ulster vs munstermay 2015

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

johnnymunster
Novice

ulster vs munstermay 2015

Post by johnnymunster »

hi there
as you can tell from my user name im a diehard Munster fan
i visited the Kingspan for the first time last Saturday and i want to post the same paragraph i posted on the munsterfans forum re my visit
my paragraph was as follows

have to write a quick note on my first visit to the Kingspan and definitely not my last
we were waiting outside the ground at the Merrion end and the amount of Ulster supporters that came up and wished us well was amazing
one supporter gave me a season ticket to use in memorial stand for free
when i took my seat it was very obvious that i was the only munster supporter in a sea of white as i was in supporters club section
all of the supporters were extremely friendly and very welcoming. we enjoyed great chat throughout the game and i must say the ulster boys clapped good play by munster too. i did stand up but that was a small price to pay. even at half time pints were placed in my hand by the ulster lads.
its great to be made so welcome and comfortable in an away stadium
i must say the ulster fans were a credit to their team

thanks to the ulster boys
its great to see we are all there for the love of our sport and the love of our clubs
well done all
namron
Warrior Chief

Re: ulster vs munstermay 2015

Post by namron »

That has post has made my night Johnny ,Glad you had a good un. See you in Thomond for the Semi ! :duck: lol
I hope to hell its not Wales :roll:
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Alister Scott
Steward

Post by Alister Scott »

Glad you enjoyed your experience Johnny. Now all you have to do to reciprocate is write to Iain Henderson's disciplinary panel and tell them that it wasn't his fault, he comes from a broken family and really he should not only be let off, but given a get out of jail free card for future offences. :D

I must admit I have had a number of excellent trips to Thomond, the most recent being in November earlier this season when I was one of only three Ulster supporters on one side of the stadium ....and we had great craic with the Munster support.

Only point I would pull you on (and it's really not that important) is that the supporters' club does not have its own section(s) in ravers - everyone just buys for wherever they want (availability depending, of course). Just saying, like ..... so I was! >EW
namron
Warrior Chief

Post by namron »

I for one would believe it. His meagre stipends know no bounds .How he makes them stretch would knock the five barley loaves and two fishes into a cocked hat >appl
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Hats off to Baggy - even if he was masquerading as the President of the URSC :lol:

Is he not banned on MF :scratch:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Once a Knight wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Hats off to Baggy - even if he was masquerading as the President of the URSC :lol:

Is he not banned on MF :scratch:
Not yet. :lol:
And won't be, I have already stretched my intended single post to three, more than enough. I don't insult Munster people, they are as good as I've met and are certainly to be treated with more respect than let's see ......... sheepworrying Scaaaaaaaaaaaaalets fans instantly spring to mind, the only forum I've ever been banned from, apart from here of course. :lol:

All kudos to my brother who hung around outside to provide the ticket, I merely provided a pint, I bought what is commonly known as "a rake" of them on my way back from my halftime pish. Johnny was just one recipient amongst several, Guinness budget for the month blown in one schnap.

Anyway as I have told a clearly dubious audience on many occasions, I have impeccably good manners, Johnny was a guest in our house.

Glad you enjoyed it Johnny.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Johnny was a guest in our house.
>appl >appl >appl

I find Thomond to be the most hospitable of places.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Arra here Baggy I saw that post on MF. You've made loads of new friends ya auld árse. Hopefully you will manage to not get pulled in there like yer sidekick. Oh he is lord and master over there these days. He even has his own court jester. :D

Apart from that though I'm delighted you guys gave it large for my fellow Munster folk. I'm always singing yer praises about the fecking place - Tis nice to know youse have come up to the mark........at last. >EW :D :D
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Shan wrote:Arra here Baggy I saw that post on MF. You've made loads of new friends ya auld árse. Hopefully you will manage to not get pulled in there like yer sidekick. Oh he is lord and master over there these days. He even has his own court jester. :D

Apart from that though I'm delighted you guys gave it large for my fellow Munster folk. I'm always singing yer praises about the fecking place - Tis nice to know youse have come up to the mark........at last. >EW :D :D
Shan, I have always thought it best to make as swift an exit as you've made an entrance when you intrude on another man's property.

For me, it's 3 posts and out. As I said, I've no interest in falling out with decent Munster folk who I've enjoyed manys the outing with, including in Bladdy Lahndahn where I met a few good lads for the Heineken Not the Heineken Heineken Cup.

Have to say I had to work far too hard on Sheepshagger Central before they sacked me, early on I had the feckers eating out of my hand ........ then I mentioned sheep & it all went Bristol Cities up. There was damn near blood on the carpet & I'd wager at least one of them was visited by their GP to try to get them out of their state of apoplexy ........... hopefully a stout schlap on the bake did the trick.

I still allow/bless the Tigers fans the benefit of my wisdom from time to time, but then unlike Sheep Central, I like the Tigers fans, very few whingers.

No I'll leave his grace in peace to do the "Nice Nordie" on there, it was his grace alerted me to the fact that some gombeen man had said I was delusional, so after the weekend I thought I'd set the record straight. Then I saw Johnny the Young Munsterman's post there and thought I'd put a few words too it, any credit due was all my brother's, I just shot the man a stout like anyone would.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.