A story and question about Paris

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

Eggs
Warrior Chief

A story and question about Paris

Post by Eggs »

So, a family wedding in South Africa coming up, great methinks a fun week away, find the cheapest flights and we are sorted.... big problem, several options but basically have to fly out on the 12th November, quick look at the calendar and my fears are realised... It's the day of the home game v Clermont game, and I need to fly out by 2 at the latest, so I'm sunk, won't be able to go, and not even watch it on tv.

But then again, there's one other option For the flight, but it leaves even earlier, 7am, but essentially it's wi Air France and has a 14 hr stop over in Paris! So a quick chat to SWMBO, and I explain that there is a way to combine the trip with an afternoon in Paris, how romantic and she has never been, brownie points in the bag, flight booked

Now as we all know, the real reason is to find a pub showing the match!! So has anyone of our educated travellers partaken in a beverage or two whilst watching rugby in Paris? Does anyone know of somewhere that would be screening it? Feel Paris is a bit big to be wandering around listening at pub doors for the tones of 'stand up...' !!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: A story and question about Paris

Post by BR »

It'll depend if it's being shown on French TV or just Sky. You'll also not want to be going too far off the beaten track. I can think of one or two places, but may be out of date. I'll talk to some people...
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
DavyG
Steward

Post by DavyG »

You could try Quigleys Bar, 5 Rue du Jour, 75001 Paris, owned by Derry man Jack Quigley. I think it is a it's a football bar as it was used by the Derry City fans when they played PSG. but may be willing to show the game.

I have been it several times, even does a reasonable pint of the black stuff.

http://www.quigleys-point.com/

:salut: :red:
"We are on a Journey.......Don't Stop Believin"....
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Many thanks, will keep Quigleys in mind, though annoyingly no email address to ask them! :shock:

Would like to have somewhere confirmed showing it so in can beeline it there, rumour is Paris is quite big!
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

LKATP, Rugby is culture; the rest is just mamby pamby!
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
darkside lightside
Lord Chancellor

Post by darkside lightside »

I'd say Kitty O'Shea's, 10 rue des Capucines should be showing it - that's where the Irish team used to head sometimes after France matches.. from CdeG it's easy to get to, RER B to Chatelet, walk across the platform to RER A to Auber, and it's 2 mins away.. I think you can email them to ask if they're showing it - also the missus can head up to Galeries Lafayette and Printemps on bvd Haussmann which will take her out of action all day!!
[The Artist Formerly Known as Caolan]

On a long enough timeline, the survival rate for everyone drops to zero - Tyler Durden
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

There is a Scottish bar near where I live called "the Auld Alliance" rue François Miron, near métro station Saint Paul. Ask for Davy or Dezz, the bar managers, and they'll tell you if they are showing the game. They have eight screens and eight boxes so they show Sky, Eurosport or Settanta games on a regular basis.

Vast choice of Whiskies. All details on http://theauldalliance.com/ :thumright:
tigerburnie
Warrior

Post by tigerburnie »

Ze Stade,if you're on here and me as well,who's on the Tigers one then?
Ze Stade Fan
Novice

Post by Ze Stade Fan »

I am a faithful poster on Leicester Tigers' forum ! :wink:
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Thanks for all the help lads, got it sorted, Kitty Osheas it is so a quick jaunt up the eiffel tower then off to watch the match. Gutted I'm not there!

SUFTUM