. Throw in a wee Teddy and change the entrance anthem to Thunderstruck and they'll be orgasmic and all problems solved
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

eeyore wrote:
Russ wrote:

Point 2 is solid gold BR
Bakebook group love the band so it has to stay. Throw in a wee Teddy and change the entrance anthem to Thunderstruck and they'll be orgasmic and all problems solved
You forgot close the bars as well and sell cupcakes

:lol: :lol: :lol:
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cupcakes should be free! We're the public who pay their wages!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

eeyore wrote:
Russ wrote:

Point 2 is solid gold BR
Bagpiper was playing Thunder by AcDc in Trafalgar Square on saturday
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

Russ wrote:
eeyore wrote:
Russ wrote:

Point 2 is solid gold BR
I hope you roared Ulsterrrrr!! during the chorus and waved your wee Sparky in the air to show that you're a number 1 Ulster supporter
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

eeyore wrote:
Russ wrote:
eeyore wrote:
Russ wrote:

Point 2 is solid gold BR
I hope you roared Ulsterrrrr!! during the chorus and waved your wee Sparky in the air to show that you're a number 1 Ulster supporter
Too busy taking pictures of the boris Paddington bear

@rustyb88 if you want to see them on instie
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Can we get one of these? Not sure what you call them.
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

An empty terrace?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

No not that, although does anyone know the attendance?

One of those strange things with the team name and numbers after it.
Last edited by Jackie Brown on Sat Nov 29, 2014 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

A fleg of support for the Soviet military?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.