New - Warren Gatland of the week

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Vote for your Warren Gatland of the Week?

Terry "I say" Thomas
No votes
Nigel Owens
11%
Simon Zebo
73%
M'Burney
3%
Donald Trump
14%

Total votes: 37

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: New - Warren Gatland of the week

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BR wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:With apologies to No9 and others ...
rumncoke wrote:Is it not ironic that a discussion and complaints about name calling is on a thread titled

Warren Gatland of the Weak
No, it's ironic that it has highlighted someone who is weak in identifying homophones.
Homophone!
and you're nearly, but not quite a moron!

Life goes on.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ORF, there is a new KKK chapter in Ards. I think you would fit in well.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:
BR wrote:Does that mean I'm blocked? Class!
Good work. It's only 5.30pm on a Monday but you will get no judgement from me.
Maybe I'm only muted?
No idea what makes twitter replies disappear. Never felt the need to use any of those functions.

So this Simpson chappy:

He knows who the accused are.
He won't publish their names.
He expects CRFC who have a damn sight less legal resources than the BBC to do it.

He criticises someone for blocking him and not responding to his questions on Twitter.
He doesn't respond to my (quite reasonable) question on twitter and then removes it.

He criticises Dromore RFC for not publishing their input to the Branch's enquiry.
He says he has copies, but refuses to publish.

i'm still open to persuasion on this subject, but I feel Mr Simpson needs to shît or get off the pot.
So, on 2nd time of asking, Mr Simpson says there are legal issues in him naming those accused.

He hasn't expanded on what those issues are.

Maybe an amateur sports club will be able to employ a legal team to overcome such issues where a world-leading media corporation simply wouldn't have those resources.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

There are legal issues in the BBC naming the accused? Lol Who'd have fecking thought it. I nominate the entire BBC organisation as Warren Gatland hypocrits of this week, and many others.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Doesn't matter how many resources the BBC have. If they name some individual and can't back it up they will get sued.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Warren Gatland of the Week V1.3 looking tasty already, BOD Trump & the FBBC. :cheers:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Doesn't matter how many resources the BBC have. If they name some individual and can't back it up they will get sued.
If they can't back it up, should they be running the story?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:
Dave wrote:Doesn't matter how many resources the BBC have. If they name some individual and can't back it up they will get sued.
Given that the club and the branch seem to have accepted that it actually happened, yes. Hopefully, he is still digging.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
That's why they haven't.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
That's why they haven't.
They're running plenty of the story, just not the bits that would allow litigation; they're leaving those blanks to be filled in by the dogs on the street, social media and gossip.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote: They're running plenty of the story, just not the bits that would allow litigation; they're leaving those blanks to be filled in by the dogs on the street, social media and gossip.
I mean specifically naming the individuals responsible.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote: They're running plenty of the story, just not the bits that would allow litigation; they're leaving those blanks to be filled in by the dogs on the street, social media and gossip.
I mean specifically naming the individuals responsible.
Publish and be damned.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Weak was intended since "only the lonely" weak are affected by name calling the strong bite back .

The silly woman didn't know how to tackle the problem -- Ask for either the President or Coach and state -- if the excessive abuse continues the match will be abandoned and the points awarded to the opposition -- it's the clubs problem let them solve it .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Weak was intended since "only the lonely" weak are affected by name calling the strong bite back .

The silly woman didn't know how to tackle the problem -- Ask for either the President or Coach and state -- if the excessive abuse continues the match will be abandoned and the points awarded to the opposition -- it's the clubs problem let them solve it .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Degrading a woman whose free time is given over to rugby to facilitate 30 blokes at any given time seems a little churlish to me Ron'n, maybe Kuntish would be more apt.

Luckily for you, I'm fresh out of clownshoes, so I'll have to content myself by calling you a jackanapes. At your age Ron'n, you should understand that manners cost next to fu@king nothing. Stop talking like a footpad and a ne'redowell ya mad galoot.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

rumncoke wrote:Weak was intended since "only the lonely" weak are affected by name calling the strong bite back .
That may have been your intention in some convoluted way (I doubt it), but as you were directly quoting the threat title, it was wrong. Suck it up.
rumncoke wrote:The silly woman didn't know how to tackle the problem -- Ask for either the President or Coach and state -- if the excessive abuse continues the match will be abandoned and the points awarded to the opposition -- it's the clubs problem let them solve it .
Hardly silly for not knowing how to deal with a problem she had never encountered before.

Solution would not have been to ask for President or Coach (who might not even have been there), but to call over the team captain and tell him that unless the abuse stops, the match will be abandoned. It then becomes the club's problem.

Referee has no authority to say points will be awarded to the opposition - all she could do would be abandon the match and
let the appropriate authorities decide later on that.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right