UBL 2018/19

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: UBL 2018/19

Post by Dave »

I hope we are at least approaching him.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Columbo
Squire

Post by Columbo »

Tighthead Prod wrote:The one player who stood out for me was none of the aforementioned; rather it was the Bann centre Morrison who was excellent, especially in attack, where his strong and elusive running posed problems every time he had the ball. I know nothing about him or whether he was ever approached to be in '' the Ulster set-up', but to my mind Ulster have paid money to a lot worst!!!
Good shout - he is a class player at AIL level, maybe the step up to pro might be a stretch, but you're right we've had plenty of messers on the books over the years that aren't as good as him..
..one more thing
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

He could be the new Mark Best!
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Columbo wrote:
Tighthead Prod wrote:The one player who stood out for me was none of the aforementioned; rather it was the Bann centre Morrison who was excellent, especially in attack, where his strong and elusive running posed problems every time he had the ball. I know nothing about him or whether he was ever approached to be in '' the Ulster set-up', but to my mind Ulster have paid money to a lot worst!!!
Good shout - he is a class player at AIL level, maybe the step up to pro might be a stretch, but you're right we've had plenty of messers on the books over the years that aren't as good as him..
Morrison is a class act. How he wasn’t picked up for an academy spot was a travesty.

Anyway at least Ulster have Arnold and Farrell instead........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
ulster32
Novice

Post by ulster32 »

Morrison is the stand out player week in week out at Banbridge, deceptively fast and strong runner.

There was chat at the start of the season Ulster were looking at Peter Cromie and Morrison. Peter Cromie made several A appearances, and was asked to train with Ulster unpaid for a period of time to which he told them to shove it! How they’d expect someone to train full time unpaid Is beyond me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Absolute joke. On the hand other guys are getting paid big salaries to do FA.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

ulster32 wrote: There was chat at the start of the season Ulster were looking at Peter Cromie and Morrison. Peter Cromie made several A appearances, and was asked to train with Ulster unpaid for a period of time to which he told them to shove it! How they’d expect someone to train full time unpaid Is beyond me.
Unpaid is one thing but how about taking a day of work, to travel to away game, then sit on the bench unused, then repeat. It would'nt take many of those in a row to make you feel a mug. Mind you when you see Hond togged out at Scarlets obviously getting paid, it's not the players who are the real mugs.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

kingofthehill wrote:
Columbo wrote:
Morrison is a class act. How he wasn’t picked up for an academy spot was a travesty.

In fairness I would most likely have selected Farrell and Arnold ahead of Morrison for the Academy. My point is that in the interim period Ulster has given contracts to the likes of Mark Best and Callum Patterson, who are definitely no better than him.
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Tighthead Prod wrote:
kingofthehill wrote:
Columbo wrote:

In fairness I would most likely have selected Farrell and Arnold ahead of Morrison for the Academy. My point is that in the interim period Ulster has given contracts to the likes of Mark Best and Callum Patterson, who are definitely no better than him.
That wasn’t my point. If your good enough then you should be in the academy.

If you had the next Carter, Larkham and Wilkinson and only two places in the academy then it’s probably best to open up a third place.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

Has anyone seen Joel McBride, son of Denis play? He was at Queen's but now is playing for Ballyclare. He's a cut above their level and has serious talent.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Sorry the academy is full. No more funding.

The sausage industry will thank us later.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:Sorry the academy is full. No more funding.

The sausage industry will thank us later.
We especially don't have any room for props.
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Anyone at any of the games over the weekend. I see Armagh have dragged themselves into a top two spot squeezing out Banbridge by the tightest of margins. Good to see Ballymena picked up another win. Really nothing between the teams in 1B, four points between 1st and 8th place.

Dungannon and Harlequins look in real trouble now propping up 2B.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tighthead Prod
Novice

Post by Tighthead Prod »

Well done to Armagh ...a great result for a team with no players involved in the Ulster set-up beating a team in which about half had played for the Senior Ulster or A Teams this season

Maybe UR should have selected Willie Faloon rather than Soper :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:
http://www.thefru.co.uk Valiant for Truth Justice and the Ulster Way.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tighthead Prod wrote:Well done to Armagh ...a great result for a team with no players involved in the Ulster set-up beating a team in which about half had played for the Senior Ulster or A Teams this season

Maybe UR should have selected Willie Faloon rather than Soper :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir: :stir:
Leave our Willie and Chris alone, they coach RSA and City of Armagh and have a wee production line of youth going also in club minis all working together in the same direction.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best