Munster V Ulster Sat 29th Sept 7:15

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Re: Munster V Ulster Sat 29th Sept 7:15

Post by UlsterNo9 »

If we play with the same attitude as we did the last time we won in Limerick we will run them close.

Bring back sugar

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/27297636
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

UlsterNo9 wrote:If we play with the same attitude as we did the last time we won in Limerick we will run them close.

Bring back sugar

No

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:If we play with the same attitude as we did the last time we won in Limerick we will run them close.

Bring back sugar

I hope we're at least talking to him.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:

Bring back sugar

No

Okay, bring back Mark Anscombe. Maybe not.

Poor old MA disposed of so I'm led to believe by player pressure. If that was indeed the case I've often thought that either the team culture was wrong or it set a precedent for future organisational behaviour. The players knowing that they have successfully in the past got one coach chopped what's to say they couldn't do it again. Tail wagging the dog and allowed to do so by weak leadership right at the top. Even ultimately if it was the right decision it should never havery been the players to make or influence and they there and then should have been quite firmly put in their box.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:

Bring back sugar

No

Poor old MA disposed of so I'm led to believe by player pressure. If that was indeed the case I've often thought that either the team culture was wrong or it set a precedent for future organisational behaviour. The players knowing that they have successfully in the past got one coach chopped what's to say they couldn't do it again. Tail wagging the dog and allowed to do so by weak leadership right at the top. Even ultimately if it was the right decision it should never havery been the players to make or influence and they there and then should have been quite firmly put in their box.
A group of senior players who dearly loved their club had major issues with a person not fit for the role.

FOMA
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Russ wrote:

Bring back sugar

No

A group of senior players who dearly loved their club had major issues with a person not fit for the role.

FOMA
Sounds about right to me Dave. Let us not forget the salutary lesson of David Nucibastard, Super Rugby winning coach so hated that the players said he goes or we go. A hated coach cannot last long term, Nucibastard never again had a job with any worthwhile organisation anywhere in the world, such a Warren Gatland was he. Wonder whatever happened to the nasty mean-spirited antipodean goat, I hope he's dead or dies very very soon, the poisonous vermin.

I heard of Anscombe's final moments as Canada coach, his team were being humbled at home to some fifth rate team, he walked in at halftime, said "Fak you all you bunch of losers" and walked away and that after the Canada RU had moved their entire set up on his whim so he could live where he had decided would be best. A very costly mistake to hire the wino by Canada.

My feeling is that we have done the right thing for once, bringing in someone relatively under the radar in terms of "name" coaches, but who enjoys a good reputation for his work as a forwards coach (after all Ulster have needed one of those for a long time - is that lying ballix Gibbes dead yet?) and is apparently a non-primadona. Working under Pat Lam & Toonie means he's rated by two good coaches.

Anyway, the first defeat of the season looms large, does that bother me? Not one iota, we were never going to have an unbeaten season. I don't want any bakebookish clowns thinking we are brill. We aren't at present we are a team fo decent scrappers looking to become a decent team. Neither Rome nor a good team was built in a smattering of weeks.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Bring back sugar

I'm pretty sure auld McKinney wouldn't give up his wee gig at Verona these days. Him and Gaston are apparently ripping it up down there

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Just checking is that 7:15 p.m. Irish Standard Time, British Summer Time, Greenwich Mean Time, UTC, CET, CEST?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

BR wrote:Just checking is that 7:15 p.m. Irish Standard Time, British Summer Time, Greenwich Mean Time, UTC, CET, CEST?
Hammer time.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

BR wrote:Just checking is that 7:15 p.m. Irish Standard Time, British Summer Time, Greenwich Mean Time, UTC, CET, CEST?
7:35pm >EW
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Munster v Ulster – KO 19:35

Thomond Park, Limerick

Referee: Dan Jones (WRU)
AR1: Ian Davies (WRU), AR2: Nigel Correll (IRFU)
TMO: Brian MacNeice (IRFU)

Neutral ref, there's one excuse gone.... >EW
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Pimms O'Clock?

failing that, :stout:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Post by shamalicious »

Grim.

John Cooney has recovered from the scalp laceration he sustained in the fixture versus Southern Kings and is available for selection for the forthcoming fixture against Munster on Saturday.

Rory Best and Jacob Stockdale have returned to full training and are expected to return to play within the next two weeks.

Craig Gilroy (abdominal muscle) and Will Addison (back spasm) picked up injuries last week and will continue to be assessed through the week.

Marcell Coetzee (shoulder), Wiehahn Herbst (groin), Rob Herring (toe), Sean Reidy (hamstring) and Henry Speight (knee) sustained injuries during the game versus Cheetahs on Friday and are unavailable for selection against Munster.

The current injury list also includes:
Peter Browne (concussion)
David Busby (knee)
Louis Ludik (hamstring)
Chris Henry (calf)
Rob Lyttle (knee)
Luke Marshall (knee)
Kyle McCall (elbow)
Marty Moore (calf)
Tommy O’Hagan (foot)
Jack Owens (concussion)

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Ah sure that is only 19 injures players, sure we will manage something !
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Ethel is great in the lose.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.