TV coverage 18/19 - Is it on TV?

Get together, pool resources, share information on everything from trips to meeting places and social arrangements.

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: TV coverage 18/19 - Is it on TV?

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:BR, I'm just on 10Mb internet here
Just!
Really? Thought that was pedestrian these days. :shock: :shock: :shock: I've been offered 100Mb fibre but they want an extra €49 pm and the 10Mb which is free to residents seems ok.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Just!
Really? Thought that was pedestrian these days. :shock: :shock: :shock: I've been offered 100Mb fibre but they want an extra €49 pm and the 10Mb which is free to residents seems ok.
Oh to be a pedestrian!
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
Just!
Oh to be a pedestrian!
Do you live in the arsehole of nowhere? I'm amazed 10Mb is envied. :scratch: I suppose it's all down to me having been a city slicker all my days. If that's fast I assume you are as much of a bogman as Shan. :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

I live in a rural location (within 15 miles of Belfast), but there's 'superfast' fibre within a mile of my house - just not the direction the line is strung to my local exchange.

Currently getting precisely 0Mb/s.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:I live in a rural location (within 15 miles of Belfast), but there's 'superfast' fibre within a mile of my house - just not the direction the line is strung to my local exchange.

They have put some overhead fibre conne tions in round here BR to those too far away, seems like a mini version of the green box on a pole and it can then feed a few houses via the copper connection, think it was a trial to begin with but they have been running for 2 years now
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:I live in a rural location (within 15 miles of Belfast), but there's 'superfast' fibre within a mile of my house - just not the direction the line is strung to my local exchange.

They have put some overhead fibre conne tions in round here BR to those too far away, seems like a mini version of the green box on a pole and it can then feed a few houses via the copper connection, think it was a trial to begin with but they have been running for 2 years now
Yes, relatives have that near here. They had to argue to get it. BT denied it existed, despite them telling them they had a pole at the end of their garden with fibre running on it.

Problem here is we only have about 4 more properties on the last 1/2 mile of line. After that there's plenty of fibre, but it comes in from the other direction.

I remember you having all sorts of fun back in the day with your al lines. Ours are just old copper running along maze of country roads.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Yes, relatives have that near here. They had to argue to get it. BT denied it existed, despite them telling them they had a pole at the end of their garden with fibre running on it.

Problem here is we only have about 4 more properties on the last 1/2 mile of line. After that there's plenty of fibre, but it comes in from the other direction.

I remember you having all sorts of fun back in the day with your al lines. Ours are just old copper running along maze of country roads.
That was the way we were, shortest distance to exchange was 4 miles but we had 17 to get to us, once the stopped dial up we had nothing, then satellite came and it was ok until they let thousands onto it and it died, next thing we knew we had a green box at the main road and 50 mbps ftcc. House after us was fed from other end and they then ran fibre in 2 miles of side road to feed 6 houses from 2 of the mini boxes, mind you the road after them has 8 houses in half a mile but they are either satellite or wireless as only options, I could never understand why BT don't put a wireless tower on some of the green boxes and feed it out that way. It is only line of site but I can lift a connection from over 40km away with very little loss of speed, it was done as a test by a wireless firm one day this summer.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

More money to be made getting people from 20Mb/s to 50 Mb/s than getting people from 1 to 8 Mb/s
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:More money to be made getting people from 20Mb/s to 50 Mb/s than getting people from 1 to 8 Mb/s
In the cases around here it was 0 Mb/s to 50 Mb/s
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Rooster wrote:
BR wrote:More money to be made getting people from 20Mb/s to 50 Mb/s than getting people from 1 to 8 Mb/s

Proof positive that even an Armagh yokel can get speeds that make mine pedestrian . :lol: Clearly BR, you and you neighbours don’t have sufficient pester power unlike the Armacians.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Proof positive that even an Armagh yokel can get speeds that make mine pedestrian . Image Clearly BR, you and you neighbours don’t have sufficient pester power unlike the Armacians.
But going from 0Mb/s to 1Mb/s you become a customer and there's money to be made. Going from 1Mb/s to 8Mb/s (realistically, probably as far as 20 Mb/s) you are not generating any additional revenue for your investment.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes, I understand your dilemma I was being flippant, poor taste.