Future of Pro 12

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Future of Pro 12

Post by Kofi Annan »

Last ever fixture of the Rabo Direct Pro 12 today, with no indication of a new sponsor at all it looks like next years PRO 12 will be a competition without a title sponsor , will it remain Pro 12 or revert back to Celtic League, does it' need a title sponsor to survive and is it strong enough to last without a sponsor.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Future of Pro 12

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I don't know the figures but I have been told that you would be surprised by how little title sponsorship of the league has been sold for since the league finally attracted Magners after 5 or 6 years of being paid for 100% by the Unions.

I have heard the name of a sponsor whispered but they might just have been a little spooked by the Mad Pastor's bullshite. Fisal's Halal Meats Inc. may fear their target market is unwelcome in Ulster.

The league of course would of course be better off, if for no other reason for credibility rather than funding, but like young Yinst, I too think that survival is not the issue, at least not until those Welsh Feckers next throw their toys from their perambulator.

Feck the Welsh. Ansombe out. Fick InTheArse.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Feck the Welsh

Will remain the PRO12 I would think same as Premiership and TOP14 but sponsers can change.
It is run by Celtic Rugby Ltd. But PRO12 is a trading name I think
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Would a new headline sponsor be named before the end of the current season?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:Would a new headline sponsor be named before the end of the current season?
I heard there is a Turkish delegation planning a trip in June

Anscombe Out
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Would a new headline sponsor be named before the end of the current season?

Anscombe Out
Hope McConnell is not involved in discussions
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I like the Turks, they have a clear demarcation between state & church, thanks to Ataturk, something this island on both sides of the border could benefit from.

They are not without their problems but an insane sky-pilot or child abusing clerics ain't one of them. I could safely say this and many other countries would be better off without turds in dog collars***. Lucky Turks.

*** Not ALL dog-collar wearers are turds, just far too bloody many of them.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Baggy all this worry about what us mentalists get up to is not good for your constitution.
Rocket
Novice

Post by Rocket »

Somebody tell Guinness to get there finger out! And as part of the deal make it cumpulsory to sell it in the grounds. None of this Murphy's stuff.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

With the European economies on the way up, you would think that sponsors in the non-essential end of things would be getting the ball rolling again.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AFAIK, Magners supplied more in the line of joint marketing than they did in cash sponsorship. Given the limited market of rabobank in the 4 constituencies, my guess is they weren't paying a huge amount either. I'd say if we had a whip round, we could probably get to call it the UAFC pro12.

Can't see a loss in title sponsor resulting in any problems other than a bit of embarrassment.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:AFAIK, Magners supplied more in the line of joint marketing than they did in cash sponsorship. Given the limited market of rabobank in the 4 constituencies, my guess is they weren't paying a huge amount either. I'd say if we had a whip round, we could probably get to call it the UAFC pro12.

Can't see a loss in title sponsor resulting in any problems other than a bit of embarrassment.
Now there's an idea, I can stump up a £5 from my modest stipend.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Russ wrote:

Anscombe Out
Pulled out along with two other potentials apparently
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”