Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 34 users online :: 10 registered, 0 hidden and 24 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, big mervyn, Bing [Bot], Dave, for dog and ulcer, Google [Bot], kipper, richardt84, SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657949
Total topics 19120
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

The Brass Band

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • Not rated
  

The Brass Band what's the fans views

Good Idea
31
54%
Bad idea
3
5%
Stupid Idea
1
2%
Get rid of it we are not Belfast Giants(Fiona )
8
14%
Lambegs please
9
16%
I couldn't give a tinkers fook
5
9%
 
Total votes : 57

Re: The Brass Band

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:04 pm

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)


Actually BR, I reckon he has been on this forum, more or less since the start, of the 2 of us, I'm the blow-in, even in one or two of my previous existences. >EW


I have no doubt about his credentials on this forum - it was his history of attendance at Ravenhill I was questioning ;)


Just bluffing, you saw him then. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30154
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: The Brass Band

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:11 pm

AyeYerMa wrote:Have they released the gate for Friday?


I hadn't realised the old Prom was so damn small, the new superdooper Prom is too big for them. :shock: :shock: :shock:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30154
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: The Brass Band

Postby BR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:36 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)


Actually BR, I reckon he has been on this forum, more or less since the start, of the 2 of us, I'm the blow-in, even in one or two of my previous existences. >EW


I have no doubt about his credentials on this forum - it was his history of attendance at Ravenhill I was questioning ;)


Just bluffing, you saw him then. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Nah - I missed him, but I had been looking out for him. So long as he was in safe hands. :stout:
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: The Brass Band

Postby DavyG » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:54 pm

AyeYerMa wrote:Have they released the gate for Friday?


10,693 :fleg:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
User avatar
DavyG
Steward
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:40 pm
Location: The other side of the Glenshane

Re: The Brass Band

Postby fermain » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:47 pm

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)


Actually BR, I reckon he has been on this forum, more or less since the start, of the 2 of us, I'm the blow-in, even in one or two of my previous existences. >EW


I have no doubt about his credentials on this forum - it was his history of attendance at Ravenhill I was questioning ;)


Just bluffing, you saw him then. :lol: :lol: :lol:


Nah - I missed him, but I had been looking out for him. So long as he was in safe hands. :stout:

maybe the blow in, in question was simply applying his tremendous singing/chanting AWAY form to the otherwise dull and UN-inspirational home game which lacked in atmosphere... and singing, except for the english stylee brass band. >seeya
:red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red: :red:
Save lives, become an organ donor!!
User avatar
fermain
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 12255
Images: 33
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:09 am
Location: Beer garden

Re: The Brass Band

Postby BR » Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:53 pm

Could be. Or maybe he was a Gatland, ;)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: The Brass Band

Postby pwrmoore » Tue Oct 01, 2013 1:48 pm

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:An atmosphere as dull as ditch water, though it often is when we look comfortable & the opposition aren't threatening to humiliate us.

We may need to put an ad in the Belelaugh for some Gulderers, then again, as I've said before, be careful what you wish for.



While I personally was watching the rugby rathe than monitoring the atmosphere ;) - I didn't think it was too bad. Good noise on opposition line-outs. I think the crowd can take credit for at least one free-kick. Did I hear a redition of "Are you Rory in disguise?" Good noise for some of the prolonged defensive efforts too. It's not Ravenhill, but it's getting there.

Just a hunch, but perhaps the regular poster here is actually a blow in and not that familiar with the way we do things at Ravenhill. ;)


Perhaps next time the blow-in could visit the new reduced prom where the atmosphere was generally excellent and the beer/stout was even better as it was uncontaminated by proximity to those louts on the Terrace. I might even provide him with some beer/stout and someone who can speak his particular lingo to aid translation.

BT the capacity of the Prom prior to redevelopment was approx 3,000 so I think the new improved version will be increased in size as well has having a better rake for the shortarses. AND it sounds like we will have the benefit of additional space for most of this season due the the current limitations imposed byt he H&S folks during the re-building work.

BR having now been onthe New improved rear-loading terrace and the new-prom i'd say you have wider walkways on the terrace side though I think we will eventually have a third egress point through the tunnel at the half way line. Currently we have one narrowish stairway at each end which is a bit of a pain.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11660
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: The Brass Band

Postby BR » Tue Oct 01, 2013 5:44 pm

I think you are due to have 2 or 4 egress points under the new stand (that's why I thought the walkways may be allowed to be narrower)
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: The Brass Band

Postby pwrmoore » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:48 pm

BR wrote:I think you are due to have 2 or 4 egress points under the new stand (that's why I thought the walkways may be allowed to be narrower)


That makes sense now that I think about it BR. I can't see us going forwards and through the tunnel So they'd have to be from the back of the prom. I'll look more closely at the back wall at the next match to see if there are gaps there.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11660
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: The Brass Band

Postby Rooster » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:15 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
BR wrote:I think you are due to have 2 or 4 egress points under the new stand (that's why I thought the walkways may be allowed to be narrower)


That makes sense now that I think about it BR. I can't see us going forwards and through the tunnel So they'd have to be from the back of the prom. I'll look more closely at the back wall at the next match to see if there are gaps there.

Probably similar to the access to Memorial terrace ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39846
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: The Brass Band

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Tue Oct 01, 2013 7:56 pm

pwrmoore wrote:[Perhaps next time the blow-in could visit the new reduced prom where the atmosphere was generally excellent and the beer/stout was even better as it was uncontaminated by proximity to those louts on the Terrace.

............... the capacity of the Prom prior to redevelopment was approx 3,000 so I think the new improved version will be increased in size as well has having a better rake for the shortarses.

Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13131
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: The Brass Band

Postby DavyG » Tue Oct 01, 2013 8:25 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:


Cap'n - are you considering a move? :duck:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
User avatar
DavyG
Steward
 
Posts: 831
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:40 pm
Location: The other side of the Glenshane

Re: The Brass Band

Postby pwrmoore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:30 am

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:[Perhaps next time the blow-in could visit the new reduced prom where the atmosphere was generally excellent and the beer/stout was even better as it was uncontaminated by proximity to those louts on the Terrace.

............... the capacity of the Prom prior to redevelopment was approx 3,000 so I think the new improved version will be increased in size as well has having a better rake for the shortarses.

Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:



We will begin vetting applications from Terrace dwellers from Easter next year Grumps. I can't promise you a fair hearing >EW
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11660
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: The Brass Band

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:05 pm

DavyG wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Room for a few louts from the terrace to join you then, when it's finished :lol:


Cap'n - are you considering a move? :duck:

Certainly not - One does have standards old boy, one does have standards ...

... low standards, byt nevertheless, they are standards...

... and don't even consider bringing bedsheets into this!
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13131
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: The Brass Band

Postby Jackie Brown » Fri Oct 11, 2013 10:58 am

I have a Bodhran, should I bring it along tonight?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 4
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
User avatar
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10703
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 1:15 pm
Location: Carrickfergus

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to Stand Up fer the Ulstermen

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->