Ask Shane Logan

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ask Shane Logan

Post by damianmcr »

Any feedback folks?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

eeyore wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:
eeyore wrote:Can non-members attend?
Guess the answer, G'wan what do you think :roll:
Lost interest now after retiring early with a heavily laced vodka and tonic in the sunshine

What your over 18
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bank holidays always throw me, forgot about it and had a busy night walking dogs around Ballymacormick Point.

Probably just as well, I'd have hated to be swept into power by the popular vote only to be found out by not having a coherent policy on immigration.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Did anyone ask Shane Logan if he's actually tasted the stout on offer from the beer tents?

I know we gurn about it, but IF as he has said, he wants to take the Ravenhill Friday night experience to the next level, there needs to be some QA done on what Laverys are throwing out over the counter. Speaking to their staff, I'm told the stack them high (literally) and sell them cheap (not so literally) principle is being used. This is somewhat at odds with Shane's plans for world domination.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I visiting fan once harangued Shane and said "Have you got stout here".

The Fit man replied "Don't be so cheeky, I was this size when I arrived."
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:Did anyone ask Shane Logan if he's actually tasted the stout on offer from the beer tents?
I know we gurn about it, but IF as he has said, he wants to take the Ravenhill Friday night experience to the next level, there needs to be some QA done on what Laverys are throwing out over the counter. Speaking to their staff, I'm told the stack them high (literally) and sell them cheap (not so literally) principle is being used. This is somewhat at odds with Shane's plans for world domination.
Must say the bar staff in the Scoop pour the stout same as you would get in a pub and it is fine, beer tent though probably has kegs just dropped in that day and bounced around so would never be great.
Last edited by Rooster on Wed May 08, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

I find the problem is the plastic lids they insist on placing on the 'glass' When you remove it most of the head comes off at the same time. I've taken to asking for a freshly poured pint without a lid and take my chances on spilling some.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Does it really matter what you do to pasteurized mass produced keg beers other than keep them at the right temp. It's all flat as a pancake and microbiologically dead as a dodo - just inject them with a bit of CO2 and serve them up.

Different when beers where living things.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

colind wrote:I find the problem is the plastic lids they insist on placing on the 'glass' When you remove it most of the head comes off at the same time. I've taken to asking for a freshly poured pint without a lid and take my chances on spilling some.
In my campaign for drinkers rights I usually receive a foursome of pints and then insist the young lady removes the lids systematically as I pass them to fellow drinkers one at a time. Quite a charming young lady last friday who was baffled when I asked for stout? Not a lulu what it was, her immediate colleagues on each side of her were none then wiser either, they seemed to think it was called Murphys. :shock:

At least unlike every other servant in the country they don't ask "do you have a nectar card?"
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
colind wrote:I find the problem is the plastic lids they insist on placing on the 'glass' When you remove it most of the head comes off at the same time. I've taken to asking for a freshly poured pint without a lid and take my chances on spilling some.
In my campaign for drinkers rights I usually receive a foursome of pints and then insist the young lady removes the lids systematically as I pass them to fellow drinkers one at a time.
Agreed Colin - the McLidsTM are a huge part of the problem. Talking to some of the staff, they are told they need to put them on in order to stack the pints. Nobody seems to have the nuts to point out to management that they also ruin the pints.

Baggy - I don't even accept the pint if they've put a McLidTM on it in the first place, I ask for a fresh one (..or two ... or ...)
At least unlike every other servant in the country they don't ask "do you have a nectar card?"

Am I the only person in the country who has only ever had one size of credit card, etc - for some reason I am always asked to put my wee card in.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Mr Frosty
Initiate

Post by Mr Frosty »

Did they state that they would run away trips to all games next year or after the connacht fiasco are they keeping quiet on such promises?
Till youve tasted Frosty's you don't know jack
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Am I the only person in the country who has only ever had one size of credit card, etc - for some reason I am always asked to put my wee card in.
Tesco do a "wee card"

Big Neville Southall
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

Did Shane turn up, are the wee buns better than the hot wings, who got dumped from the committee, what happened to bus trips, god I wish I had went now
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Any word on bus trips to Connacht next season?

Twas a sunny evening so passed on the AGM and instead drank in me veggie patch and got all sweaty.
Any report to follow?
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
URSC Secretary
Initiate

Post by URSC Secretary »

To Holywood & Son

There will be bus trips to Leinster, Connacht & Munster matches - where there is sufficient demand - single figure numbers is not sufficient demand. At the end of the Dragons match there were 6 names on our list for the bus to Connacht. Decision was taken not to run the bus on the Monday thereafter and the 6 on list contacted individually to explain. Junior may call this a fiasco, I prefer to call it pragmatism. We owe it to all our members not to lose the guts of £500 on a bus trip. Believe me as a regular away tripper I would love to run a bus to all these games.

The AGM gives you the chance to raise these issues formally and in person and of course become a member of the Committee where you could influence these decisions. Some took the opportunity to come along... Others preferred their allotments.

To Kofi

Yes, the Fit Controller did appear and answered questions for over an hour.....and whilst I know he is not your favourite cup of tea (or should that be coffee?), his stewardship has brought us genuinely world class players (John Afoa v big Joe, Ruan Pienaar v Brad Free, Johann Muller v Rowan Frost, Jared Payne v Grant Henderson) and a stadium fit for them and us. He was however very honest about the ticketing for the play off semi final - not good enough - and apologised accordingly.

None of the Committee were deposed...although there was a hint of new blood. I should point out again that the Committee would very much welcome new members on t'committee.

Finally Kofi, I know you have many other business and rugby commitments, but can I respectfully suggest you made an error of judgement in not attending the AGM simply for the spread.....chicken wings are so 2008....home made cup cakes, home made lemon muffins, home made tray bakes and home made shortbread.....well it is the Ulster Way.....
Visit our web site:

http://www.ursc.co