Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sp

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Bad news folks

Richard Cockerill wasn't happy with the result and seemingly the referee has admitted that he should have given Embra a penalty when we scored our first try.

Using the "Clancy Law" the try has subsequently been disallowed after the match and we have been docked the winning points ... apparently.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Bad news folks

Richard Cockerill wasn't happy with the result and seemingly the referee has admitted that he should have given Embra a penalty when we scored our first try.

Using the "Clancy Law" the try has subsequently been disallowed after the match and we have been docked the winning points ... apparently.
If they had looked properly Jordi the Nordi was no where near touch when he scored, the Ulster player seen in touch was Henry S and he didn't have the ball
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Bad news folks

I like Cockers.........the ref was perfect on our first try, asked all the correct questions of the TMO and got the right answers. Cockers did have a bleat last night about the officiating in the league, much as I like him, I recall Pat Lam being fined a wheen of grand for something not dissimilar.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

I thought the referee was a bit of a stickler, but consistently so.

It's probably not a popular view, but letting things go is a slippery slope and teams have no consistency from week to week. If the laws were properly enforced there wouldn't be the need for continual tinkering with the laws.
I see the straight feed into the scrum focus from last season has gone by the wayside.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

We all know refs make mistakes and most have complained about them its nothing new -- but truth be told its not always the refs fault a lot of the fault in my opinion rests with the laws -- were one referees failure to release the ball is another refs failure to release the player and the fact that what is in many cases a debatable decision is a 3 point penalty and even on occasion a yellow card or yellow card and penalty try .

Referees have a difficult task to make a game where both teams play beyond the laws -- to make the game watchable thus many infringements go unpunished.

In relation to Corkerills' complaint there was crossing -- but it took place so close to the line and space available was such the try was always on regardless.

What 's biting the man is Ulster applied crossing or effectively and at the proper time better than Edinburgh -- they had done a couple of times as well. just less obviously .

Look at Sexton yesterday knowing runs across ( infront of a defender yesterday ) who gives him a worthy shoulder in the back for his deliberate block ---- Sexton goes to ground like he's been shot -- and the player gets a yellow card just before half time -- at best it was a penalty -- but whose -- A penalty against Sexton for blocking -- or a penalty for a nudge off the ball . Who would want to be a ref ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

We all know refs make mistakes and most have complained about them its nothing new -- but truth be told its not always the refs fault a lot of the fault in my opinion rests with the laws -- were one referees failure to release the ball is another refs failure to release the player and the fact that what is in many cases a debatable decision is a 3 point penalty and even on occasion a yellow card or yellow card and penalty try .

Referees have a difficult task to make a game where both teams play beyond the laws -- to make the game watchable thus many infringements go unpunished.

In relation to Corkerills' complaint there was crossing -- but it took place so close to the line and space available was such the try was always on regardless.

What 's biting the man is Ulster applied crossing or effectively and at the proper time better than Edinburgh -- they had done a couple of times as well. just less obviously .

Look at Sexton yesterday knowing runs across ( infront of a defender yesterday ) who gives him a worthy shoulder in the back for his deliberate block ---- Sexton goes to ground like he's been shot -- and the player gets a yellow card just before half time -- at best it was a penalty -- but whose -- A penalty against Sexton for blocking -- or a penalty for a nudge off the ball . Who would want to be a ref ?
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist