Is it starting to hit home yet?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Is it starting to hit home yet?

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Cormac wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: BR.. are we talking the same player? .. over the summer we announced the signing of an Irish International scrum half from Leinster and yet he never appears to have arrived.. I know someone in D4 that joked with me a while back we had two Irish number 9's where the feck is this one?
U-20 international? Because I'm pretty sure that Cooney and Luke McGrath are the only Leinster-born players to play at scrum-half for Ireland this century.
I think the player question was a sevens international.
Who the feck is the player that we are talking about in this ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cormac wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: BR.. are we talking the same player? .. over the summer we announced the signing of an Irish International scrum half from Leinster and yet he never appears to have arrived.. I know someone in D4 that joked with me a while back we had two Irish number 9's where the feck is this one?
U-20 international? Because I'm pretty sure that Cooney and Luke McGrath are the only Leinster-born players to play at scrum-half for Ireland this century.
Alan Bennie
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Cormac wrote:
Alan Bennie
Never heard of him or anything about him coming to Ulster
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:Never heard of him or anything about him coming to Ulster
His picture was on the UR website around August time in the senior squad but then removed. I've heard that he has been and gone already.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3582368
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:Never heard of him or anything about him coming to Ulster
His picture was on the UR website around August time in the senior squad but then removed. I've heard that he has been and gone already.

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/rugby/ ... -1.3582368
Must have been quite shocking indeed to not meet even the standards that Shanahan sets.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Of course he could have been told that he'd been signed as Shanaghan's back-up. That would have certainly got his er… back up. He'd still be running away,
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We just repeat the same mistakes and it really boils mypish when the repeated mistakes are passed off as unlucky.
I have two huge ones. Neither of which are crystal, but I don’t need one to tell me we’ll witness more of the same in the future.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

feck the band

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Dave wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Sevens scrum half, FFS you might as well sign a woman
Man or woman, said individual came and went already.
Must've been a man then.

Bennie was at pre-season and spotted in his civvies at the first game. Not seen since.

Surely Blame McIlroy is the answer to all our woes at 9 lol

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Bringing McIlroy back would at least pish all over the Feminazis. In fact that could well turn out to be what he literally would do :shock:
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gary wrote:Bringing McIlroy back would at least pish all over the Feminazis. In fact that could well turn out to be what he literally would do :shock:
Wonder what he could do in a back three...
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

I didn’t see the game but I saw the tries v Munster- by Christ that defence was narrow even by LK standards.

The injury list is still ridiculous. The squad depth in terms of seasoned good standard players is poor. That Munster team were smarting over the result the week before, they were at home, with a v good experienced pack.
We lost our only world class player(IH), and our most influential player (JC) early. Leaving us with an underpowered pack, and a next to scratch backline. It was men v boys.

2yrs ago we’d have played Windsor, instead of Curtis....and any other dross we could find instead of exposing the young guns. This process is 2/3yrs not a season, to rectify. I hope they park the result and move on. Also with it being a WC yr it’ll doubly effect game time.

D4 will give us sweet FA. Let’s keep getting those pups exposure so we can properly judge talent/development. Also they’ll be another heavy contract cull end of season & with WC yr there’ll be plenty of s hem talent looking to come north hopefully keeping prices reasonable.

This is not just a squad rebuild job. McFarland speaks in soundbites, but at least they make sense, unlike LK. He’s playing the pups which everyone has been asking for. Apparently he’s good technically which will help the forward pups development. He needs to be judged really in 12/18 mths time.

We can’t buy it, we won’t be given it, so we have to make it. :red:
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Ulster may have to obtain some Profile player after the World Cup

Unknown pups don't put bums on seats and while there are those who consider Ulster break even on money from sponsors Tv etc.
The profit is in the bums on seats because they generate the former .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dharper wrote:I didn’t see the game but I saw the tries v Munster- by Christ that defence was narrow even by LK standards.

The injury list is still ridiculous. The squad depth in terms of seasoned good standard players is poor. That Munster team were smarting over the result the week before, they were at home, with a v good experienced pack.
We lost our only world class player(IH), and our most influential player (JC) early. Leaving us with an underpowered pack, and a next to scratch backline. It was men v boys.

2yrs ago we’d have played Windsor, instead of Curtis....and any other dross we could find instead of exposing the young guns. This process is 2/3yrs not a season, to rectify. I hope they park the result and move on. Also with it being a WC yr it’ll doubly effect game time.

D4 will give us sweet FA. Let’s keep getting those pups exposure so we can properly judge talent/development. Also they’ll be another heavy contract cull end of season & with WC yr there’ll be plenty of s hem talent looking to come north hopefully keeping prices reasonable.

This is not just a squad rebuild job. McFarland speaks in soundbites, but at least they make sense, unlike LK. He’s playing the pups which everyone has been asking for. Apparently he’s good technically which will help the forward pups development. He needs to be judged really in 12/18 mths time.

We can’t buy it, we won’t be given it, so we have to make it. :red:
Wise words indeed
Rory Best
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Dave wrote:
Gary wrote:Bringing McIlroy back would at least pish all over the Feminazis. In fact that could well turn out to be what he literally would do :shock:
Wonder what he could do in a back three...
Tighten up the rear defence