Ulster Travel partner

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Travel partner

Post by nonplussed »

Flying in on sat morning and out Sunday night for 60 notes and staying at friends. Wee buns
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

AzP is a couple of miles from tube and br station. Shuttle busses to be provided.

Another factor in choosing DIY v tour is the number in your party. For example we currently have 4 ex Belfast. That's ideal for care hire, taxis, group train tix, etc. With our track record of plans falling through and relying on a taxi, it's not the end of the world splitting a 100 eur fare 4 ways; different if its just yourself.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:AzP is a couple of miles from tube and br station. Shuttle busses to be provided.

Another factor in choosing DIY v tour is the number in your party. For example we currently have 4 ex Belfast. That's ideal for care hire, taxis, group train tix, etc. With our track record of plans falling through and relying on a taxi, it's not the end of the world splitting a 100 eur fare 4 ways; different if its just yourself.
That's what it really boils down to BR and at best you can save about 50 on the one night job when you count all up and for those not great at finding their way around somewhere like London that 50 could very easily get eaten up even picking a hotel 10 cheaper than another can work out more expensive when you add travel, round London a taxi for 4 or 5 can work out cheaper than public transport
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

You have to admire Saracens. Couldn't have been easy finding a ground in London that was a 40 minute walk from the nearest tube station >appl
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

big mervyn wrote:You have to admire Saracens. Couldn't have been easy finding a ground in London that was a 40 minute walk from the nearest tube station >appl
To be fair the train was about 100 yds from the ground, until they dug it up in the 70s
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
big mervyn wrote:You have to admire Saracens. Couldn't have been easy finding a ground in London that was a 40 minute walk from the nearest tube station >appl
To be fair the train was about 100 yds from the ground, until they dug it up in the 70s
Probably there then when they were originally looking for planning permission :lol:
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Was speaking to a mate who tried to book with the travel company - the 1 and 2 night trips have both sold out already. The company talking about putting on a 1 night trip through Dublin. The same day trips still available. People seem to like the convenience factor of having someone else do the leg work.
AyeYerMa
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by AyeYerMa »

If I'd been going, I'd probably have used them. Gets rid of the issue of where it's actually played as they cover transfers.

I costed what I spent getting to/from Northampton in December and I think I saved about twenty quid over what Killester were charging for their trip, if that.

If they maintain the same price point in future, and provided I've no pressing reason to want to be flexible, I'd be very tempted just to chuck in the extra few quid and let someone else sort my life out for me.
I came for my woman, he came with a razor blade,
Bound like us all for the ocean
FRB
Initiate

Post by FRB »

Booked the day trip with them today. Transfers the major factor as FRB Senior finds London and the public transport a bit of a strain. The overnight packages looked good I thought Flights, transfers adn hotel B&B for just over £200 each I thought was pretty reasonable. Roll on a great day! :red: :fleg:
srsb999
Novice

Post by srsb999 »

Anyone know what hotel Killester have arranged for the one nighter? I'm booked on it with a mate, my little bro lives in Glasgow and is looking to book room in same hotel (or if no rooms left will be bringing sleeping bag and crashing on our floor). I sent them an email on Thursday, but no reply yet.

And re the value / poor value of package v diy - I haven't ever done the package before but have always gone diy route. However I reckon £210 is prettyy good value, on the basis of hassle more than anything else. Has anyone ever tried to get across London on a Sunday using trains or tubes? Makes our illustrious Translink look like the Singapore Metro. Every tube line will probably be down at various times for maintenance. And getting from Travellodge Twickenham to Gatwick or Stansted isn't as straightforward as Lisburn to City Airport......small, far away in the words of Father Ted :)

And flights have started to go skyrocket - Aer Lingus now over £220 for Sat / Sun return. Glad I booked package early.
firebell53
Novice

Post by firebell53 »

booked on thursday, return flights bristol,car hire for 2 days and 1 night b&b at premier inn all for the sum of £300 for two people. Not a bad price?
Rovi Snave
Warrior

Post by Rovi Snave »

srsb999 wrote:Anyone know what hotel Killester have arranged for the one nighter? I'm booked on it with a mate, my little bro lives in Glasgow and is looking to book room in same hotel (or if no rooms left will be bringing sleeping bag and crashing on our floor). I sent them an email on Thursday, but no reply yet.

And re the value / poor value of package v diy - I haven't ever done the package before but have always gone diy route. However I reckon £210 is prettyy good value, on the basis of hassle more than anything else. Has anyone ever tried to get across London on a Sunday using trains or tubes? Makes our illustrious Translink look like the Singapore Metro. Every tube line will probably be down at various times for maintenance. And getting from Travellodge Twickenham to Gatwick or Stansted isn't as straightforward as Lisburn to City Airport......small, far away in the words of Father Ted :)

And flights have started to go skyrocket - Aer Lingus now over £220 for Sat / Sun return. Glad I booked package early.
Depends what you paid - see below - hope this helps: :salut:

3* Premier Inn Kew (or similiar) £145 BB pps plus tax £65
4* Hilton Paddington (or similiar) £160 BB pps plus tax £65
Finished
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Rovi Snave wrote:
srsb999 wrote:Anyone know what hotel Killester have arranged for the one nighter? I'm booked on it with a mate, my little bro lives in Glasgow and is looking to book room in same hotel (or if no rooms left will be bringing sleeping bag and crashing on our floor). I sent them an email on Thursday, but no reply yet.

Depends what you paid - see below - hope this helps: :salut:

3* Premier Inn Kew (or similiar) £145 BB pps plus tax £65
4* Hilton Paddington (or similiar) £160 BB pps plus tax £65
The key clause in that is (or similar) hence you need to wait for a reply from Killester
Rory Best
Big Nose
Novice

Post by Big Nose »

Email from Killester wrote:ULSTER RUGBY TEAM FLIGHT
PACKAGE 2: 1 NIGHT STAY FRI TO SAT (EX BEL INT) FROM £310 PLUS TAX £65

HOTEL OPTIONS
3* Premier Inn (or similiar) £310 BB pps plus tax £65
4* Hotel Kingston Arms (or similiar) £340 BB pps plus tax £65

*Flights to Gatwick dep Belfast Int Apt Fri 5th April at 14:00 return dep Sat 6th at 20:00
I'm hoping those timings are wrong - wouldn't like the team to leave before the end of the match!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Also emailed Killester travel about the hotel for the 1 night trip which I am also on. Got a reply that they are over in London this week checking the hotels for all the packages - so confirmation should be either this week or next week.

Typo on the team flight thing there - flight leaves at 10:30pm on the Sat night (On UR site).