Ulster v Leicester MoTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulster vs Leicester MotM

M Lowry
21%
C Gilroy
No votes
W Addison
21%
S McCloskey
No votes
J Stockdale
No votes
B Burns
No votes
J Cooney
21%
A Warwick
No votes
R Best
5%
R Kane
No votes
A O'Connor
16%
I Henderson
5%
M Coetzee
5%
J Murphy
No votes
M Timoney
7%
E O'Sullivan
No votes
M Moore
No votes
S Reidy
No votes
D Shanahan,
No votes
A Curtis
No votes

Total votes: 43

kipper
Novice

Re: Ulster v Leicester MoTM

Post by kipper »

Very good team performance after a dodgy enough first half, but addison is pure class, a joy to watch, if we can keep him fit........
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Eggsackerly
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

The big man is probably the greatest player we’ve ever had
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

222toHounslow wrote:The big man is probably the greatest player we’ve ever had
Potentially the best!

Coooo - zteee ooooh
Coooo - zteee ooooh

He comes from Africa

He'll feckin murder ya

If he gets another long term injury one thing I will say, he has total disrespect for his own body, he's a Fez from another mother.

He hurt pussycats today.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Hendo and Addison make us tick. Fair dues to burns who stuck at it when obviously not right.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Addison for me
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Lowry. It looked like he stayed on the pitch after the half time minis. Never shirked a tackle.

Should have known, KOTH rates him
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:Lowry. It looked like he stayed on the pitch after the half time minis. Never shirked a tackle.

Should have known, KOTH rates him
For those who like Tommy frae Comber & I who watched the spectacle on TV, I was heartened to see Lowry being interviewed by BT whilst they waited for Cooney to be free to talk. Cooney was effusive about Lowry, citing his lack of nerves beforehand as having settled other players.

That, coupled with what people who know him, such as KOTH, have told me makes me extra confident about his future, it's self-awareness, not cocky but understanding he is good enough and bursting with confidence to get on with it.

What you can't have missed yesterday was that both Lowry & Addison have is the ability to skin people either with pace or with their quick feet. I would love to see both playing around Cave, a man with a brain who runs great lines and can time a pass like very few players \I've seen at Ulster.

LOOK .............. we all need to be patient, I and I'm sure most of you can see the kernel of a decent team in there. We have some poor players and some problem positions, we have a good number of really bright looking prospects and Addison looks a real find if he can get over his "sicknote" past.

I'm encouraged ................. but expect a beating next week.

Folk, not FOLK, here need to hold their shyte together and cut the suicidal bullshit when things go arseshaped - like in the last two weeks - as they will from time to time. Let's not forget either that yesterday is not the first time that we have struggled to get into the game but like yesterday there has been the collective will to get back in the game and get the result. Dare I say fighting for every inch?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

IIRC Gusher said Addison was having a quiet game (or something along those lines). Interesting to hear so many rate his performance. Perhaps I just misheard Gusher.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Coetzee did the heavy lifting today. Lowry for me though. Honorable mention for AOC, solid, teak tough, backbone of the pack.
Timoney, I just wonder is he a better long term 7? We had 3 8's starting lol. Reidy looked good in cameo, and Id like McBurney starting in some of the Pro14. Line out throwing is superb. Hit back if the lineout in p#ssing rain right at the end.
Only caveat is i suspect the two tiggers game are playoff for third. Not a whinge- good will be home wins and no capitulation away, injuries permitting. A good comeback from 2 bad weeks. Honourable defeat at 92 wll be progress, and shutting out the exMunster spit... er fullback, Zeeebooo
Exterminate all rational thought
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The sound that is generated through Marcell connecting with an opposition player is marvellous. It's worth the entry fee alone.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BR wrote:IIRC Gusher said Addison was having a quiet game (or something along those lines). Interesting to hear so many rate his performance. Perhaps I just misheard Gusher.
Probably a classic case of mistaken identity by Gusher. :roll: Addison is a class act. Did Gusher mention that his granda played 10 for Portora in the Schools cup?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Waited until I had watched again before deciding (albeit 50 minutes of that was late last night when i was shattered, and the final half hour just now).

Still hard to decide as everyone played well, and a few played exceptionally well.

Timoney was awesome and grows with every game.

Hendo an inspiration and leads by example

Marcell, we still just watch in expectation as he runs over and through people.

AOC is consistency personified, and yesterday he held the over-exuberance in check.

Rory is .... well, just Rory. what more needs to be said? and when McBurney replaced him for the last few minutes, how many tackles did he make? One for the future ... and the present!

Michael Lowry - what a match!!! others have said it, I don't need to say it again. What a recovery from an early missed catch. Superb. Maybe he should have fed Stockdale instead of going for the line himself, but without that confidence he wouldn't be the player he appears to be. Perhaps to make up for that, he was last man when they were going for the bonus point with the clock in the red. You just knew he would make the tackle, and he did - just enough, but enough is enough!

My final choice came down to 2 players though.

Addison - what a player we have unearthed. He was a strong contender (as were the aforementioned), and fine margins being what they are, his only negative was the missed tackle that allowed Tuilagi to get their only try. Harsh, but with so many excellent performances, them's the breaks.

That just leaves me to name John Cooney as my man of the match. I wasn't convinced when he was announced after the match, but having re-watched, I can only agree, not just for his play and skills,but more for his brain and how he controlled things.

That does not take anything away form anyone not mentioned by name - all played their part, and fair play to wee d, even he didn't look out of placed and put himself in harm's way a couple of times without flinching

Same commitment next week will do for me, although I'm not expecting anything out of the trip to Paris.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I hate to mention this, but Rory was mullered on three occasions. Twice they ran through him, but Rory being Rory he gets up and gets back at it. I just didn’t expect to see it happen.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cormac
Initiate

Post by Cormac »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Timoney of course, none of Jackson, Olding or Cave playing so Timoney the obvious choice. I still struggle to understand why more people are not excited about him as a player.

In fairness to the others, several played very well, not many played badly & even wee Shanners did rightly when he came on.
Been impressed by Timoney since he's broken into the Ulster back-row. Was always a bit surprised he didn't get an academy place with Leinster. Saw him play for Leinster Schools when they beat their Australian counterparts in December 2013. Timoney was excellent in that game, carried very effectively in open spaces and in the tight, and the only better player than him on the pitch that evening was James Ryan. Wee Joey also started that evening. At full-back.