UAFC V URSC Membership

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Polly Cotton
Novice

UAFC V URSC Membership

Post by Polly Cotton »

I note this site has 2790 registered members, how many does URSC have , can anyone help ? I have looked at the URSC website and it really is uninspiring and lacking a lot in content . My daughters dance class website is a lot better tbh.

I dont know much about the supporters club, can someone fill me in.

Polly
You may know my sister, Dot
ruckover
Lord Chancellor

Re: UAFC V URSC Membership

Post by ruckover »

I don't know any statistics, but do bear in mind that it's free to create an account on here but you have to pay to join the URSC. Plus, some may have more than one account active on here.
You haven't seen me at my best yet. Let's be honest, you probably never will.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Quite a few on here have several parody accounts.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wee Hugh F is my favourite parody account

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Rum'n is undoubtedly a parody account.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
WestDr
Novice

Post by WestDr »

Polly Cotton wrote:I note this site has 2790 registered members, how many does URSC have , can anyone help ? I have looked at the URSC website and it really is uninspiring and lacking a lot in content . My daughters dance class website is a lot better tbh.

I dont know much about the supporters club, can someone fill me in.

Polly
For £10 per year for URSC adult membership, amongst other things, I get the chance for decent seats for the Ireland home games.

For nothing on UAFC I get Russ. Baggy however is always worth a minute or two of my (not very expensive) time. And I know he wouldn't take up any Ireland tickets too..... (if he was an URSC member).

It's a pity that Adam McKendry now writes for the 42 Rugby rather than the previews and reports for UAFC, but then he probably now gets paid for it.... The other main benefit of this site - RoosterVision. (If everyone thanked him everyday, it wouldn't be enough - for those in the distant parts of the world, it's a godsend). And the mods.

If you're unhappy with the URSC website, why not (a) let them know via their contact email what you would like to see on it and/or (b) volunteer to add to the content yourself.

They're different horses for different courses. Join both and don't be exclusive !
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

You are comparing apples to oranges with the numbers. The supporters club is an annual renewal and this board's numbers are from the year dot. Both provide different things to the rugby supporter community. At 0.03p per day, the supporters club is good value and of course being on here only costs you your time. :cheers:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

mid ulster maestro wrote:You are comparing apples to oranges with the numbers. The supporters club is an annual renewal and this board's numbers are from the year dot. Both provide different things to the rugby supporter community. At 0.03p per day, the supporters club is good value and of course being on here only costs you your time. :cheers:
Feck sake MUM I reckon the goons I've had to chastise here have taken 10 years off my life to this point. No charge, just watching your life drain away in bite-sized pieces.

WestDr & Mum. for years I have been a member of both, sadly with advancing age, I never quite got round to joining URSC this season & when I did remember it was too late to bother. Sadly this leaves a gaping hole in my wee enamel badge collection. Oh well.

It is de riguer to run almost everything in life down, but I have always been willing to speak the good word on the URSC, a very well intention bunch and I always admire people who spend their time running something from which many others benefit.

Whilst being in fulsome tribute mode, thanks, Brother Rooster for another season's videos, I've delved into a few older ones recently to stave off the depression this season has brought with very few matches being worth rewatching.

Is it just me or has the fine thread "WTPS" vanished, I mean FFFS Mac I know you have a life to lead but I miss it. Don't it always seem to go that you don't know what you've got til it's gone?

And finally to Fermain and his gang who keep this place open for the sole purpose of giving me somewhere to rant, thanks buddy, especially because I haven't been shitcanned all season. That could even be back-to-back no ban seasons. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I suppose in other times I might have congratulated wee tiny John for his FRU ballix but whilst I'm a generous man, no way. :D

Well done to all.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

URSC Bakebook has about 6.5K members I think, but most of those are not URSC members. You don't have to be a member of URSC to join URSC Bakebook, and you don't have to be non-member of URSC to be a member on here. They are not mutually exclusive.

Doubt you will find too many would disagree with you about URSC website but it will be undergoing a re-launch, I believe in the not too distant future.

Paid-up membership for URSC has been sitting at around 1100-1200 for the past few years although not always the same 1100-1200. Prob (???) a core membership of 1500 if the "regulars" all signed up at one time,but that's a guess on my part.

PS - I probably account for at least 10 memberships on UAFC forums. :lol: (most of which were created years ago just to stir things from time to time and have been dormant for years)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

The main difference is that UAFC's drunken mod doesn't ban you while over on URSC theirs does...
Last edited by scrum5 on Wed May 24, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Quite a few on here no longer exist, I haven't looked at stats of visits for ages but there is normally a core of about 50 daily regulars and another 100 weekly, after that it is the ones who look in when there is something controversial or good happens on the pitch, people come and people go over the years.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

scrum5 wrote:The main difference is that UAFC's drunken mod doesn't ban you will over on URSC theirs DID...
Fixed ....... I think :lol:
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Rooster wrote:....people come and people go over the years.
One person has even been known to go over the heads of others ....... :duck:
I'm not arguing -
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

I like the URSC people

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

One trusts and hopes that Trevor Brennan is a member of neither.

For the record and LEST WE FORGET today is DAY 3778.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh