Ravenhill experience

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Ravenhill experience

Post by BR »

Hard to keep track of what policies are in force and enforced on match day, so I thought I'd make a thread.

You know the way sometimes roads are open other times they're closed. Drink in the family stand, etc.

Not trying to discuss the pros and cons, just let people know what seems to be happening.
Last edited by BR on Sat Feb 06, 2016 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ravenhill experience

Post by BR »

As of last night, they are denying access to Aquinas School for pedestrians through either gate. Car park pass holders only.
It did mention it at the bottom if the prematch email to be fair, but I seldom read that far down.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Anyone notice the attempt to force supporters off the Terrace one side or the other. I always knew they closed the gates before full time to force you around the back. I noticed this week they've a poorly constructed mesh barrier also running up the middle of the Terrace to stop you ducking under that way. Except, on one little 2ft wide portion just below the wheelchair area.

We stayed a bit later on the Terrace last night and when we tried to leave, there was little of the crowd left, Eventsec refused to open the middle gates. So everyone just bypassed them down the narrow 2ft strip. It was a squeeze with few of us left never mind if there was a capacity crowd present. Reminded me of the old Donkeybrook experience.

Can they not open the gates on the Terrace 10mins after the final whistle?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Once a Knight wrote:
BR wrote:As of last night, they are denying access to Aquinas School for pedestrians through either gate. Car park pass holders only.
It did mention it at the bottom if the prematch email to be fair, but I seldom read that far down.
That was the case from the start. They it was relaxed which meant that there was a huge queue at the gate with one Eventsec scanning all and sundry. The Dragons match was the first time I've seen it properly run this season with the first gate closed and only cars with passes admitted. I did notice people exiting through the school at full time so it seems only to be entrance to the ground.
Yes. Exit is grand. I doubt the queues are the problem (they could throw another couple of scanners at it, if it was). More likely the residents/school.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Last Friday Eventsec were blocking off the stairs that go over the tunnel on the Prom forcing those at the Aquinas end to go through the Aquinas end bar or off the far end of the Prom. They haven't done this before to my knowledge and there has been no obvious problem which needed this solution. I really don't understand why they (Eventsec/UR) feel the need to increase the amount of crowd management just for its own sake.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Spanners is a bit pish these days. But the beer and banter is grand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

pwrmoore wrote:Last Friday Eventsec were blocking off the stairs that go over the tunnel on the Prom forcing those at the Aquinas end to go through the Aquinas end bar or off the far end of the Prom. They haven't done this before to my knowledge and there has been no obvious problem which needed this solution. I really don't understand why they (Eventsec/UR) feel the need to increase the amount of crowd management just for its own sake.
Question is whether it is Eventsec/UR or just Eventsec, and further whether that has been prompted by something/someone else (eg Council H&S)???

As you say, it seems strange to come up with answers to which there was no problem, but it wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

(BTW - you looked well on tele on Friday! ) :thumleft:

(For those who don't know him, you can guess which of the 13K+ he was) :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:Last Friday Eventsec were blocking off the stairs that go over the tunnel on the Prom forcing those at the Aquinas end to go through the Aquinas end bar or off the far end of the Prom. They haven't done this before to my knowledge and there has been no obvious problem which needed this solution. I really don't understand why they (Eventsec/UR) feel the need to increase the amount of crowd management just for its own sake.
Question is whether it is Eventsec/UR or just Eventsec, and further whether that has been prompted by something/someone else (eg Council H&S)???

As you say, it seems strange to come up with answers to which there was no problem, but it wouldn't be the first time that has happened.

(BTW - you looked well on tele on Friday! ) :thumleft:

(For those who don't know him, you can guess which of the 13K+ he was) Image
He was looking "very concerned" I believe.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Jackie Brown wrote:Anyone notice the attempt to force supporters off the Terrace one side or the other. I always knew they closed the gates before full time to force you around the back. I noticed this week they've a poorly constructed mesh barrier also running up the middle of the Terrace to stop you ducking under that way. Except, on one little 2ft wide portion just below the wheelchair area.

We stayed a bit later on the Terrace last night and when we tried to leave, there was little of the crowd left, Eventsec refused to open the middle gates. So everyone just bypassed them down the narrow 2ft strip. It was a squeeze with few of us left never mind if there was a capacity crowd present. Reminded me of the old Donkeybrook experience.

Jackie, I may be being a bit slow on the uptake but ........ are you saying the terrace is segregated? TF I left for an almost comfy seat. :shock: Really?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Anyone notice the attempt to force supporters off the Terrace one side or the other. I always knew they closed the gates before full time to force you around the back. I noticed this week they've a poorly constructed mesh barrier also running up the middle of the Terrace to stop you ducking under that way. Except, on one little 2ft wide portion just below the wheelchair area.

Jackie, I may be being a bit slow on the uptake but ........ are you saying the terrace is segregated? TF I left for an almost comfy seat. :shock: Really?
Only at final whistle, to direct people out each end.

JB: I thought they'd been doing the wee temporary fence thing for a good while now (maybe just busier matches).
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Only at final whistle, to direct people out each end.

JB: I thought they'd been doing the wee temporary fence thing for a good while now (maybe just busier matches).
Clearly a sensible tactic then, I've yet to hear of any reported deaths. Hooray for Eventsec without whom god knows what the death toll would have been in recent years. :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Probably well up in the zeros Baggy. The only near death experience I'm aware of was thon chube who tripped on the stairs. :roll:
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:...... are you saying the terrace is segregated?
Not yet. The long term plan is: Taigs to the left, Prods to the right, Free P's to the far right and heathens behind the big screen. It's the Ulster way. :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Not yet. The long term plan is: Taigs to the left, Prods to the right, Free P's to the far right and heathens behind the big screen. It's the Ulster way. :thumleft:
Republicans go to Ravers?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
Republicans go to Ravers?
Presume you're trying to get a rise out of our own tame republican, Merv? :lol:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right