Cheetahs v Ulster Friday 21st September 6:15pm KO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Cheetahs v Ulster Friday 21st September 6:15pm KO

Post by Dave »

damianmcr wrote:
BR wrote:
Dave wrote:You never see low no-arms tackles given as a pen.
Chop tackles were the IRB's cause celebre 2 seasons ago. It's all about nipples this year.
Tackle on Angus just before the end?

I hate them. They look extremely dangerous.
There was one on Marcell too.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

damianmcr wrote:
BR wrote:
Chop tackles were the IRB's cause celebre 2 seasons ago. It's all about nipples this year.

Haven't seen it

I don't think 90% of armless chop tackles are dangerous. When you take a big lad who's trundling toward you, around the shins, I don't think it usually makes much odds whether you wrap your arms around him or not. I remember getting pinged for it way back, but usually only because I was a fat bstrd and in getting low for the tackle my arms were needed on the ground to keep my balance. Technique was the same whichever - just an issue of timing the hit.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
BR wrote:

Haven't seen it

I don't think 90% of armless chop tackles are dangerous. When you take a big lad who's trundling toward you, around the shins, I don't think it usually makes much odds whether you wrap your arms around him or not. I remember getting pinged for it way back, but usually only because I was a fat bstrd and in getting low for the tackle my arms were needed on the ground to keep my balance. Technique was the same whichever - just an issue of timing the hit.
The impact can send the players legs up over the horizontal and they come down on head, neck, shoulders etc.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:
damianmcr wrote:
BR wrote:

Haven't seen it

The impact can send the players legs up over the horizontal and they come down on head, neck, shoulders etc.
I appreciate that would be the 10%. Precious few props moving at sufficient pace at the level I was playing.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote: I appreciate that would be the 10%. Precious few props moving at sufficient pace at the level I was playing.
Talking about the pro game