Travel to Aironi

Questions for the players, the management, the UAFC, the URSC or other supporters... Someone might answer you!! (and pigs might fly)

Moderator: Moderators

Tanumz
Novice

Re: Travel to Aironi

Post by Tanumz »

As soon as it's made official by ERC, I will post you useful information.
Infact, if anyone is interested, we do have some special deals for Rugby Monza with some of the local hotels; they will be published (in english) on www.rugbymonza.com
Ciao and looking forward to meeting you for a pint in Monza!
Ithryn
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Ithryn »

So what is the best way to get to Monza?

anyone already booked hotels/flights?
Why? Why not?
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

Ithryn wrote:So what is the best way to get to Monza?
Fly to Milan - Monza is only 15km from the city centre. Milan has 2 main airports - Malpensa and Linate. Malpensa is the bigger of the two but is quite a distance from the centre of Milan so if you have a choice of airports, it is quicker to get into the centre from Linate.

Ryanair also fly to what they call Milan Bergamo which in typical Ryanair fashion, is also quite a distance from the centre of Milan.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

I am for Monza now next week and im staying in Bergamo right beside the train station in a hotel called Mercure Bergamo Palazzo Dolci.

Im flying to Bergamo because the airport is pretty near to the town, the hotel is right beside the train station with trains to Monza.

I was going to stay in Milan but it seemed a nightmare finding a way to get from some hotels in Milan to the city centre to get an actual train.
Tanumz
Novice

Post by Tanumz »

Hello guys some useful infos:
Linate is the closest ariport, 15 minutes drive; Bergamo is very convenient too (about 30 minutes) whilst Malpensa is the furthest away and sometimes in heavy traffic conditions can be a pain in the b.. to get there.
If any of you guys are interested, Rugby Monza has a deal with Euro Hotel in Concorezzo, which is less then a mile from the Stadium ( http://www.eurohotelresidence.it/?page= ... &room=none); when you enquire, if you mention the "rugby monza deal" you will get a generous discount.
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

Tanumz wrote:I know I'm new, but I am from Monza and Ulster have booked the hotel there ...
Scusi Tanumuz just checking your credentials . Thanks for the info :salut:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Tanumz
Novice

Post by Tanumz »

No problema ... Looking forward to hosting you in Monza
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

monza confirmed on Aironi's FB page. Leicester is saying anyone with bookings in the Parma area should get in touch and Aironi will organise transfers for them.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:monza confirmed on Aironi's FB page. Leicester is saying anyone with bookings in the Parma area should get in touch and Aironi will organise transfers for them.
:scratch: Where, I don't see any mention of it
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Found it on Twitter :thumleft:
Gli Aironi giocheranno le loro gare interne della Heineken Cup 2011/2012 allo stadio Brianteo di Monza il 12 Nov, il 17 Dic e il 14 Gen 2012
Or 9 hours ago they said
Now it's official : Stadio Brianteo in Monza (MILAN) will be the home venue of the 2011/2012 @HCupRugby season of Aironi Rugby . @ercrugby
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tanumz
Novice

Post by Tanumz »

Hello everybody,

for the fans travelling to Monza we have started to put together a small guide that you will find on our webiste:

http://www.rugbymonza.com/portale/index ... Itemid=248

Feedback welcome and let us know what other useful information can be added to the guide

Tanu