Cardiff Away

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Samstew
Squire

Re: Cardiff Away

Post by Samstew »

Does anyone think that there will be any chance of this game being switched to the Friday night?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:
ColinM wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cardiff accommodation for 23/24 May looks fairly booked up. Anyone any tips?
Anyone ever stayed in accommodation in nearby town/village close to a railway station?
Camping options? - campsite in middle of Cardiff booked out already.
:(
Bristol is more than doable. Stayed in the holiday in by the airport there the night after Saints/Leinster final. Most of the millenium stadium was on the last two trians out of town.

Your probably looking at £70-80 for a taxi if you dont get on the last train. Not bad so long as theres four in, and beats even contemplating going to any of the towns twixt Bristol and Cardiff.
Doing that means you miss out on the Caaaadifff slegs

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Probably worth £100 to miss the Caaaaadiffff slegs
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:
ColinM wrote:
HwoodMike2umate wrote:Cardiff accommodation for 23/24 May looks fairly booked up. Anyone any tips?
Anyone ever stayed in accommodation in nearby town/village close to a railway station?
Bristol is more than doable. Stayed in the holiday in by the airport there the night after Saints/Leinster final. Most of the millenium stadium was on the last two trians out of town.

Your probably looking at £70-80 for a taxi if you dont get on the last train. Not bad so long as theres four in, and beats even contemplating going to any of the towns twixt Bristol and Cardiff.
Doing that means you miss out on the Caaaadifff slegs

Probably worth £100 to miss the Caaaaadiffff slegs
They are a sight you should see once in your life. But like the zoo keep a safe distance

BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Samstew wrote:Does anyone think that there will be any chance of this game being switched to the Friday night?
The Cardiff game or the ERC final?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

BR wrote:
Samstew wrote:Does anyone think that there will be any chance of this game being switched to the Friday night?
The Cardiff game or the ERC final?
The Cardiff v Ulster game :lol:
Norwich are away to Swansea on the same Saturday afternoon, so if the Cardiff v Ulster game was switched to the Friday night, it would have been a nice double for the weekend!
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

we have stayed at the Glendale Hotel in Penarth, incidently the hotel was used in an episode of Gavn and Stacey!
We taxied into Cardiff, which wasn't too bad and there is also a train link with a 12 minute journey time.
Hope this helps :thumleft:
GMAC
Initiate

Post by GMAC »

H
Hush up yo mouth Samstew Don't be puttin ideas in their feckin heads. :banghead: I'm booked for Sat flight and hotel NON refundable :shock:
Post Tenebras Lux
Samstew
Squire

Post by Samstew »

GMAC wrote:H
Hush up yo mouth Samstew Don't be puttin ideas in their feckin heads. :banghead: I'm booked for Sat flight and hotel NON refundable :shock:
It looks like you will be okay GMAC.
I have just had a look on the Cardiff Blues website and they have the game down for Saturday 29th March, KO 18:30.
I'll be taking a drive over early Saturday morning :D