Connacht v's Ulster 19th April

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Connacht v's Ulster 19th April

Post by Wee Woman »

Seeing as we're not getting a trip or two to Dublin now :(, I'm considering taking my first ever trip to Galway.

I know the URSC usually lay on a bus for this but do any of you know roughly what time it would be leaving Belfast? I think it's a 1945 kick off.

Failing that, how long does it take to drive out there? Is it a a good spot for an overnighter?
namron
Warrior Chief

Re: Connacht v's Ulster 19th April

Post by namron »

Yes yes yes Go to Galway and stay the night its a great away trip!
We dont need the English to win the European Cup
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'm planning to go - am assuming the URSC bus will be running.

I planned to go anyway, irrespective of heiny matches on the basis that there are only 3 (regulation) league matches left, so may as well make the most of them, but also we're now into the final stages where we need 3 wins to get us that home semi and possibly a home final, and the boys will need all the support we can give them ........ so .....

..... if you can afford it, can take a day off work (if needed) let's get as many people down to Galway as possible ..... plus, it's a good trip and a nice wee ground.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
cardoc
Novice

Post by cardoc »

Wee Woman wrote:Seeing as we're not getting a trip or two to Dublin now :(, I'm considering taking my first ever trip to Galway.

I know the URSC usually lay on a bus for this but do any of you know roughly what time it would be leaving Belfast? I think it's a 1945 kick off.

Failing that, how long does it take to drive out there? Is it a a good spot for an overnighter?
From Belfast WW the road trip can be completed in less than 4 hours after the roundabout at Hillsborough dual carriageway to Newry and tyhen motorway all the way to Galway. you will have toll plaza on the M1, M50 and 2 more on the section to Galway ( I cant remember the road number, possibly M6)

I'm going with 3 passengers and tickets bought
for dog and ulcer
Lord Chancellor

Post by for dog and ulcer »

Very friendly folk down there. Thoroughly recommended.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Details of URSC bus trip on URSC website now, for those wanting travel that way. For details click HERE
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

Go for it missus...80 mins with big Nick...you know you'll enjoy it. >EW :D
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Thanks guys, I'm still looking into whether we can manage this but if we do go its likely to be an overnighter (with my husband Browner ;) lol).

Any recommendations on a good spot to stay in Galway? Not looking anything flash, just somewhere to put our heads down for the night after a few beers then travel home at our leisure on the Sat.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Wee Woman wrote:Thanks guys, I'm still looking into whether we can manage this but if we do go its likely to be an overnighter (with my husband Browner ;) lol).

Any recommendations on a good spot to stay in Galway? Not looking anything flash, just somewhere to put our heads down for the night after a few beers then travel home at our leisure on the Sat.
Try one of the B&B's just up the road from the Sportsground
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor
Location: Globe Vienna crashed and burned...Giant TCR SL2 rising from the ashes.

Post by browner »

I can recommend this place W/Woman...http://collegecrest.com/

Ticks all the boxes...and it's a short walk into to city centre and a hop and a skip to the Sportsground.
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

browner wrote:I can recommend this place W/Woman...http://collegecrest.com/

Ticks all the boxes...and it's a short walk into to city centre and a hop and a skip to the Sportsground.
Not really Browner as they are already booked out !
Nice place though :thumleft:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
browner
Lord Chancellor

Post by browner »

Booked out!

Then there's no higher recommendation than that!
Stand up for PICU R.V.H.
ayepod
Initiate

Post by ayepod »

Am staying at the Jurys in town, looking forward to my first trip to the West for what should be a big game for us. They will be angry we have reduced their chances of H Cup next year!
colind
Squire

Post by colind »

Thinking of heading down next Friday on Supporters Club bus.
Can someone please advise if seats are still available or have I left it too late (2 seats required)*

* and no I haven't got a big a**e before someone asks
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor

Post by HwoodMike2umate »

Heading down with Junior on the bus so hopefully Bus tickets available at the URSC section tomorrow night @ Ravenhill.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh