A new year a new dawn

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

A new year a new dawn

Post by Kofi Annan »

Okays, back from my holibobs and good to see no one missed me, okay spent some time thinking this over , the Cnut is gone, now the only way forward is up, I am positive that this season will be the start, a fresh start. We don’t not need a world class coach, we don’t need World class players , we need honesty, commitment, and the amateurs to stay out of the way, let the club do what it does , play rugby.

Still not buying a season ticket , point has to be made. But I feel genuinely that feck has gone to his calling we can get on with it.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A new year a new dawn

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Sorry Kofi but this sounds very much like the third “moving on” thread, though in fairness you are not a preachytwat like some we’ve seen on the other threads.

I look forward to amending my strapline when he is officially gone and not just head gardener. :D

But you are right in at least one respect, it is an opportunity to get things right and start a recovery. I’m still looking toward five years to recover from Slogan and the succession of coaching clowns during his tenure since they stabbed McGlock in the back front and face.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

With Dan x2 and the new faces amongst the players I think we can play some non-embarrassing rugby. We don't have a star studded squad but some of the new guys will add experience which is what we will certainly require with potentially a number of young players emerging.

Our pack will largely depend on a certain player's knee ligament. I think we could have a decent pack without him but with a fit Marcell we could be a very different prospect.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

So when do we get to change our straplines?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

All we need this season is movement in the right direction. Realistic expectations need to be the order of the day.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I just hope we don't rollover when up against the big boys. Or Edinburgh. We need to become genuinely difficult to beat.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:I just hope we don't rollover when up against the big boys. Or Edinburgh. We need to become genuinely difficult to beat.
I think we should not forget that having endured the February and March from hell when it looked odds on Treviso would beat us to the playoff, we went over to Embra and knocked their ballix in and then beat Ospreys Glasgo, drew with Munster and thrashed Ospreys after a horror start losing Nae Hands Luke and even earlier, Louis. We also were missing Best and Hendy and Sean Reid also got bollixed.

That run was achieved when the squad was done to the bare bones,

Reasons to be cheerful, part one:

Serious improvement in defence when Girrid got the gig, everyone in the squad appears to respect his Rugby brain.
That horrible lying nástard J B Gibbes has taken his sorry lying ärse to France via Waikato for a few months.
Optimism about Marcel however thin confidence may be.
Nordi Murphy a fabulous signing
Hopefully Marty Moore will be too.
King Billy
Addison
The academy lads continuing to develop and a couple or timbres more making a mark
My big playing in white hope is that Nick Timony will prove that you can get quality players who Mexico dismiss.

We aren’t Mexico, we’re not close, but we can go in the right direction. We still have major holes I sevveral positions and we won’t see a lot of several of our best players, some through injury, some being protected ahead of the RWC.

No reason we can’t return to respectability, being greedy I’d like to see much of my wish list working out. Obviously a season without breaking Marcel would make an enormous difference.

Looking forward to it..... in a Tommy from Comber way, I won’t miss a match. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Sounds like everyone is moving on.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Sounds like everyone is moving on.
Not until the Head Gardener is either dead or terminated in employment terms. If moving on includes forgiveness of the FIRFUCs for their trespasses against us, that'll be a bloody cold day in hell. Today was pretty cold here, just 31 but a lovely breeze made it feel Baltic.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Is the grass alive or dead?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Russ wrote:Is the grass alive or dead?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Time we mowed on.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I never mow lawn, we've got gardeners here doncha know, can't have a blade of grass outta place if you wanted to, a small army with sickles and scythes will descend on your garden and the Head Gardener will show up, scissors in hand for any trim that needs perfecting.

I hope the Head Gardener has a stroke sometime soon and that in 5 years his garden will be a dead ringer for Percy Thrower's and someone will stumble on his emaciated corpse in the overgrowth, well I say corpse, I mean whatever the rats and worms have left of him.
eastman
Novice

Post by eastman »

This is dangerously close to a positive thinking thread. Stay out of the sun guys!!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

eastman wrote:This is dangerously close to a positive thinking thread. Stay out of the sun guys!!
Two posts and not a word about rugby yet.

Can we assume you are just limbering up for the season? Are you 49ers wife/bitch? Or might I be secure in the knowledge that your purpose here is simply to be a mouthy wee Warren Gatland.

Welcome to the forum by the way, most remiss of me not to greet you earlier. Enjoy your time here be you a lifer or a transient visitor with feck all to say, either way, all are welcome here.

Note to Mods: any chance of having a button that will add in the last paragraph? ......oh I say it every time and mean it with utmost sincerity, it's just getting old, as am I.
eastman
Novice

Post by eastman »

Thanks Baggy for that warm and eloquent welcome. On the rugby front I also am looking forward to the new season. I do not expect it to be easy but after last season I think some positive signings, some youth finally coming through our own system and new structures in place there is reason for mild optimism for at least the medium to longer term. Not sure if I am a "real" supporter but have missed very few home games since the mid 70s. Look forward to the usual level of wit and insight from the forum this season!