Pub for the Semi Final

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Pimpmac
Initiate

Pub for the Semi Final

Post by Pimpmac »

I have a friend over from NZ for a couple of weeks (beer drinking, rugby loving kiwi) and whilst we would love to be in Dublin for the SF we cant and so I am contemplating the best pub options in Belfast.

We will probably head on for something to eat after (or even during if there is an establishment that does good beer, rugby and reasonable food - sounds like a Carlsberg ad...). I generally only every go to the Errigle for say 6N matches etc. and on match day I am always in Ravenhill, so I don't frequently watch an UR match in the pub.

Would appreciate if anyone is aware of other pubs in and around the centre of Belfast that tend to show UR and are likely to be a bit of craic. I appreciate it, thanks.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Pub for the Semi Final

Post by Russ »

Bot
Union
Errigle
Fly
Laverys
Eg

All will show the game

Sent from my Brennan
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Hatfield should have Ulster game, big rugby fans in there apparently
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Kofi Annan wrote:Hatfield should have Ulster game, big rugby fans in there apparently
Cheers for that Kofi.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Pimpmac wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:Hatfield should have Ulster game, big rugby fans in there apparently
Cheers for that Kofi.
Think I would stick to the Errigle
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
cardweg
Novice

Post by cardweg »

+1
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

FA cup is on too isn't it (no idea of timings). The big house will have designated TVs for each game and if you're eating you could book a table at one of those definitely showing the rugby. Steak dinner ... great pint ... I'm almost sorry I'll be in Dublin.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:FA cup is on too isn't it (no idea of timings). The big house will have designated TVs for each game and if you're eating you could book a table at one of those definitely showing the rugby. Steak dinner ... great pint ... I'm almost sorry I'll be in Dublin.
FA cup normally kicks off at 3:00. Even if there's extra time and penalties, it should be over well before the rugby coverage starts.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:
BR wrote:FA cup is on too isn't it (no idea of timings). The big house will have designated TVs for each game and if you're eating you could book a table at one of those definitely showing the rugby. Steak dinner ... great pint ... I'm almost sorry I'll be in Dublin.
FA cup normally kicks off at 3:00. Even if there's extra time and penalties, it should be over well before the rugby coverage starts.
That was in the old days Merv!

I'm told that it is late in the modern era.

Edit: google tells me that it is a 5pm k.o. and that it will be between The Woolwich Arsenal and Hull KR
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
That was in the old days Merv!

I'm told that it is late in the modern era.

Edit: google tells me that it is a 5pm k.o. and that it will be between The Woolwich Arsenal and Hull KR
London has to shut down when northen teams come.

Animals with zero social skills

Sent from my Brennan
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Pimpmac wrote:I have a friend over from NZ for a couple of weeks (beer drinking, rugby loving kiwi)
Is your mate as egotistical & obnoxious as the average Kiwi?

Bet he can't wait to get back to NZ, they are generally not well disposed to being taken from their native backwater and have been known to pine because every thing is so much better in the 19th century.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Pimpmac
Initiate

Post by Pimpmac »

Rooster wrote:
Pimpmac wrote:
Cheers for that Kofi.
Think I would stick to the Errigle
Roost I had my tongue firmly in my cheek with my response to the wag that is Kofi...
BaggyTrousers wrote:
Pimpmac wrote:I have a friend over from NZ for a couple of weeks (beer drinking, rugby loving kiwi)
Is your mate as egotistical & obnoxious as the average Kiwi?

Bet he can't wait to get back to NZ, they are generally not well disposed to being taken from their native backwater and have been known to pine because every thing is so much better in the 19th century.

Of course he is Baggy, but he has one ever so small redeeming feature and that is that he is a Kiwi and not an Aussie. The words egotistical and obnoxious were originally created for the pending arrival of the Aussie. Take the worst of Britain and Ireland, throw them together in big boats and send them to an island on the other side of the world = aussie.

:duck: