Ulster v Leicester MoTM

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Ulster vs Leicester MotM

M Lowry
21%
C Gilroy
No votes
W Addison
21%
S McCloskey
No votes
J Stockdale
No votes
B Burns
No votes
J Cooney
21%
A Warwick
No votes
R Best
5%
R Kane
No votes
A O'Connor
16%
I Henderson
5%
M Coetzee
5%
J Murphy
No votes
M Timoney
7%
E O'Sullivan
No votes
M Moore
No votes
S Reidy
No votes
D Shanahan,
No votes
A Curtis
No votes

Total votes: 43

Big-al
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster v Leicester MoTM

Post by Big-al »

I get the feeling Timoney needs 2 workhorses at flanker to really shine, something Ulster have lack for the past few seasons.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:IIRC Gusher said Addison was having a quiet game (or something along those lines). Interesting to hear so many rate his performance. Perhaps I just misheard Gusher.
Maybe he was thinking Shane Stewart in his mind's eye.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Big-al wrote:I get the feeling Timoney needs 2 workhorses at flanker to really shine, something Ulster have lack for the past few seasons.
Ach Al, those feelings you get in your water, how have they worked out for you in the past?

LOOK .......... Timoney just turned 23 in August and for my money, he has done enough to be regarded as the first choice and he is improving rapidly and with Marcell & Nordi still both rusty from injury layoffs, he is leading the way. For me, there is no way that you would pick Deysel, Chad or even Reidy, who I have a lot of time for, ahead of him.

Albeit we know it's unwise to look too confidently about UR stats, Timoney is a couple of cms & a couple of Lbs lighter than Marcell, he's a deceptively big lad and bloody quick.

However, forget about stats, if you can't see what Timoney has, and by you, I mean yousins >EW , then I'm buggered if I can make you understand.

He will be very good, he already is on more or less a weekly basis.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:However, forget about stats, if you can't see what Timoney has
He's got a bit of dog about him - as well as the physicals to back it up.

Like the cut of his jib. Could be a backrow stalwart here for a decade.