Warren Gatland of the Week, V1.2

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Warren Gatland of the Week V1.2

Poll ended at Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:33 pm

Coleraine RFC
74%
Grainne Crabtree
13%
FIRFU - Ulster Branch
13%

Total votes: 23

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Warren Gatland of the Week, V1.2

Post by big mervyn »

Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:several times baggy-- several times

We had a master who could lift you out of seat by tugging your sideburns. Having been to a boarding school the tales that could be told are many --such as a couple of pupils revenge --placing 2 nails at the front of two tyres and 2 nails at the back of two tyres -- a spare wheel is a useless object in those circumstances. Ruined a golf outing for 4 that did.
I had one of those, an evil little ginger-haired creep by the name of Atcheson, I suspect he was a serial self-abuser who lived a life of heavy frustration, pending his next tug. He sent me outside the class one day & of course, you were supposed to stand there like a spare one until the end of the lesson. As it was a double period and the last of the day, I simply walked out and went for 9 holes of golf on the way home.
Alan Acheson?
Can't recall with certainty, but that sounds right. If your chappie meets the description then almost certainly that's him. I think he had spent time in Australia before coming to dispense education on "stinks". He also had a strange manner of speech, strained and squeaky.

You clearly have come across this specimen, he'd be around 80-90 now, if still possessed of a mortal coil.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Joe Schmo wrote:Where's V 1.3 or are we just skipping that version as some beardy blokes idea of after dinner humour secured that - surely no one could have been worse last week?
Better late than never, I've been driving for the last whean if days. Committee meeting tomorrow AM with poll to follow.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Where's V 1.3 or are we just skipping that version as some beardy blokes idea of after dinner humour secured that - surely no one could have been worse last week?
Better late than never, I've been driving for the last whean if days. Committee meeting tomorrow AM with poll to follow.
lookin' forward to it!
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

We had a master who could lift you out of seat by tugging your sideburns. Having been to a boarding school the tales that could be told are many --such as a couple of pupils revenge --placing 2 nails at the front of two tyres and 2 nails at the back of two tyres -- a spare wheel is a useless object in those circumstances. Ruined a golf outing for 4 that did.
I had one of those, an evil little ginger-haired creep by the name of Atcheson, I suspect he was a serial self-abuser who lived a life of heavy frustration, pending his next tug. He sent me outside the class one day & of course, you were supposed to stand there like a spare one until the end of the lesson. As it was a double period and the last of the day, I simply walked out and went for 9 holes of golf on the way home.
Alan Acheson?
Can't recall with certainty, but that sounds right. If your chappie meets the description then almost certainly that's him. I think he had spent time in Australia before coming to dispense education on "stinks". He also had a strange manner of speech, strained and squeaky.

You clearly have come across this specimen, he'd be around 80-90 now, if still possessed of a mortal coil.
sounds like him - turned up as Head of Portora in the late 1970s and left it for Austrailia amid some fairly juicy gossip in the early 80s. Still alive apparently and living in Canada....

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Book ... 1-_-title1
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

big mervyn wrote:Image
That's an impressive ageing job they did there.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Alan Acheson?

sounds like him - turned up as Head of Portora in the late 1970s and left it for Austrailia amid some fairly juicy gossip in the early 80s. Still alive apparently and living in Canada....

https://www.abebooks.co.uk/servlet/Book ... 1-_-title1
That looks like him, he was a frailer more gaunt looking zephyr of a man in the early seventies.