Season Tickets

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

LadyP
Novice

Season Tickets

Post by LadyP »

I note that UR are refusing to pay back monies to people who want to cancel their agreements.

I would ask for a copy of the agreement were this is stipulated , or threaten then with legal action, you may have started the process but you have a right to cancel without penalty as you do not have the product. DO NOT BE BULLIED BY THEM
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Tickets

Post by Rooster »

I only signed for one year as I don't see a price rise next year.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

If it was done at distance, and was within the last 14 days, I'm pretty sure you're on an excellent legal footing to get your money back.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

OneMore wrote:If it was done at distance, and was within the last 14 days, I'm pretty sure you're on an excellent legal footing to get your money back.
Which says you have the right to cancel an online order up to 14 days after you've received it

UR do not have a leg to stand on
Suggest people contact KRW Law or Gerry Adams personal QC

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Genuine Question:. Why would people have paid money while there was so much uncertainty, if their renewal was in any doubt?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Genuine Question:. Why would people have paid money while there was so much uncertainty, if their renewal was in any doubt?
I have not paid anything yet though BR :cheers:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
theCloudSpotter
Initiate

Season Tickets

Post by theCloudSpotter »

BR wrote:Genuine Question:. Why would people have paid money while there was so much uncertainty, if their renewal was in any doubt?
Because I stupidly assumed the two lads would be back playing next season and I pay my ticket by instalments each season.

The deadline fast approached for instalment payments a few weeks ago so I decided to give it another go (being an optimist), then the news broke Friday night after the match.

Saturday morning I emailed UR about cancelling my ticket for next year and they politely informed me on Tuesday that I couldn’t get a refund on my first payment, asking me for a decision before the next payment on what I intended to do.

I cancelled anyway and took the hit (£87). I feel particularly aggrieved, but hey...all my shirts, jackets, hats and fleeces went in the bin and I wasn’t tempted to fish them out.

The bin lorry went yesterday. Adios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Why are people jumping in so quickly and renewing when we don't know who are 10 or coaches will be? There's be plenty of time.
LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

theCloudSpotter wrote:
Because I stupidly assumed the two lads would be back playing next season and I pay my ticket by instalments each season.

The deadline fast approached for instalment payments a few weeks ago so I decided to give it another go (being an optimist), then the news broke Friday night after the match.

Saturday morning I emailed UR about cancelling my ticket for next year and they politely informed me on Tuesday that I couldn’t get a refund on my first payment, asking me for a decision before the next payment on what I intended to do.

I cancelled anyway and took the hit (£87). I feel particularly aggrieved, but hey...all my shirts, jackets, hats and fleeces went in the bin and I wasn’t tempted to fish them out.

The bin lorry went yesterday. Adios.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Young cloud spotter, good morning, go back and tell them that as you had not received the goods you paid for you demand that they give you a complete and full refund, failing that you will go to small claims and recover the money and costs.
"This doesn't look good Parker"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Never really got the point of the installment thing, but each to their own.

BTW: I'm almost certain the Distance Selling Regs don't apply to tickets. Sorry.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:Never really got the point of the installment thing, but each to their own.

BTW: I'm almost certain the Distance Selling Regs don't apply to tickets. Sorry.
Then do a chargeback on your credit or debit card
Tell UR you will be doing a chargeback. Really fecks off sellers so they'll usually pay there and then

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BR wrote:Never really got the point of the installment thing, but each to their own.

Oh aye, but don't take my word for it. As the Ulster Fry says, anyone with a keyboard is a qualified lawyer now. And no doubt the combined wisdom of this message board would not jump to a firm conclusion without first fully understanding the law behind it.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Invoice date is date you renewed not the date of first payment, owner of property, ie ticket remains with them until paid in full
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

It's complicated BR. I've renewed, I almost certainly will be at no matches, it will cost me nothing thanks to a sponsors largesse, others will benefit.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:Why are people jumping in so quickly and renewing when we don't know who are 10 or coaches will be? There's be plenty of time.
It's complicated, normally I would say it's my duty to suffer whatever is thrown at us. That of course is now history
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.