Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

ROYJ

Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Post by ROYJ »

This young man is reenacting jacks philosophy, " don't get caught". Michael is a star of our future and a Lion in the making. He looked tiny compared to Zebo and will reverse the thinking, that all professional players must by 6ft 100 kilos plus. The future for Ulster Rugby is bright. We will return better than before. Make our voice heard at Ravenhill. The 16th man.
kUD
Novice

Re: Michael Lowry the new Jack Kyle

Post by kUD »

For a more current comparison, I think he's a bit like Damien McKenzie. Great open field 15 or 10.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've got no use for hyperbole. Time rather than opinion will decide how young Michael matches up with the great man.

They seek him here,
They seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
That paragon of pace and guile,
That damned elusive Jackie Kyle

If someone writes like that about Michael Lowry & some old bloke is quoting it 65 years after the fact, then the boy will have done well.

However, where would this forum be without opinion, so you sir are well entitled to yours. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Someone has had too much ale methinks.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

kUD wrote:For a more current comparison, I think he's a bit like Damien McKenzie. Great open field 15 or 10.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
Would agree
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I've got no use for hyperbole. Time rather than opinion will decide how young Michael matches up with the great man.

They seek him here,
They seek him there,
Those Frenchies seek him everywhere.
That paragon of pace and guile,
That damned elusive Jackie Kyle

If someone writes like that about Michael Lowry & some old bloke is quoting it 65 years after the fact, then the boy will have done well.

However, where would this forum be without opinion, so you sir are well entitled to yours. :thumleft:
Baggy have you been smokin something which has made you go all Robbie Diack this morning? I was expecting to wake up amd see the original poster getting both barrells from you >6shooter >6shooter :D

Agree with you about the hyperbole thing. Given this is Ulster it would be a result if he ends his career being closer to Jack then Jeremy Kyle.

He does look the real deal and Damien Mackenzie is a good playing style analogy.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ps. George Hook rates Kyle as the finest irish player, so for him to choose a Nordie he must have been pretty special.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Lowrys size will actually be an asset to his style of play.

Big lads are going to struggle to tackle him with proper old school tackling technique.

With zero tolerance to seat belt tackles / and anything marginally above chest getting you into penalty / yellow card territory he doesnt leave you with much of a target to hit moving as he does.

One absolute must from the Ravenhill crowd is that he gets protected at home. The noise needs to be ferocious when anyone puts a finger on our lad that's anywhere above 4ft.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Did the pitch claim another knee?

Wee Mickey is a genius.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Looked to have ice on the top half of his leg, not his ACL.

Though with his missing most of last season with a groin injury, could be equal cause for concern.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Dave wrote:Did the pitch claim another knee?

Wee Mickey is a genius.
No

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

kingofthehill wrote:

Wee Mickey is a genius.
No

TF
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

kingofthehill wrote:

Wee Mickey is a genius.
No

Glad to hear it KOTH :thumleft:

Now the big question is, should ulster keep Lowry at 15 for now given how well he is playing or use him in his preferred position of 10? :scratch:
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

On the comaprison stakes to Lowry, he reminds me of Matthew Morgan the Cardiff full back. Slight of build and very jinky, extremely hard for defenders to put a finger on.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:Ps. George Hook rates Kyle as the finest irish player, so for him to choose a Nordie he must have been pretty special.
George has the advantage of seeing Kyle play however in terms of ability, if I accept that Kyle was the master, it could only be by a smidgeon from CMH Gibson whose added quality was that he was excellent in any position he played. Both had the advantage over BOD of not only being massively talented but fine men into the bargain.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.