Season Ticket Sales and future allocations

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Season Ticket Sales and future allocations

Post by BR »

A wee hypotheical discussion:

By all accounts there is significant interest in Season Tickets for 2014/15. Now if we have around 7k STs for 13/14 and they all renew and we add in a couple of thousand more next year.

All sounds good doesn't it?

Then say for sake of argument - we again finish first in the Pro12 table, dispatch the 4th placed side and are again entitled to a home final. Final at Ravenhill - Happy Days! But hang on - a season ticket can no longer guarantee a ticket.

So how should that be dealt with?

In Mexico they use a lottery, is that the fairest way?
Should existing ST holders be given priority over new ones? (am I just biased for thinking that is fair?)
Should it be fastest-finger-first free-for-all on Ticket Master?

Opinions?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Season Ticket Sales and future allocations

Post by BaggyTrousers »

In one respect, "roll on the day", however as far as I know we are just around the 5000 mark presently. Though a long time ST holder I would discount the seniority argument. I believe all ST holders are created equal.

Life's a lottery, probably the fairest way. Could always offer the Aviva or the RDS. :roll: :roll:

One thing is for certain. Not long ago the talk was of playing at a half-full stadium in a massive 18000 capacity. Now we are selling out 13-14000 for weakened teams. Maybe talk of higher capacity isn't too fanciful after all.

Maybe time they started working on filling in the corners. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:In one respect, "roll on the day", however as far as I know we are just around the 5000 mark presently. Though a long time ST holder I would discount the seniority argument. I believe all ST holders are created equal.

Life's a lottery, probably the fairest way. Could always offer the Aviva or the RDS. :roll: :roll:

One thing is for certain. Not long ago the talk was of playing at a half-full stadium in a massive 18000 capacity. Now we are selling out 13-14000 for weakened teams. Maybe talk of higher capacity isn't too fanciful after all.

Maybe time they started working on filling in the corners. >EW
We shoukd start lobbying Carol

sent from my crozier
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

On a related note, I read on the ERC site, that just 10k tkts will be SHARED by this seasons HEC finalists. Tight enough with approx 5k STs.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
OneMore
Warrior Chief

Post by OneMore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:... as far as I know we are just around the 5000 mark presently.
This was my immediate thought, that we were well short of the original estimate.

Though in a scenario where there were more ST holders than they could hand out home tickets I think it probably would come to a lottery. But still more questions than answers - it's conceivable that with the rule being '25% of each category of ticket must go to the opposition', there may be a scenario where the ST holders in the new main stand go into a ballot but Terrace dwellers would have enough to cover all the season ticket holders.

I don't know, maybe they'd just stick everyone in a ballot. Or maybe it'll move to more like the big soccer teams where you have to have attended some crappy games to qualify to apply for a ticket to a good game. Used more for cup games and the like.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:On a related note, I read on the ERC site, that just 10k tkts will be SHARED by this seasons HEC finalists. Tight enough with approx 5k STs.
Grow a pair and buy now.

Block L19 is where 7 Ulstermen will be stationed

sent from my crozier
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Russ wrote:
big mervyn wrote:On a related note, I read on the ERC site, that just 10k tkts will be SHARED by this seasons HEC finalists. Tight enough with approx 5k STs.
Grow a pair and buy now.

sent from my crozier
Did briefly consider it Russ, but 5k should be enough for all current STs that want one, and should guarantee a seat with most of the Ulster support.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

big mervyn wrote:
Russ wrote:
Grow a pair and buy now.

sent from my crozier
Did briefly consider it Russ, but 5k should be enough for all current STs that want one, and should guarantee a seat with most of the Ulster support.
There will be enough Munterchubes and ladyboys looking to offload anyway. That's where I reckon I will be able to snag a room from

sent from my crozier
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Anyone able to tell me how much a Season Ticket for East or West terrace might be next season?

Many thanks in anticipation.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

caledoniancelt wrote:Anyone able to tell me how much a Season Ticket for East or West terrace might be next season?

Many thanks in anticipation.
This year it was £230 for new STs and £210 for early renewals.

Hopefully no more than an inflationary increase, say £10? IMO they should consider freezing the price this year to ensure the new ground is as full as possible for ALL fixtures.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:In Could always offer the Aviva or the RDS. :roll: :roll:
The problem would probably only arise if we were hosting Leinster again (not sure anyone else would sell anywhere near their 8,000 odd quota for a Ravenhill final.

On the 7k ST figure - that came from another poster on this forum, who is normally well informed on such matters. May still be a liberal estimate, but the principal holds.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

In theory it should not matter if you're a 07 ST veteran or a 13/14 ST johnny come lately. It is those who have bought 50%+1th ticket that would be impacted by such a system.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

OneMore wrote:there may be a scenario where the ST holders in the new main stand go into a ballot but Terrace dwellers would have enough to cover all the season ticket holders.

I don't know, maybe they'd just stick everyone in a ballot.
Well as a ST holder who has committed to relocate back into the new stand, I wouldn't be very happy with that first suggestion. I doubt many in the same situation would, given that the majority of us had ST's in the old stand for just as long as terrace dwellers.

As Baggy says, all ST holders probably should be equals and that means if it came down to a lottery, as much as I don't like the idea, that appears to be the fairest and most equal way of doing things.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

WW have you already chosen your new seat for next year? Im just curious as next seasons ST will go on sale soon.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

LastKnightoftheproms wrote:I have previously stated that those who renewed for the 07/08 season should have priority. :lol:

Seriously, length of season ticket holding should determine these things. I appreciate the Johnny come lately's will dispute this but the 07/08 season was a test of character. :lol:
I challenge your 07/08 with the greatest fall from grace that was 99/00. You may have quantity, but quality of dross must trump that.