Boys is the Man

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Boys is the Man

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: Someone said to me that McComish was being given game time by Esportif to increase his exposure and up his contract value prior to signing for another club..…
It was Russ wasn't it?
Sounds like something Russ would say.........
No i didn't say this
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Wtf is it with McComish?
The guy clearly can play as he has shown in games since he was brought back when he was supporting,clearing tackling, linking and really looked the part.
Then this week he goes back to playing like his old passive self, wandering aimlessly round the pitch and deliberately arriving at rucks after the work is done.
He does realise this is his job right and he can't just turn up when he is in the mood?

He should be on a performance related pay contract but given his history I would drop him like a hot potato now.
Can't afford to depend on that sort of a players lack of professionalism.
Boys in and I have never seen him play bear in mind.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

bazzaj wrote:Wtf is it with McComish?
The guy clearly can play as he has shown in games since he was brought back when he was supporting,clearing tackling, linking and really looked the part.
Then this week he goes back to playing like his old passive self, wandering aimlessly round the pitch and deliberately arriving at rucks after the work is done.
He does realise this is his job right and he can't just turn up when he is in the mood?

He should be on a performance related pay contract but given his history I would drop him like a hot potato now.
Jizzer sad to say that you clearly missed the fact that he was a slovenly waste of space against Treviso.

Don't blame yourself , many others considered him decent last week, trust me he was wasting oxygen but made the odd contribution such as passing to Gilly for his first try. I don't categorise you with them, but that is enough for a chube to consider him MOTM material.

On Friday some chubes were gushing about Roger and downplaying Fat Nick. Wrong, Roger was superb but both he and Fat Nick did the work of three men. Fat Nick did a job and remains the only likeable kiwi on the planet.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I feel let down by him Bagster to be honest as with most of us on here we want to see our players do well first and foremost and are happy when they do.
Genuinely I was startled by Mikes performances and excited at the prospect of him being a short term solution to our openside which has been a major source of our woes.

I rewatched the Treviso game on the basis of the conflicting reports of how he went and saw that he had a quiet first half but a good second half which was the same for the team overall.
I can only call things as I see them without prejudice and I did play enough on the flank to spot a tactical work avoidance technician (T.W.A.T).
Unfortunately I witnessed an almost cowardly performance from him the other night back to his old self.
Very disappointed.
Last edited by bazzaj on Sun Feb 22, 2015 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

If he's being played cos of Esportif then expect to see Boys v Scarlets. They can't afford for his worth to drop again :)
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

bazzaj wrote:Wtf is it with McComish?

Bazz.... McComish gets nowhere near the side as we rush to find emergency replacements around the globe then in he comes and puts in some more than decent displays.... unless mistaken between his top performance against Toulon and his rather less than stellar performance against Treviso he has signed for another club....
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

So its been suggested Cockers.
I just struggle to understand how you can take to a rugby field and not give your all especially when its your job.
McComish has played 39 times for Ulster which is a shed lot more than some of our later day legends have to their names.
People would give their eye teeth to play for the shirt.
I was happier when I just thought he was crap but I am now livid for seeing that he can play a bit yet he seems to choose not to bother.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Once a Knight wrote:Highlight reel worked. He'll enjoy France.
Who McComish?
If he has signed, it explains the return to below average form.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Who McComish?
Big Jeremy was apparently looking for back row player who is happy to turn out a few times a season and spend the other eleven months swanning around like Billy Bigballs.

MaCoooooooooooooomash is happy to double his salary and still not to have to bother much with rugby. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Who McComish?
Deal done after a few weeks in the shop window....
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Who McComish?
Big Jeremy was apparently looking for back row player who is happy to turn out a few times a season and spend the other eleven months swanning around like Billy Bigballs.

MaCoooooooooooooomash is happy to double his salary and still not to have to bother much with rugby. :roll:
If that's what he's looking for, he has struck gold. McComish ticks all the boxes when it comes to under achievement.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Massive rewrites for Gusher over the summer ...
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

big mervyn wrote:Massive rewrites for Gusher over the summer ...
He has some new material but it's getting old already... Gilroy being the first player to score a try at the new landsdown road being one.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Dave wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Massive rewrites for Gusher over the summer ...
He has some new material but it's getting old already... Gilroy being the first player to score a try at the new landsdown road being one.
Gusher expects 10 more years out of that one.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Is is on Groundsman duty this evening? does he even know that Aussie rules was played at Ravenhill...