I hope we are at least talking to... opposition player watch

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

I hope we are at least talking to... opposition player watch

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Something very much over looked by oursleves on this forum.

I'd be interested to know other students of the games thoughts on who played well against us..... week on week.

Blair Kinghorn was a constant thorn looking back, electric pace and always beat the first man, found mismatches time and time again. A very good performance.
Last edited by UlsterNo9 on Sat Sep 08, 2018 11:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Opposition player watch

Post by Dave »

Good idea for a thread although you could have called it 'I hope we are at least talking to...'. I thought Schoeman was a real handful. He carried very well. Obviously not as good as the Hond.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

I hope we are at least talking to...'

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:Good idea for a thread although you could have called it 'I hope we are at least talking to...'. I thought Schoeman was a real handful. He carried very well. Obviously not as good as the Hond.
:lol:

Fixed.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: I hope we are at least talking to...'

Post by Dave »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:Good idea for a thread although you could have called it 'I hope we are at least talking to...'. I thought Schoeman was a real handful. He carried very well. Obviously not as good as the Hond.

Fixed.
ImageImageImageImage
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave -- SILLY TITLE since Bryn has stated we are to concentrate on home talent, D4 has to fund imports, and the gates are down -- now the only import you are going to get is a guaranteed -- bum on seats name , not an unknown opposition MoTM.

Take Speight at the moment in my opinion he,s doing a job---- but he's not busting his gut --- he knows he's out when Stockdale is fit -- even more out when Ludic and Marshall are fit --- at the moment he knows he doesn't need to play for a place .

Just think their is a few Horse Power not being utilised and he can play better than he is doing at the moment.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Time for your nap, ORF. I don't know WTF you are on about. It's just a thread on opposition players we like.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

rumncoke wrote:
Take Speight at the moment in my opinion he,s doing a job---- but he's not busting his gut --- he knows he's out when Stockdale is fit -- even more out when Ludic and Marshall are fit --- at the moment he knows he doesn't need to play for a place .

Just think their is a few Horse Power not being utilised and he can play better than he is doing at the moment.
I agree entirely
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Snipe Watson wrote:
rumncoke wrote:

I agree entirely
Henry was better last night than the previous week I believe he will get better as the weeks go on. Hadn't played in weeks then thrown straight into a game against the Scarlets. His motivation is not driven by fighting for a place on the team but rather putting himself in the window for a big contract.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

This must be a new record to divert a thread completely off topic.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Dave

your problem is you can't think outside the box

Speight is an example of an import who I believe has the potential to be a better player than he he is displaying at the moment but recognises he is a stand in .

" I hope we are at least talking to " is a stupid title if you all you want to do is highlight a opposition player who has had a good game -- because ulster are talking to nobody at the moment and imports are not the answer unless they buy into the ethos of effort which is the point I am making.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Their 6
WP Nel also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:Dave

your problem is you can't think outside the box

Speight is an example of an import who I believe has the potential to be a better player than he he is displaying at the moment but recognises he is a stand in .

" I hope we are at least talking to " is a stupid title if you all you want to do is highlight a opposition player who has had a good game -- because ulster are talking to nobody at the moment and imports are not the answer unless they buy into the ethos of effort which is the point I am making.
Rum, 'I hope you are at least talking to' is an in-joke that has been said on here many a time. The purpose of this thread isn't to suggest we sign every player who plays well against us. Although, I bloody hope we are talking to some imports as all our current NIQs are out of contract in the summer.

Going off topic isn't thinking outside the box. If you don't like the thread I have some advise for you:

G E T
T H E
h e l l
O F F
I T
T H E N
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: I hope we are at least talking to... opposition player w

Post by rumncoke »

"In joke" since when Dave your a gosh-t ,the best part of you was a stain on the bed linen.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: I hope we are at least talking to... opposition player w

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:"In joke" since when Dave your a gosh-t ,the best part of you was a stain on the bed linen.
Go fcuk a landmineImageImageImageImageImage
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:Their 6
WP Nel also

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

WP Nel is always a consistent high performing scrummager. Cockerill will be glad to have him fit. From memory he missed 4-5 months last season through injury. He was a big miss for Scotland during the Six Nations.

In my mind though he's pretty limited in the loose.