The pain of the Lionels...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

The pain of the Lionels...

Post by Amiga500 »

Puts a real spring in my step and smile on my face.

While you may not like the D4 heads for many things - for tweaking Englandshire noses so far out of joint when they swatted the wassups to have all the Engerlish moan and complain so much I thank them! :thumleft:

It usually goes something along the lines of:

Those crafty dirty cheating paddies (or "stars" if you ask wee-man Eddie Jones), have figured out that if you rotate in younger players every so often, you get better performances out of your refreshed senior players and also build squad depth.

While Saracens may have won the supa doupa cup 'cos they were tempered in the fire of the best league in the world, last season they were disadvantaged because the Irish teams had no relegation and us upstanding Engerlish had to play our first XV in every match to avoid relegation.

The Irish teams are also bankrolled by the IRFU and have budgets far beyond the poor impoverished English clubs. Oh and Leinster have all the Irish team playing for them ('cos the IRFU made them all go there or somfink).
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Re: The pain of the Lionels...

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Ha Ha thud!. That's me laughing my head off. Their arrogance is astronomical.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
ding dong2u
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by ding dong2u »

They'll be changing the rules again if you laugh too loudly :red: :roll:
Stand Up for the Ulster Men

RIP Nevin Spence 1990 - 2012
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Any real Ulster, true, died in the wool, Ulster til I die fan will have missed this but that utter idiot Jordan O'Murphy used the old classic in his pre-match interview. "Doubtless Ulster have rested a few players" :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Completely ignoring the fact that we are on the bare bones of our arsehole and are playing children recently. That he and his team have never had a better chance to break their duck at Ravenhill.

Sweet feck do they ever change the record?

They got a couple of wins yesterday & from memory round one may not have been quite the bloodbath for Lionels that it was last season, still, enjoying the suffering.

Wonder how that queue of sponsors is working out for them?

Got to love the Heineken Cup, even if they have damaged it with their unremitting greed. I suppose when you have gone around the world murdering people and stealing their resources it must be hard to accept that irrespective of how many changes they make to tip the balance, they really just aren't good enough.

Tigers would be the Lionel team I'd have most time for, a proper club, as are Exeter, I suppose, but god they were pretty poor given our set piece turned up missing for large chunks of the game.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Head to head
Pro-14 - two and a half
Premiership - one and a half

Could have been better, could have been worse, but I'll take that! :lol:

In the return fixtures in R6, I suspect they will manage a 2-2 draw.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Flattop
Novice

Post by Flattop »

You're missing the latest twist on an excuse...apparently it's down to the Irish referees! Original post had a must more inflammatory title, subsequently changed as some felt it was racist.

http://www.rugbynetwork.net/boards/read ... 9,16431465
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

During the Bath/Toulouse match on Saturday, commentary on BT was that English and French teams come into the competition with injuries due to the competitiveness of their respective leagues.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

222toHounslow wrote:During the Bath/Toulouse match on Saturday, commentary on BT was that English and French teams come into the competition with injuries due to the competitiveness of their respective leagues.
Heard part of the Exeter v Munster match on R5L.

Common taters were discussing an article written by EOS in the Irish times and it was unclear what was attributable to him and what they extrapolated from that. However, my take on what they said was that EOS said the Irish teams put a lot of importance on European rugby and put out their strongest teams for those matches.

They then went on to say this is because the Irish provinces play in the Pro14 which is an inferior league to the premiership, but English teams are used to playing against top quality every week, so have no need to raise their game for Europe.

I wasn't convinced that the latter comment was attributed to EOS, or if it was their explanation for EOS's comments. I suspect this was their take, not Eddie's.

I mean, everything English is unquestionably best in the world,is it not?

Or have I just questioned that? >EW
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Flattop wrote:You're missing the latest twist on an excuse...apparently it's down to the Irish referees! Original post had a must more inflammatory title, subsequently changed as some felt it was racist.

To be fair, most of the responses seem to disagree.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

This bullshit about resting players pisses me off. It is an utter irrelevance.

Is it the fault of the celts that the English are too stupid to rotate their squads through the season to keep their players fresh? Only Leinster can really do it successfully in our league anyway because of the ridiculous strength and size of their squad.

In the two seasons when Saracens won the European Cup they rested players in Avivabosh games consistently through the season because McCall had a large squad too and saw the value in it. Benefit of a Norn Iron education perhaps.

The whole business is lazy, bitter journalism from a collection of spoilt children who believe they own the competition and should therefore always win.

Oh and if you’re going to whinge about refs, don’t forget you gave us Wayne “this match is all about me” Barnes.

Get a f**king grip and go shower your heads.
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

BR wrote:
Flattop wrote:You're missing the latest twist on an excuse...apparently it's down to the Irish referees! Original post had a must more inflammatory title, subsequently changed as some felt it was racist.

The English are fine, it's the Welsh and particularly the Scots who whinge about Irish referees.
I wouldn't be surprised if the OP on that Bath forum is actually Welsh.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

WeeWorld wrote:
BR wrote:

The English are fine, it's the Welsh and particularly the Scots who whinge about Irish referees.
I wouldn't be surprised if the OP on that Bath forum is actually Welsh.
Idiot.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

I've slabbered about a few Irish refs. And Scottish, and Welsh, and English, and French...etc.

Stupidity has no nationality.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Post by Big-al »

Yep, Fitzgibbon and Clancy :banghead:
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Big-al wrote:Yep, Fitzgibbon and Clancy :banghead:
Lacey is fûck awful
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND