Oyonnax - encore un fois

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Oyonnax - encore un fois

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:paul… if corporate companies want to pay for their staff to follow Ulster around the world at their expense then I couldn't give a brad pitt. If UR want to take the entire Branch and their best mates then there needs to be some common sense applied to the numbers due to the huge cost involved. More so at a time when UR recently terminated dozens of contracts due to not having the funds to pay for them...
Not right if any were brought on a freebie except the president and perhaps junior vice president, anyone else should pay their way like the rest of us, remember when staff went previously they paid their own flights although at a slightly lower rate than a fan would have paid on the charter.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

rooster…. Yes indeed some did pay their own way but more than a few also took up the offer of 'its all on us' and took not only themselves but wives as well. Last week they were handing out tickets FREE on the Friday to businesses in the hope of crowd expansion on the night but if we win tomorrow then all the seats will soon fill up again.. that and the big announcement of 2 AB's due last month.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

The Ulster official party used three buses today at the airport, one for the team and management, I can only assume the other two buses were for essential persons to help on the quest for world domination. Recent branch financial report shared concerns at a shortage of funds to pay the wages being asked for players etc.

And I believe a £200k overspend.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

You can never have enough people helping on the way to World Domination but then again maybe one bus is for all the average players we accumulate Murphy, Rowley, Windsor, Ross/Reidy (whichever one isn't playing this week) and one or two others that I have probably forgot.

Lack of funds not only for players wages but also coaching staff some of whom are paid by 3rd parties presumably due to said lack of funds but hey as long as the old school ties have a good weekend in France (again).. I can only assume that Charlie boys £500K per year wages will only add to the woe.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Maybe all the corporate freebies will be invited back or will that be a freebie too far given the trip to Toulouse this weekend. Apparently Oyonnax seen the biggest influx of freebies ever to support UR on an away trip but hey UR is afloat with funds can throw money at this sort of thing.
Surely corporate freebies are being paid for by a company so what is the issue? Or are you actually talking about freeloaders being paid for by the branch?
I believe that some corporate sponsors/associates were being 'looked after' on the Oyonnax trip. Money well sent? We'll never know.
I understand that 2 (possibly 3) sponsors who were on their first ever trip to the first match (having paid their own way on that occasion) are being invited back at the Branch's expense this time - a feeling of obligation and keeping a new sponsor on board apparently. Whether that turns out to be good business, who knows?

Don't know if there is more to this though with others having similar - haven't heard of others, but what would I know?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Were we late because of the sponsors?
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Return flights Dublin - Lyon Fri 8th Mon 11th £110 - might be a few thinking about it given today's result or will people save their cash for the QF >EW
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Whilst not going myself one of the Pertemps Bees has booked a 4 person Airbnb

With 2 free spots in central Oyannax, inbox me if you want to join in
ooomince
Novice

Post by ooomince »

Lads new to this. Live in Zurich and might drive down to oyannax for game in jan. any others live in the Zurich area& fancy joining?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

"For those going to oyonnax away, I've a couple of mates going who have room for 2 more in an apartment in the town centre if anyone is interested.
Also anyone have space in their car going from geneva on the Friday/Saturday?"