Man of the match Ulster vs Edinburgh?

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

MOTM Ulster vs Edinburgh

Will Addison
52%
Craig Gilroy
2%
Darren Cave
2%
Stuart McCloskey
2%
Henry Speight
No votes
Billy Burns
No votes
John Cooney
26%
Andrew Warwick
No votes
Rob Herring
4%
Ross Kane
No votes
Kieran Treadwell
No votes
Iain Henderson
4%
Marcell Coetzee
No votes
Jordi Murphy
2%
Nick Timoney
No votes
Adam McBurney
No votes
Eric O'Sullivan
No votes
Wiehahn Herbst
No votes
Alan O'Connor
4%
Sean Reidy
No votes

Total votes: 46

Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Man of the match Ulster vs Edinburgh?

Post by Snipe Watson »

Addison has been excellent two weeks running. I'll go for him.

Speight is comfortably the least effective member of the back division.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Snipe Watson wrote:Addison has been excellent two weeks running. I'll go for him.

Cave was increasingly covering for him in defence. Didn't trust him. Also less than assertive under the high ball.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:Addison has been excellent two weeks running. I'll go for him.

Cave was increasingly covering for him in defence. Didn't trust him. Also less than assertive under the high ball.
Cave covers for everyone in the backline to some extent.
I'm happy with him under the high ball even though he had a couple of dodgy ones tonight.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Henry is a hard straight runner. We didn't use him enough with ball in hand. Defensively poor.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Spiffsson
Warrior Chief

Post by Spiffsson »

solidarity wrote:Addison safe as houses and Gilroy making some great moves but I can't look past Cooney's contribution to one try and nerveless kicking.
Agree. Addison is a real find and a classy looking player with hands, footwork, gas and defence. But Cooney yet again was the match winner for Ulster. At the moment we would be lost without him. Ulster should be paying him his weight in gold.
McCloskey and Cave played well enough, but I'd still love to see a footballing playmaker in the Paddy Wallace mode to make things happen in midfield in attack. McCloskey looks pertty one dimensional now but I do recognize his value.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Spiffsson wrote:
solidarity wrote:Addison safe as houses and Gilroy making some great moves but I can't look past Cooney's contribution to one try and nerveless kicking.
Agree. Addison is a real find and a classy looking player with hands, footwork, gas and defence. But Cooney yet again was the match winner for Ulster. At the moment we would be lost without him. Ulster should be paying him his weight in gold.
McCloskey and Cave played well enough, but I'd still love to see a footballing playmaker in the Paddy Wallace mode to make things happen in midfield in attack. McCloskey looks pertty one dimensional now but I do recognize his value.
Is the answer Curtis in that 10-12 axis.... he looks like the Paddy Wallace / Olding / Beale / Giteau mould....
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Spiffsson wrote:
I know what you`re saying about McCloskey, but LOOK .....the guy gives what he has, tonight that included two magnificent turnovers where he barrelled players off the ball, and then when he had jumped and missed a tackle and I thought oh FFFS, who stops Embra 5 metres out, Big Stu. Two decent games.

I think he has been taught a few new tricks this season. I`m beginning to feel optimistic about the coaching and understand the feeling in the squad is like night and day compared to our anus horribilis when we were largely the biggest assholes in the league, on & off the pitch. Nothing worse than a tattered and torn anus.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cracker
Squire

Post by Cracker »

Hard to pick between Addison and Cooney but have to go for Addison. What a find. He is so safe under high balls and always looking for a break.
A future Irish cap awaits.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Who voted for Slab, he looked knackered after an hour?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

222toHounslow wrote:Who voted for Slab, he looked knackered after an hour?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Best one yet...
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Slab --I wouldn't associate anyone with that HOOD --if you must -- please refer to to him as SPUD -- same as all Murphys before him
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Addison continues to look a class act. Balanced runner with good hands and feet. Be very surprised if he doesn't make the world cup squad and may even dispose pretty Rob by then.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Very fine margins as we have got out of jail 2 weeks in a row. Could easily be sitting on 2 points instead of 8 after 2 games and then people would be saying ah feck, this could be worse than last season results wise. The fact that we finally looked potent in the last of the 4 halves we played augurs well but the real test will come away from home. The odd tanking is to be expected but must avoid the ritual capitulations away from home which were a feature of the Kiss era. Remember he only lost one home game last season (against Leinster) but when 50% of your games are away from home and you capitulate in around 75% of them that is nowhere near good enough.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:
222toHounslow wrote:Who voted for Slab, he looked knackered after an hour?
ImageImageImageImageImage

Best one yet...
Thought he was oretty anaonymous in the first half but was imoortant in ukster getting back into it and nullifying edinburgh at the breakdown. Reidy did well off the bench and that’s where i see him for the big games if miraculously, our other back rowers stay fit.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Addison played himself into Ireland's 15 shirt these past 2 games

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk