Harlequins Dec 17

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

Harlequins Dec 17

Postby twiglet » Tue Aug 22, 2017 4:52 pm

A day return from Belfast to Gatwick on 10th Dec for a 1.00pm kick off is only £42.
User avatar
twiglet
Novice
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:15 am

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:00 pm

twiglet wrote:A day return from Belfast to Gatwick on 10th Dec for a 1.00pm kick off is only £42.
What time does it arrive into Gatwick?

It takes 30 minutes to get out of domestic arrivals and onto a thameslink train

40 minutes then to clapham junction
20 minutes to twickenham (if trains meet up)

15 minute to get out of station and to ground

On way back add an extra 30 minutes to get back into statiom

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Might be better to go to Heathrow and get bus.
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25068
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Rooster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:04 pm

The trains will cost as much as the flight !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 38068
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby twiglet » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:14 pm

Flight arrives in Gatwick at 08.25 so shouldn't be a problem getting to match. Return flight is 21.40. Match should be over about 15.00 - no guarantees but again timings should be fine.
User avatar
twiglet
Novice
 
Posts: 272
Joined: Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:15 am

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:46 pm

Rooster wrote:The trains will cost as much as the flight !
All done on the one oyster transaction. That train will cost about £8 but you might get lucky depending on pink readers and be charged £3.50

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25068
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Rooster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:57 pm

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:The trains will cost as much as the flight !
All done on the one oyster transaction. That train will cost about £8 but you might get lucky depending on pink readers and be charged £3.50

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That include the one in from Gatwick Russ ? or do you go straight to Clapham ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 38068
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Russ » Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:59 pm

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:The trains will cost as much as the flight !
All done on the one oyster transaction. That train will cost about £8 but you might get lucky depending on pink readers and be charged £3.50

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That include the one in from Gatwick Russ ? or do you go straight to Clapham ?
Southern service from gatters to clapham junction
Change there for train to twickers or richmond and walk

If you dont enter zone 1 you dont pay for zone 1


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25068
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Rooster » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:09 pm

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:The trains will cost as much as the flight !
All done on the one oyster transaction. That train will cost about £8 but you might get lucky depending on pink readers and be charged £3.50

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

That include the one in from Gatwick Russ ? or do you go straight to Clapham ?
Southern service from gatters to clapham junction
Change there for train to twickers or richmond and walk

If you dont enter zone 1 you dont pay for zone 1


Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cheers, must keep that in mind if I go
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 38068
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Dave » Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:17 pm

Trains will be on strike. Just get a few mates and go on a road trip. You can drink drive in France.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13061
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby justinr73 » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:27 pm

Bishop's Stortford are at home on the Saturday in Nat League 1 - we're right next to Stansted Airport.

My firm sponsor the first team - I met Dan Leo, our new designated player last night, who's a top bloke.

Come and watch. We may even have room for a few on the Saturday night, failing which it's an easy return journey to London.

A couple of other club members are proper NI-er Ulster fans,not Lionels like me Baggy.
User avatar
justinr73
Steward
 
Posts: 917
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby mikerob » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:44 am

Engineering works schedule for December isn't up yet but that may disrupt things...
User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9113
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Russ » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:53 am

mikerob wrote:Engineering works schedule for December isn't up yet but that may disrupt things...
There will be no issues on either of the lines you need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25068
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby mikerob » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:57 am

Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:Engineering works schedule for December isn't up yet but that may disrupt things...
There will be no issues on either of the lines you need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Not guaranteed... there development at Twickenham station and there will be some disruption on some weekends because of this.
https://www.southwesternrailway.com/pla ... tion-works
User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9113
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby Russ » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:01 am

mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:Engineering works schedule for December isn't up yet but that may disrupt things...
There will be no issues on either of the lines you need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Not guaranteed... there development at Twickenham station and there will be some disruption on some weekends because of this.
https://www.southwesternrailway.com/pla ... tion-works
Will there flip

This is December. No unionised workforce works December

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 25068
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Harlequins Dec 17

Postby mikerob » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:04 am

Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:
Russ wrote:
mikerob wrote:Engineering works schedule for December isn't up yet but that may disrupt things...
There will be no issues on either of the lines you need

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Not guaranteed... there development at Twickenham station and there will be some disruption on some weekends because of this.
https://www.southwesternrailway.com/pla ... tion-works
Will there flip

This is December. No unionised workforce works December



..except for all the major track and station refurb projects that are always organised in December (between Christmas and New Year admittedly)
User avatar
mikerob
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 9113
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2005 7:50 pm
Location: Chiswick, London

Next


  • Advertisement

Return to Stand Up fer the Ulstermen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Recent Forum Topics

Login

Username:

Password:


Remember Me
Hide Me
Register
Image
Image
Check out our latest T-Shirts for all the family!!
The UAFC Shop
Image

Polls

Glasgow vs Ulster MOTM

Jared Payne
2
3%


Louis Ludik
25
40%


Darren Cave
3
5%


Stuart McCloskey
0
0%


Stuart Olding
0
0%


Rob Lyttle
1
2%


Charles Piutau
4
6%


Paddy Jackson
18
29%


Ruan Pienaar
2
3%


Andy Warwick
0
0%


Callum Black
0
0%


Rob Herring
0
0%


Rory Best
0
0%


Rodney Ah You
3
5%


Ross Kane
0
0%


Alan O'Connor
0
0%


Peter Browne
0
0%


Franco van der Merwe
0
0%


Iain Henderson
0
0%


Sean Reidy
3
5%


Roger Wilson
1
2%


Clive Ross
1
2%


 
Total votes : 63

View topic

!-- Piwik -->