Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 20 users online :: 9 registered, 0 hidden and 11 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Aird, Araman, Bing [Bot], Dave, Google [Bot], Lurgan Lad, Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657968
Total topics 19120
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

Birthdays

Congratulations to: Setanta (68)

Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby big mervyn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 pm

There's a quare lot of available seats.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10658
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:54 pm

Who is profiting from this?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18597
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby big mervyn » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:02 pm

Dave wrote:Who is profiting from this?

By the look of it, nobody :lol:

I suppose if UR have rented the place out for a fixed price, they are the winners.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
User avatar
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10658
Images: 8
Joined: Fri May 09, 2008 2:22 pm
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Dave » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:03 pm

big mervyn wrote:
Dave wrote:Who is profiting from this?

By the look of it, nobody

I suppose if UR have rented the place out for a fixed price, they are the winners.
That's irish rugby for you.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18597
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Rooster » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:08 pm

big mervyn wrote:There's a quare lot of available seats.
By the look of that there were more at last year's Towns Cup final
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39849
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby HwoodMike2umate » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:57 pm

For once I don't blame TB. This time I blame Sir Philip Green.
http://www.cryptome.org/

Klaatu barada nikto

Nollaig Shona Daoibh
User avatar
HwoodMike2umate
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 5521
Joined: Tue Jun 21, 2005 4:31 pm
Location: holywood (or glasgow)

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Cockatrice » Fri Nov 02, 2018 6:32 pm

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Tender wrote:Good call Merv, rather than rip us off they should have included it in the season ticket. I hope the Thundercunt Committee have noted it.


Thought the same myself, however turns out Ulster rugby is not running this event, Ravenhill stadium is being hired by a 3rd party who are selling the tickets.

Gave me a right chuckle.


Who is running it then? And how does one book an Ulster Rugby team for a match... heard this being described as a joke and that players are having to be pulled off holidays to try and put a team together... this is close to being a joke beyond a joke and clearly has been in the pipe line for sometime... I am told UR stand to lose thousands and if a proper businesss people would lose their job.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby UlsterNo9 » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:24 pm

Cockatrice wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Tender wrote:Good call Merv, rather than rip us off they should have included it in the season ticket. I hope the Thundercunt Committee have noted it.


Thought the same myself, however turns out Ulster rugby is not running this event, Ravenhill stadium is being hired by a 3rd party who are selling the tickets.

Gave me a right chuckle.


Who is running it then? And how does one book an Ulster Rugby team for a match... heard this being described as a joke and that players are having to be pulled off holidays to try and put a team together... this is close to being a joke beyond a joke and clearly has been in the pipe line for sometime... I am told UR stand to lose thousands and if a proper businesss people would lose their job.


That's as much as I know.

UR have no say over tickets.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3481
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby waggonsroll » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:02 pm

I seem to recall that season ticket holders received an email quite a time ago offering reduced price tickets. If this match is not being organised by U R, who has been provided with our contact details without our consent?

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
User avatar
waggonsroll
Novice
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Aird » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:47 am

Can't understand all the ranting over this fixture, it has been known about before the season commenced, indeed Season ticket holders were offered the chance to buy tickets early before general sale. These sorts of matches have never been part of season tickets, just the same as quarter or semi final are not. The players would also have known about this game. And as it is during he A I's even those on the fringe would have known that they were liable to be needed so shouldn't have booked holidays away.
You either want to go to it and pay for a ticket or else you stay away.
Personally I had originally opted to go on holidays as Ulster had no significant games during this period, but have had to cancel for other reasons. Still very unlikely to attend even as ST holder.
User avatar
Aird
Initiate
 
Posts: 489
Joined: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:29 pm

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Aird wrote:Can't understand all the ranting over this fixture, it has been known about before the season commenced, indeed Season ticket holders were offered the chance to buy tickets early before general sale.

Knowing about it for a long time doesn't mean you can't still have an opinion on it.

Aird wrote:These sorts of matches have never been part of season tickets, just the same as quarter or semi final are not.

True, but past performance is no guarantee of future results. Everything that has ever happened, happened for the first time at some stage.

NB, I'm not persuaded either way, but uphold my fellow posters' right to "rant" if they so desire.

Don't know the ins and outs of "whose fixture this is", but possibly (and just possibly) this is one that could have been offered to season ticket holders instead of, or as an option for, another ticket to make up for the reduced number of home matches this season. That would at least have allowed the actual ticket holder to have some personal benefit rather than bringing a friend, and at least might have offered a choice.
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13131
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby bangorboy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:18 pm

Who is running this match?

How do you ‘rent’ an Ulster team?

If it is a third party running it why is there no mention of it anywhere? Sure for legal purposes, like a concert or boxing match the promoters name has to be displayed?

It’s exactly this sort of obfuscation and bull crap that puts me off buying a ST for next year. Just bloody tell us UR!
Nevin Spence - Forever an Ulsterman
User avatar
bangorboy
Steward
 
Posts: 932
Joined: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:17 pm

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:35 pm

In the absence of any other information given that it is advertised by Ulster Rugby and billed as Ulster Rugby v Uruguay I can only assume this match is 100% being hosted by and run by Ulster Branch, IRFU.

If there are any other facts* (as opposed to speculation and rumour) to contradict this, please post them.

* Yes, I know this site usually operates on rumour and innuendo, and that facts facts are like hens' teeth
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13131
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:38 pm

waggonsroll wrote:I seem to recall that season ticket holders received an email quite a time ago offering reduced price tickets. If this match is not being organised by U R, who has been provided with our contact details without our consent?

The email came from UR (or was it TM?), so I see no reason to suspect our data has been passed to anyone without our consent.
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13131
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Uruguay - Friday 9th November 2018

Postby waggonsroll » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:08 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
waggonsroll wrote:I seem to recall that season ticket holders received an email quite a time ago offering reduced price tickets. If this match is not being organised by U R, who has been provided with our contact details without our consent?

The email came from UR (or was it TM?), so I see no reason to suspect our data has been passed to anyone without our consent.

Cheers Grumps. I'd have thought that as well until it was speculated that UR weren't involved.

Sent from my Lenovo A7600-F using Tapatalk
User avatar
waggonsroll
Novice
 
Posts: 263
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:45 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Aird, Araman, Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 6 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->