Is it starting to hit home yet?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Is it starting to hit home yet?

Post by Dave »

The FIRFU have happily fcuked us over. They break their own rules when they want for Leinster (Nacewa) and Munster (injury jokers ++). Some have sought to praise Nucifurher for bringing in Cooney for Pienaar. Firstly, he didn't bring him in. Secondly, the void left by Pienaar has not and will not ever be filled. In terms of leadership as well as playing standard. How can you look at the team tonight and argue there is no room for him in the squad?

Also, I'm never moving on from the fact that we have two players in France with boatloads of talent that was simply thrown away. Does anyone think that the twitterazi would still be bothered to protest with no hastag currently trending on Twitter?

The FIRFU are a witless and spineless shower who simply do not care what happens to Ulster. They love the colour of money much more than the health of "four" proud provinces. There is a clear pecking order and we are at the bottom. Things are not getting better anytime soon.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Is it starting to hit home yet?

Post by Jackie Brown »

I did think they'd care if our gate receipts dropped. But they got a nice stadium paid for by the British Government and no debt, so actually they probably couldn't give a fu*k.

FIRFU

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:The FIRFU have happily fcuked us over. They break their own rules when they want for Leinster (Nacewa) and Munster (injury jokers ++). Some have sought to praise Nucifurher for bringing in Cooney for Pienaar. Firstly, he didn't bring him in. Secondly, the void left by Pienaar has not and will not ever be filled. In terms of leadership as well as playing standard. How can you look at the team tonight and argue there is no room for him in the squad?

Also, I'm never moving on from the fact that we have two players in France with boatloads of talent that was simply thrown away. Does anyone think that the twitterazi would still be bothered to protest with no hastag currently trending on Twitter?

The FIRFU are a witless and spineless shower who simply do not care what happens to Ulster. They love the colour of money much more than the health of "four" proud provinces. There is a clear pecking order and we are at the bottom. Things are not getting better anytime soon.

Dave - I share the frustration regarding Ruan and the others but we need to look closer to home for our woes. The Ruan situation was unfair for a guy who had given so much to the province and when compared to how Nacewa was treated, but that is far from the difference between the teams. The last season we had pj and ruan was mediocre and the writing was on the wall.

It is a long haul for us and nothing will change that.
iluvni
Novice

Post by iluvni »

Does anyone think a squad chock full of players from Eire is the future for a successful Ulster?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:The FIRFU have happily fcuked us over. They break their own rules when they want for Leinster (Nacewa) and Munster (injury jokers ++). Some have sought to praise Nucifurher for bringing in Cooney for Pienaar. Firstly, he didn't bring him in. Secondly, the void left by Pienaar has not and will not ever be filled. In terms of leadership as well as playing standard. How can you look at the team tonight and argue there is no room for him in the squad?

Dave - I share the frustration regarding Ruan and the others but we need to look closer to home for our woes. The Ruan situation was unfair for a guy who had given so much to the province and when compared to how Nacewa was treated, but that is far from the difference between the teams. The last season we had pj and ruan was mediocre and the writing was on the wall.

I wasn't suggesting that was the difference between the sides. It's merely the tip of the iceberg, plus a lot of mismanagement in the Ulster setup. We have certainly had incompetent personnel up here but FIRFU have done things in full knowledge of what would transpire.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

iluvni wrote:Does anyone think a squad chock full of players from Eire is the future for a successful Ulster?
Hopefully Brexit will sort that out..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

D4 has for many years laughed at us behind our backs paying the odd bit of lip service ensuring we get the odd Presidency etc.. filling the stadium is about all we bring to Irish rugby plus the odd team filler when they have no choice...

We have been dragged to the bottom of Irish Rugby by people that can walk away with golden handshakes and who should never have been employed in the first instance..

Ps... has the root and branch review been completed yet? Or was that more lip service from Bryn?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Bart S wrote:

This is correct. Blaming others is easy stuff that anyone can do. Tis harder to help yerself.

