Connaught game

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Connaught game

Post by big mervyn »

rumncoke wrote:Wings of a Dove —
A song sung by a gent who was once married to a cousin of mine

Many years ago
Chas Smash?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

no

he was an American

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Wings of a Dove —
A song sung by a gent who was once married to a cousin of mine

Many years ago

Baggy that drinking was never a great problem for me — somebody buys me a drink I haven’t asked for or declined - will find it left on the table .

That is as I said one tends to eat later in Spain thus drink slowly and thus less .

Where I was staying on the costa del Sol out of season in the local cAfes frequented by the Brit — you continuously found your self playing — spot the hoods

One of the things some missed was a decent cup of Tea had to bring the old Punjana teabags for those living there .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now you’re losing it Ron’n. Little or no Brit bars for me, unless strictly necessary Andas for tay, I haven’t had a cup this century, awful swill. For me a straight black coffee or Guinness is all I crave, the Guinness is the thing I miss most other than pals but I’ve had a few visitors over, so not too bad. Planning a mountain road trip next year with two good mates.

But for tax reasons I’m coming back for a while, Guinness in Neds and a few trips to Ravenhill, usual Christmas outing with a few pals. Sure I’ll miss España but I’ll manage for 10 weeks. Derry and Donegal calling too, not a great time of year but as William Connolly says, there is no such thing as bad weather, just the wrong clothes. :stout:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Why do supposedly intelligent humans continue to think of Spain as High rise tourist traps, populated by ex pat hoods who’ve sold their Taxi Company or building firm to fund a life consisting of sitting in a bar and drinking themselves to death?
Such narrow minded arsefoonery might be expected of Lionels or Lurgan dole Loungers, but amazingly we seem to have our own share of them here.
Last edited by Tender on Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

must say where I was is a location high on the hood housing location .

But your right they are a minority but they are there and don't walk run with " hood " tattooed on their forehead and being a foreigner in a foreign land keep a low profile .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I believe the places the hoods are fond of are the Costa del Sol coast and then the odd place such as Benjamin Dorm. Not really my idea of fun, the former vastly overbuilt (one the coast), the latter a Spanish Bundoran but with Skyscrapers and wall to wall with ballbegs.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.