When and What should the Band Play?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: When and What should the Band Play?

Post by Russ »

Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:Any chance of a bag pipe?

sent from my crozier

Nooooo! We're not in Edinburgh or Glasgae!
I do like a bag pipe though

sent from my crozier
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Maybe a rendition of "nearer my God to thee" when Sarries are sinking?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:
Russ wrote:Any chance of a bag pipe?

sent from my crozier

Nooooo! We're not in Edinburgh or Glasgae!
We have a damned good piper who puts in the occasional guest appearance at away trips especially.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Should we ever have a return to praper weather - 'For Those in Peril on the Sea'
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

FFS you see, URSC wants some suggestions but in true Alster fashion we descend into pure ballix :roll: .
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

What about individual themes for players -

That Pienaar song (adapted from our soccer friends) seems to be catching on.

BVB for Bowe
Simply the Rory
Here comes the Payne again
You are my candy girl
www.stoutboys.co.uk
VanTheMan
Novice

Post by VanTheMan »

+ 1 with the general sentiments. The band to play at appropriate times.

To widen the discussion - while first and foremost the focus must be on ensuring the increased capacity (finishing touches etc in my opinion can be put on hold until after the QF), I hope plans are at an advanced stage to
1. ensure the PA system throughout the ground is improved and fit for purpose. (I want Ravers to be rocking - take last year at Twickenham as a benchmark). Each time SUFTUM started the Saracens' techno people responded with their take on our song, effectively giving their 'day out' support increased volume and a trigger to try and drown out the combined voice of the Ulster Support.

2. Surely some techno gifted Ulster person could record the Ravenhill crowd singing SUFTUM and play on a loop at appropriate times to a) heighten the atmosphere b) get the crowd to join in & c) make Ravers sound as if there is 25k plus supporters.

3. Plans for some entertainment after the QF game to allow the travelling supporters experience a proper Rugby Ground with along and proud tradition. Previously I have experienced post match entertainment at Tigers, London Irish, Saints (After Milton Keynes at Franklin), the tent pitch side in Glasgow after a Celtic Cup game and the drummers / group at Scotstown last year in the HEC. On each occasion it wasn't rocket science but very effective and enjoyable. Even being on the losing side!. I also remember a few years ago a keyboard player in the scoop and a small band in the old car park beer tent. (it doesn't have to be Snow Patrol !! - lots of inexpensive bands are available trying to gain experience / widen their appeal).

4. Finally the bar facilities. Currently struggling at present to provide any sort of acceptable service, how will they manage with the increased capacity on a Saturday afternoon?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

1. ensure the PA system throughout the ground is improved and fit for purpose. (I want Ravers to be rocking - take last year at Twickenham as a benchmark). Each time SUFTUM started the Saracens' techno people responded with their take on our song, effectively giving their 'day out' support increased volume and a trigger to try and drown out the combined voice of the Ulster Support.

2. Surely some techno gifted Ulster person could record the Ravenhill crowd singing SUFTUM and play on a loop at appropriate times to a) heighten the atmosphere b) get the crowd to join in & c) make Ravers sound as if there is 25k plus supporters.
Do you want someone to drink your pint for you too?

Sure why don't they just send a few TV cameras to the game and you could sit at home and text in your support!

Drowning out opposition supporters by unnatural means is just bad manners, and playing crowd noise over the PA is cheating. Down with that sort of thing!
www.stoutboys.co.uk
eeyore
Initiate

Post by eeyore »

VanTheMan wrote:+ 1 with the general sentiments. The band to play at appropriate times.

Noooooooooooooo

4. Finally the bar facilities. Currently struggling at present to provide any sort of acceptable service, how will they manage with the increased capacity on a Saturday afternoon?
Yessssssssssssss
Wooohooo!! Only donkey left on the board
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:

Do you want someone to drink your pint for you too?

Sure why don't they just send a few TV cameras to the game and you could sit at home and text in your support!

Drowning out opposition supporters by unnatural means is just bad manners, and playing crowd noise over the PA is cheating. Down with that sort of thing!
Correct BR, sounds very .......................Saracenlike. Absolutely down with that so of thing.

Amusingly if they try a SUFTS they will incite there own drowning out by SUFTU. Up with that sort of thing.

As for our friend widening out the discussion, feck off & start your own thread pal, the Sec. of URSC has started this thread for a specific purpose, not for you to issue a wish list of personal gripes to be sorted, much as I have sympathy for some of your points. Just not here,OK? >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

So, in summary:

- the band are acceptable before the game, after the game and to a limited extent during.

- SUTFU ONLY during the game

- Nothing when a guy is wrecked, fine when its clear he won't die or when TC is frigging about with his lenses.

- No music at half-time, respect the nippers playing their big game.

DONE. >EW
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

VanTheMan wrote:4. Finally the bar facilities. Currently struggling at present to provide any sort of acceptable service, how will they manage with the increased capacity on a Saturday afternoon?
ehmmm .... by opening 4 more bars in the new stand?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
VanTheMan wrote:4. Finally the bar facilities. Currently struggling at present to provide any sort of acceptable service, how will they manage with the increased capacity on a Saturday afternoon?
they can't run the 5 (??) they already have - how will this help?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
they can't run the 5 (??) they already have - how will this help?
Hopefully (and I do mean hopefully), by spreading the load further, it will take the pressure off all of them and maybe (and I do mean maybe), they will be able to run them all better - even if the stout is still poor.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:So, in summary:

- the band are acceptable before the game, after the game and to a limited extent during.

- SUTFU ONLY during the game

- Nothing when a guy is wrecked, fine when its clear he won't die or when TC is frigging about with his lenses.

- No music at half-time, respect the nippers playing their big game.

DONE. >EW

Few wee bars of a suitable celebratory tune would be great for the nippers when they score.