Ticket Prices

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

colinh
Lord Chancellor

Ticket Prices

Post by colinh »

I was just on the Leinster site to buy somw tickets for the forthcoming fixture against Ulster and was stunned by the prices being a renowned skinflint. Prices are:

Covered Stand 25 euros
Uncovered Stand 20 Euros
Terrace 15 euros

Now the tickets will all be at the ends of the appropriate areas as they have the rest roped of for their own fans:

Ulster Prices

Stand: £11
Prom/ Terrace £11 for similar types of areas.

And there are no covered stand tickets for Ulster supporters. So if you want to go to the game and sit in the stand you have to get your tickets of either http://www.leinsterrugby.ie or http://www.irishrugby.ie.

Colin :twisted:
Last edited by colinh on Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Didn't think they had any covered stand tickets for general sale colin, something about increased season ticket sales :roll: Wonder how many will attend the lesser games.
They need high ticket prices to make up for the lack of numbers :shock:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

They need high ticket prices to make up for the lack of numbers
Quite possibly but I must check to see what last years prices are like and Ill let you know. Last season I bought 3 x 2 sets of tickets for their HEC home games for £90 which was good value. It worked out at £15 a seat for LR middle of the East Lower front.

They may have incresaed season ticket sales but not so much in the stand. The end few blocks will always be difficult to sell as season tickets but are available to casual attendance.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Thought I saw something about no stand seats but that website of theirs is such a mess and so slow to load on my snail speed, I could not be bothered looking again, did notice no mention of childrens tickets though :shock:
An uncovered stand is worse than standing on a wet night, whats their capacity now?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

so slow to load on my snail speed
Its pretty slow on broadband too. But I think they are looking to increase server capacity. Im not sure I like the message boad too complicated for a simple sole like me. Im not sure what their capacity is but I think the seating has been increased which might decrease capacity. I see they hope to move HEC games to the RDS.with its 13 thousand capacity.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Thought I saw tickets for the Ulster-Leinster match on the UR site - with reduced prices for Magical and the Cheese (for the terracing at least).
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Got it Thanks Paul. But yes the prices for the wee rascals are reduced.

Romeo47 Alpha 52
barney
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by barney »

They need high ticket prices to make up for the lack of numbers
Suspect it's more about financing the proposed re-development of Donnybrook.

They've lodged a planning application to build apartments on part of the land they own down there and flog them off to help finance the revamp.

Every little helps I guess.
colinh
Lord Chancellor

Post by colinh »

Seems to be a few problems with the planning permission though .... now what other stadium in Dublin 4 is having the same difficulties and turned down a chance to host some pool games for the next RWC as it would be in the throws of rebuild. ...............hmmmmm let me see.

Romeo47 Alpha 52