Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Columbo
Squire

Re: Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Post by Columbo »

222toHounslow wrote:I believe young Agnew will be a star.
he has been struggling to get a start for the A team this year, and was on the bench for Malone on Saturday (he was good when he came on tbf).. so might have a bit of work to do..
..one more thing
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Agnew seems one of these lads with a post world cup hangover, hardly anyone came out of it smelling of roses.

He does seem to have something to him I feel though (and we'll definitely need it if Hall's shoulder keeps being a problem).
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Columbo wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:He’s an opposition penalty machine. In the current climate, some players will have to be on their knees to tackle him.
yes, this was always another benefit of Stu Olding, he was good for a couple of high tackle pens a match because he was so short!
Pretty sure he still is Columbo :-P

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It’s not in attack he he would be the target but when defending — at 10 , a large back row will run straight at him all afternoon .

It doesn’t matter how brave he is the ball carrier will get over the gain line - off load or set up a quick second phase .

Sonny Boy did it to Paddy Wallace in New Zealand ( granted Paddy was not 10 and Sonny Boy is not a back row ) but the likes of New Zealand making a target of the smallest of mid field , when in attack , is the name of their game — in defence they rattle you with the semi late tackle regardless of who you are .( if you have just passed the ball it means you can’t support the person you have passed to — the person you have passed to is someone else’s problem — but you can’t take a return pass , chase a kick or be part of the next ruck .)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

rumncoke wrote:It’s not in attack he he would be the target but when defending — at 10 , a large back row will run straight at him all afternoon .

It doesn’t matter how brave he is the ball carrier will get over the gain line - off load or set up a quick second phase .

Sonny Boy did it to Paddy Wallace in New Zealand ( granted Paddy was not 10 and Sonny Boy is not a back row ) but the likes of New Zealand making a target of the smallest of mid field , when in attack , is the name of their game — in defence they rattle you with the semi late tackle regardless of who you are .( if you have just passed the ball it means you can’t support the person you have passed to — the person you have passed to is someone else’s problem — but you can’t take a return pass , chase a kick or be part of the next ruck .)

Go to bed you côck. More sense out of my two cocker spaniels.

NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

shamalicious wrote:
Columbo wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:He’s an opposition penalty machine. In the current climate, some players will have to be on their knees to tackle him.
yes, this was always another benefit of Stu Olding, he was good for a couple of high tackle pens a match because he was so short!
Pretty sure he still is Columbo :-P

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
A quality display of 'not moving on personship' there Shammy. ImageImageImage
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:... big fat and slow is going to become a handicap.
Will they be entitled to DLA?

Asking for a friend.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Not all big players are fat or slow there are only 3 players in the front row .

Only the English and French play props in the centre fast over 10
Metres but butterfingered and tunnelvisioned .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I’ve lost my phrase book for Shytetalk to English... can anyone help?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Lurgan Lad
Warrior Chief

Post by Lurgan Lad »

Nominated for Young Player of the Year

https://www.rugbyplayersireland.ie/nomi ... announced/
StandUp
Warrior Chief

Post by StandUp »

This may have been mentioned elsewhere but I just noticed Mikey is listed as flyhalf on the UR senior mens squad, not full back. Does anyone know what he was listed as last year?
paddybrown
Novice

Post by paddybrown »

I'm pretty sure he was listed as a fly-half last season as well - as was Angus Curtis.

There was a definite plan last season to start with Lowry on the bench, and bring him on for Billy Burns and have him close out games at 10. That way he would get more experience at the position. The plan didn't survive Addison's injury though. We needed him at fullback.

With how well Stewart Moore played at fullback at the end of the season, and the arrival of Shea O'Brien, I think Mikey will be freed up to get more game time at 10 this season.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

paddybrown wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:45 pm I'm pretty sure he was listed as a fly-half last season as well - as was Angus Curtis.

There was a definite plan last season to start with Lowry on the bench, and bring him on for Billy Burns and have him close out games at 10. That way he would get more experience at the position. The plan didn't survive Addison's injury though. We needed him at fullback.

With how well Stewart Moore played at fullback at the end of the season, and the arrival of Shea O'Brien, I think Mikey will be freed up to get more game time at 10 this season.
Add Stockdale season long injury to Addison.

Addison has managed 26 games since joining for the start of the 18/19 season, now entering his 5th season at Ulster and currently on the physio bench....

Fair play to Lowry and Moore they took their opportunities.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18