Ulster Vs Scarlets Sat 1st Sept 5:15pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Polly Cotton
Novice

Re: Ulster Vs Scarlets Sat 1st Sept 5:15pm KO Premier Sports

Post by Polly Cotton »

Russ wrote:Finlay needs to go next

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
I agree, terrible propaganda man.
You may know my sister, Dot
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Polly Cotton wrote:Sammy Logan, gone but not forgotten.

SO , who in in charge then, who is calling the shots. Have we a new CEO who won’t be available until after their business collapses?
I'm hazarding an educated guess that we are under direct rule from Dublin in the interim. Possibly all senior management reporting into Browne on a weekly basis.

I'd concur with all others opinion on Finlay. My two first hand experiences with him both unsatisfactory. Comes across as extremely unorganised. Prefers to communicate only via text.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:Nordi likely to be available versus Edinburgh?
I would doubt it.
Nordi available I say
Actually yes. Nordi and Herring both available according to reports.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

Good stuff. Interesting to see who is on the “unavailable” list for Friday. As has been mentioned plenty ... I feel we would be at a massive disadvantage without Cooney. Most, if not all, other positions there is a back up but SH ...

Everyone fit & available what is the starting back row on Friday? Coetzee, Murphy, Timoney?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Marcel will be rested
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

222toHounslow wrote:Marcel will be rested
Could see a bench slot for him, he had a quiet enough return to play, though in my head that was to be expected. It would have been idiotic of him to run around like a bull in a china shop.... hopefully that will come with a few games under the belt and a better understanding of where his body is at.

Reidy had a good game, Timoney had a great game. Pleasing we still have Murphy of international standard with Deysel and Henry as two seasoned professionals available to throw into the mix on occasion.

With Matty Rea a rung above Jones and Montgomery the nippers coming through look decent, the back row dare I say it is almost an area of strength.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:
Dave wrote:TOT looked very good in the loose and scrum before his departure. Hard to believe he is just 19.
The finishing front row were all 23 years of age or younger.

I was impressed by both hookers. McBurney very good when he came on, crucial penalty turnover.
Haven’t been following countryfile.. is the farmer still farming full time and what of Iron Man Deysel is he still broken? When it comes to hookers the problem for me is they are going to be held back by Best and Herring.. we have some promise in this position we need to develop it now not in a years time..
Rory and Rob both potentially in the world cup squad, so the youngsters will get plenty of opportunity.
I say potentially, because Rory at 37. How does he keep going?
Federer is the same age. Currently No 2 in the world.
Jimmy Anderson is 36. Currently No 1 bowler in the world.
If you'll forgive the slight, a more relevant example is Mario Ledesma who was around 38.5 when he played his last test match.

I do think the FIRFU have enabled players to play longer, much as we hate not getting our best players more often, Sexton recently talked of hoping to play when he is 40.

Brutish Lionel Simon Shaw, also played international rugby aged 2011 at the RWC>
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:Sammy Logan, gone but not forgotten.

SO , who in in charge then, who is calling the shots. Have we a new CEO who won’t be available until after their business collapses?
I'm hazarding an educated guess that we are under direct rule from Dublin in the interim. Possibly all senior management reporting into Browne on a weekly basis.

I'd concur with all others opinion on Finlay. My two first hand experiences with him both unsatisfactory. Comes across as extremely unorganised. Prefers to communicate only via text.
No we have a stand in covering...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Bring Humph On!! wrote:Good stuff. Interesting to see who is on the “unavailable” list for Friday. As has been mentioned plenty ... I feel we would be at a massive disadvantage without Cooney. Most, if not all, other positions there is a back up but SH ...

Everyone fit & available what is the starting back row on Friday? Coetzee, Murphy, Timoney?
It was bad enough being one injury away from disaster with Ruan and Paddy... now we still remain one injury away from disaster with Cooney..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Cockatrice wrote:
Bring Humph On!! wrote:Good stuff. Interesting to see who is on the “unavailable” list for Friday. As has been mentioned plenty ... I feel we would be at a massive disadvantage without Cooney. Most, if not all, other positions there is a back up but SH ...

It was bad enough being one injury away from disaster with Ruan and Paddy... now we still remain one injury away from disaster with Cooney..
Maybe Munster will lend us hart seeing as he appears to be surplus to requirements.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

UlsterNo9 wrote:
Could see a bench slot for him, he had a quiet enough return to play, though in my head that was to be expected. It would have been idiotic of him to run around like a bull in a china shop.... hopefully that will come with a few games under the belt and a better understanding of where his body is at.

Reidy had a good game, Timoney had a great game. Pleasing we still have Murphy of international standard with Deysel and Henry as two seasoned professionals available to throw into the mix on occasion.

With Matty Rea a rung above Jones and Montgomery the nippers coming through look decent, the back row dare I say it is almost an area of strength.
Well stocked ...........until they break.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
UlsterNo9 wrote:

Well stocked ...........until they break.
For as long as we have a full deck to chose from we should manage them carefully given the workload ahead in december/ January. Happy to see Marcel bench this week and jordi start. When deysel is fit he should play, goes for rea as well. The tigers game in October is when we need our best back row on the pitch.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Ulster should manage Marcel's game time carefully. I want to see him fit to face Mexico. Dial him up to 11. Sit back and watch him splatter a few bluenoses.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

We've dialled him down for now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

jean valjean wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

Maybe Munster will lend us hart seeing as he appears to be surplus to requirements.

Particularly with Connor Murray back training.