Leinster, given their resources, were a shambles not much more than 10 years ago. Their fans whinged a bit about supposed Munster bias in the media and IRFU. Meanwhile good folk in Leinster were working hard to change things and ultimately they ended up as the best team in Europe. Less whinging, more effective work is usually the answer. However I am not trying to tell Ulsterfolk that they should not repeat whinges for years if it makes them happy.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Bart S wrote:

This is correct. Blaming others is easy stuff that anyone can do. Tis harder to help yerself.

Leinster, given their resources, were a shambles not much more than 10 years ago. Their fans whinged a bit about supposed Munster bias in the media and IRFU. Meanwhile good folk in Leinster were working hard to change things and ultimately they ended up as the best team in Europe. Less whinging, more effective work is usually the answer. However I am not trying to tell Ulsterfolk that they should not repeat whinges for years if it makes them happy.
Ten years ago Leinster won their first Heiny Cup (2008/09). The season before that they won the Celtic league.

The rest of what you have written is a load of nonsense. Any hard work will be done by those employed by UR plus many volunteers, I dare say. Any whinging on here has no connection to that.

Hard work alone will not replace the talent already given away.
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

Shan wrote:
Bart S wrote:

Now now Shan, don't let common sense get in the way of a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, tis obviously a grand scheme by the IRFU and the Jews to destroy Ulster rugby for some reason.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

connachtfan wrote:
Now now Shan, don't let common sense get in the way of a tinfoil hat conspiracy theory, tis obviously a grand scheme by the IRFU and the Jews to destroy Ulster rugby for some reason.
Tell me how I am wrong?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dave wrote:
Shan wrote:
Bart S wrote:

Ten years ago Leinster won their first Heiny Cup (2008/09). The season before that they won the Celtic league.

The rest of what you have written is a load of nonsense. Any hard work will be done by those employed by UR plus many volunteers, I dare say. Any whinging on here has no connection to that.

Hard work alone will not replace the talent already given away.
Leinster had also been knocking on the door for a few seasons before that too. I 'd say it was a bit earlier Shan, when you lads called them Ladyboys, and regularly minced them in the Interpros. Sure, when Chieka first went there, the lads were getting changed in the car park at Donnybrook for training.

Who're the Ladyboys now? Answers on a postcard please! But you're right all the same. Ulster folk, take some tighten up syrup, stop the whinging, UR need to get stuck in for the rest of the season and strive to be the best they can be. We're better than that performance tonight, but how much better, I don't know......
connachtfan
Novice

Post by connachtfan »

Dave wrote:
connachtfan wrote:
Tell me how I am wrong?
Because it's completely feck daft, my question to you is why, why would the IRFU want to destroy Ulster Rugby?
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

stickinout wrote: Leinster had also been knocking on the door for a few seasons before that too. I 'd say it was a bit earlier Shan, when you lads called them Ladyboys, and regularly minced them in the Interpros. Sure, when Chieka first went there, the lads were getting changed in the car park at Donnybrook for training.

Who're the Ladyboys now? Answers on a postcard please! But you're right all the same. Ulster folk, take some tighten up syrup, stop the whinging, UR need to get stuck in for the rest of the season and strive to be the best they can be. We're better than that performance tonight, but how much better, I don't know......
I think Dave latched onto the 10 year thing as he tends to do - I tend to talk about general timeframes rather than pinpointing exact dates. However now I'll have to pinpoint to elaborate on my point - In 2006 they had all the individual talent you could hope for in a club team but they were a joke of a team as we demonstrated in the H Cup semi that year. That beating we gave them that day was worse than the one an understrength Ulster got last night, given the talent they had. Two years later and with the filthy dog Cullen at the heart of matters they were unrecognisable from the pile of sh1te they had been. Cullen would bite the bag off you if it gained him an advantage. Makes a huge difference having a fecker like that about.
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Dave wrote:
Tell me how I am wrong?
Numerous times I have provided that data but yer not interested. You want to have a wee cry every week.