Pre season fixtures

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Pre season fixtures

Post by big mervyn »

Setanta wrote:Ever the optimist - we won the lineouts (lost the scrums), no injuries, defended well (no attack in the centre) and our internationals have yet to play. :cheers: :stout:
That 2 minutes must have really took it out of Cooney.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Aird
Squire

Post by Aird »

A quick look at the Scarlet Fever Website will reveal that the Scarlets have not fared any better than Ulster and are equally in disarray. The main difference is that Pivac had said that the team going out was a dress rehearsal for next week. Let's hope so as they were soundly beaten by Bath.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Eggs wrote:Mustn’t have been targeting the inches tonight
Start small, microns.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Aird wrote:A quick look at the Scarlet Fever Website will reveal that the Scarlets have not fared any better than Ulster and are equally in disarray. The main difference is that Pivac had said that the team going out was a dress rehearsal for next week. Let's hope so as they were soundly beaten by Bath.
The loss of Barclay and Beirne will be huge for them.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Aird wrote:A quick look at the Scarlet Fever Website will reveal that the Scarlets have not fared any better than Ulster and are equally in disarray. The main difference is that Pivac had said that the team going out was a dress rehearsal for next week. Let's hope so as they were soundly beaten by Bath.
Was about to post that, they have been very much weakened up front.

That said we have basically a trash front five and no three-quarter line to speak of. I'll be lookng for small incremental signs of hope this season.

Stage 1: Marcell plays and apparently may even be fit to play again. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:
Was about to post that, they have been very much weakened up front.

That said we have basically a trash front five and no three-quarter line to speak of. I'll be lookng for small incremental signs of hope this season.

Stage 1: Marcell plays and apparently may even be fit to play again. :thumleft:
Backrow could be decent but the front five leaves us with a poor scrum/lineout. Could be a bleak year.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?