Treviso Away 10 Sept.

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

RUAN MUST STAY

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

The RUAN MUST STAY campaign UP's it's efforts starting in Treviso .... Sky Coverage will give us a wider audience than BBC2 NI
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Treviso Away 10 Sept.

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gary wrote:Got my shorts ready.

Just worried I'll frighten the locals when I wear them.
Would that be because you have your sniper rifle strapped to your leg Gary?

By the way, like your strapline. Feck the FIRFU. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Baggy, the sight of my knobbly knees, especially now that they are different sizes since an MCL fell apart, would cause more distress than the sight of me carrying a rocket-launcher. :D
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

I rarely disagree with the wisdom and wit of Surreyredberet but I reckon fewer people watch Ulster games when they are on Sky Sports compared to when they are on BBC2(NI). Anyone know where we can ascertain comparative viewing figures?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

And LEST WE FORGET, match day in Treviso this Saturday will be Trevor Brennan DAY 3521.
At the going down of the sun, and even in the early morning mist bla bla bla .................
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:And LEST WE FORGET, match day in Treviso this Saturday will be Trevor Brennan DAY 3521.
At the going down of the sun, and even in the early morning mist bla bla bla .................
Feck Trevor Brennan, start a days since Ruan got his P45
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Rooster wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:And LEST WE FORGET, match day in Treviso this Saturday will be Trevor Brennan DAY 3521.
Feck Trevor Brennan, start a days since Ruan got his P45
Indeed. The day of greatest infamy.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Looks like the suncream will be needed in Treviso this weekend :D For anyone going, probably best to spend the extra few euros for the shade of the Settore stand rather than the Gradinata stand. You normally just buy the tickets at the ground on the day.

https://shop.ticketone.it/t1-shop/#/pro ... iliate=ITT

For any newbies, the usual place to meet is the Celtic Pub, less than 5 mins walk from both the Continental and Carlton hotels. Its on the right hand side before the bridge, can't miss it! The no 9 bus will get you to the ground, can buy tkts (1 Euro each) from the tabac beside the pub. There is a bus stop beside the pub also. The buses back into town don't run that late from memory, so you may to make a relatively quick exit from the ground to get it or use a taxi.

Osteria Antico Pallone on Vicolo Rialto near the main square is a decent bar with an interesting dark beer and produce from the local area available for a snack etc. Da Pino pizzeria in the main square does excellent food.

At the ground last season, it was 5 euro for a large Guinness, 3.50 euro for half a lager. The prosecco was 6 euro for a 750ml bottle. It is a "cashless" bar - you queue up at one place - give your order and pay. You then get given a receipt of sorts which you take to the bar itself.

It's a brilliant weekend :D :fleg:
mikerob
Lord Chancellor

Post by mikerob »

HwoodMike2umate wrote:I rarely disagree with the wisdom and wit of Surreyredberet but I reckon fewer people watch Ulster games when they are on Sky Sports compared to when they are on BBC2(NI). Anyone know where we can ascertain comparative viewing figures?
A summary of UK viewing figures are on www.barb.co.uk but they don't have BBC regional channels so you would need to find someone with a BARB subscription to get the BBC2 NI figures.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

mikerob wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:I rarely disagree with the wisdom and wit of Surreyredberet but I reckon fewer people watch Ulster games when they are on Sky Sports compared to when they are on BBC2(NI). Anyone know where we can ascertain comparative viewing figures?
A summary of UK viewing figures are on http://www.barb.co.uk but they don't have BBC regional channels so you would need to find someone with a BARB subscription to get the BBC2 NI figures.
I suspect BBC2ni provides a bigger audience; Sky Sports provides a 'wider' audience.

No point preaching to the converted.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Surrey Red Hand
Warrior Assassin

Post by Surrey Red Hand »

Is that enough information to appease the Holywood One though ???
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Surrey Red Hand wrote:Is that enough information to appease the Holywood One though ???
No he needs instructions on how to find his own bed and manage to transport himself there, he has a poor record in Treviso of being able to do that
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
Surrey Red Hand wrote:Is that enough information to appease the Holywood One though ???
No he needs instructions on how to find his own bed and manage to transport himself there, he has a poor record in Treviso of being able to do that
To be fair to Holywood Mike, he is not the only one.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
It's a freaky place, one minute you are happily downing liquor in a bar next thing you know you wake up in your own bed the next morning not knowing how you got there :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:
What you meant was

To be fair, Treviso's not the only place where he has a poor record of finding his way to his own bed.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right