Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Vs Edinburgh Friday 7th Sept 7.35pm KO Premier Sp

Post by justinr73 »

I can see what you’re saying but I reckon that’s a better win than either of those games.

Equally, I don’t think it was guts we were lacking last season.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:Can’t wait to see Billy Burns play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Just thinking that myself, I'll give him time but I'm waiting to be impressed. Addison starting to look more beneficial than two seasons of Charless.

Most amusing reading the thread after the match :lol: :lol: :lol: I won't be contributing, the app is a minute or so behind the live game as I found out in a "lads whatapp chat", I'm assuming my posts on the matter will not be made public unless somebody invited A Doran to join.

#bringthemhome :red: :red:
#FOFIRFUCs.
Good to hear from you Baggy. After all that excitement, I was worried that you’d slipped into your retirement home communal hot tub after too many G and Ts a la poor Delores!

Munster lost tonight. Leinster will beat Scarlets and we’re sitting pretty at the top of the league!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

TopPoster wrote:Impressed with the fight in the players to keep going til the final whistle but by fcuk that was no penalty at the death. Stole this one.
Referee making amends for the non penalty he awarded against Cooney to give Edinburgh the lead.

I thought the man in the middle was poor! Well thats how it looked live. Hope he enjoys his haggis tonight.

I may give him a pardon after rewatching.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I assume you all realise that Alan O'Connor winning the Burns ko was the first time that Ulster has recovered their own ko when it was desperately needed for at least 10 years? Probably longer.

Remember: FIGHT FOR EVERY INCH

Thought all 4 props did really well tonight, WELL STOCKED. Liking O'Sullivan, Big Licence is showing what he did at the end of last season and as for young Kane, feck the lad has rediscovered his mojo. Killer Herbst was OK.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
TopPoster wrote:Impressed with the fight in the players to keep going til the final whistle but by fcuk that was no penalty at the death. Stole this one.
Referee making amends for the non penalty he awarded against Cooney to give Edinburgh the lead.

I thought the man in the middle was poor! Well thats how it looked live. Hope he enjoys his haggis tonight.

I agree. The ref was poor, not biased, just poor. It all evened out in the end thanks to super cool Cooney.

Do I remember right? Did we start last season with a few last minute wins? Maybe we can take it on to better things this year?
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He was consistent in terms of giving the attacking team the benefit of the doubt.

One of the better refs.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

We were never going for the drop goal in that last play as probably had no-one who could take it...Unless cooney threw a looped pass back so that he could catch it himself and swing the boot.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote:One of the better refs.
Absolutely

At least the players should have known pretty quickly how he was going to go.

Strict but accurate and consistent (apart from a couple of missed forward passes that he might have gone back to check on TV)
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I assume you all realise that Alan O'Connor winning the Burns ko was the first time that Ulster has recovered their own ko when it was desperately needed for at least 10 years? Probably longer.

Thought all 4 props did really well tonight, WELL STOCKED. Liking O'Sullivan, Big Licence is showing what he did at the end of last season and as for young Kane, feck the lad has rediscovered his mojo. Killer Herbst was OK.

Simpler than that Baggy. Probably the first time in about 10 years we have won our own ko full stop.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:

You will, technically correct though it would often not be given. Tackler knee on the ground carried on when he should have released but you'd seldom get it.

He's a good ref, made some tough calls, almost all favouring the attacking side. For Addison's try he also did a great job, some TMO's would have said obstruction by Cave. Berry said, I have two questions, was he onside when the pass was made and did he change his running line. TMO gave the correct answers & Berry gave the try. Again, that would often go against you.

I said during the week that he is a good ref, nothing I've seen tonight changed my mind. He's is amongst the clearest refs in the league, I'd have him any time. Both teams got on the wrong side of him, Hendy & Nordi when not listening to him asking them to release & Embra when the 9 refused to play the ball after being told to twice. Spot on ref.

Oh and he was spot on with the penalty against Cooney, he played their 9 twice off the ball, a dumb penalty, lucky O'Connor then he himself saved his bacon.

Here, this TV expert stuff is dead easy, lovin' it. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I assume you all realise that Alan O'Connor winning the Burns ko was the first time that Ulster has recovered their own ko when it was desperately needed for at least 10 years? Probably longer.

Simpler than that Baggy. Probably the first time in about 10 years we have won our own ko full stop.
I'd almost said that Bart but then I remembered one of no consequence that Trimby flew up and caught, 4 years ago if memory serves. >EW
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Oh aye Lauren Jenkins :bounce:

Just commencing the TV watch now.

Their openside was impressive. Thon brute of a starting number 8 going off at half time helped us.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Oh aye Lauren Jenkins :bounce:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????????

Who dat?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Oh aye Lauren Jenkins :bounce:

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa??????????

Who dat?
Premier Sports are an equal opportunity employer!

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Addison's hands are magnificent. He can off-load in a phone box and his pass to Cooney to score was a peach. Seems to be striking up a raport with Gilly too.
He's not 100% judging by the strapping on his ribs. Also in the warm up he knocks over kicks from half way for fun.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Last edited by Deraless on Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.