Ulster Vs Scarlets Sat 1st Sept 5:15pm KO Premier Sports

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Vs Scarlets Sat 1st Sept 5:15pm KO Premier Sports

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:TOT looked very good in the loose and scrum before his departure. Hard to believe he is just 19.
TOT’s a usually a lot younger than 19
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Joe Schmo wrote:Ulster need to keep their cool, trying way too hard, only one point in it. Work their way up the pitch and penalty or drop goal, nothing heroic or hair brained kicking to the opposition. Sadly we all know how this will end.
... and how's that then? :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Rooster wrote:I over estimated our win by 4 trys Image
I don't recall you being specific about how many games we would have to score said 4 tries.
Just putting that out there.
I was confident of a 4 try bonus win in this match
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
solidarity wrote:Really enjoyed the match. Tension from start to finish. Ulster made more mistakes than Scarlets,yet still won. Winning ugly is still winning. I still don't think the season looks hopeful. I'll be happy with a top half finish and an 'almost made' it' in Europe.
I did too, Solids, as you say, it was in the balance all game and it was the start of my new career as an armchair expert and just hope I can do Tommy frae Comber proud as he appears to have "slipped away" in his sleep in recent seasons. He never missed a Jim Neilly commentary. Good to see Jim there today, mic in hand, talking to God knows who, Radyo Alster I assume :D

You may have seen a chap in my seat today, looking quite like me but not as handsome :lol: but no, it was not me. Just one of the pleasures in life denied me by the actions of Terry, the two bitches from Bank of Ireland & Vodaphone & the FIRFUCs ........ and of course my own decision that life in Norn Iron is not worth the bother. :D
Good to know somebody's keeping your seat warm for you, albeit a hatless ugly get. Are we likely to see a gent wearing proper headgear in the near future?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Couldn't make it so clearly not a true supporter...

Thankfully the Scarlets were pinged enough for offences.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The ref was extremely bad only interested in two offences --holding ,failure to release ball, the which was blown immediately an opposition player was over the ball just as the support for the tackled player arrived thus denied any chance to clear the player off the ball, and off your feet, which he got wrong more than once.

Granted with regard to the first offence -non release of the ball --he was consistent .

Every other offence nearly went unpunished -- off side I can't recall one occasion where the Scarlets were penalised for offside -- holding off the ball happen several times and while the penalty count recorded in the stats is 10 Ulster 12 Scarlets two of those offences where called by the linesman( not the referee) and both were yellow card offences.

Not a good day at the Office Marius Mitrea

I stated after the last match we might find scoring hard this year and to be honest the back line never looked like scoring yesterday but with 3 players on their first outing I'm not going to be over critical, this time . The forwards need to be more clinical within the 10 metres of the line but again it was a first outing for the back row and the coach is not long in post.

A win is a win and a big THANK YOU to the linesman.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Cooney didn’t have the best day, but I can’t have been the only person thinking please please Dan do not bring on Shannahan!

It’s no exaggeration to say that one injury away from the season being effectively a write off. We need to back one of the youngsters and give him a run, or if there is really none of them with potential to be better than Shannahan then we need to find some Irish grannies.

Praying Cooney doesn’t get called up to Ireland, which isn’t right because he has earned it
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

solidarity wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
solidarity wrote:Really enjoyed the match. Tension from start to finish. Ulster made more mistakes than Scarlets,yet still won. Winning ugly is still winning. I still don't think the season looks hopeful. I'll be happy with a top half finish and an 'almost made' it' in Europe.
I did too, Solids, as you say, it was in the balance all game and it was the start of my new career as an armchair expert and just hope I can do Tommy frae Comber proud as he appears to have "slipped away" in his sleep in recent seasons. He never missed a Jim Neilly commentary. Good to see Jim there today, mic in hand, talking to God knows who, Radyo Alster I assume :D

You may have seen a chap in my seat today, looking quite like me but not as handsome :lol: but no, it was not me. Just one of the pleasures in life denied me by the actions of Terry, the two bitches from Bank of Ireland & Vodaphone & the FIRFUCs ........ and of course my own decision that life in Norn Iron is not worth the bother. :D
Good to know somebody's keeping your seat warm for you, albeit a hatless ugly get. Are we likely to see a gent wearing proper headgear in the near future?
Steady Solids, I didn't say he was ugly, he shares my genes FFFS, he can't be ugly. I also failed to say he's quick with his fists when provoked. Have a care Solids I'd hate to see you get decorated.

No, my duncher is unlikely to be at Ravenhill in the near future.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Joe Schmo wrote:Ulster need to keep their cool, trying way too hard, only one point in it. Work their way up the pitch and penalty or drop goal, nothing heroic or hair brained kicking to the opposition. Sadly we all know how this will end.
... and how's that then? :duck:
I like to have a good cry, helps me deal with it if Ulster lose :lol:
Joe Schmo
Chancellor to the King

Post by Joe Schmo »

Anyone else laugh out loud when AAT was describing mccloskey during the match saying that if you looked up a book for ‘offloading’ you would see a picture of Stu! He didn’t have a bad game tbf but not sure he’s the off load king just yet.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Eggs wrote:Cooney didn’t have the best day, but I can’t have been the only person thinking please please Dan do not bring on Shannahan!

It’s no exaggeration to say that one injury away from the season being effectively a write off. We need to back one of the youngsters and give him a run, or if there is really none of them with potential to be better than Shannahan then we need to find some Irish grannies.

Praying Cooney doesn’t get called up to Ireland, which isn’t right because he has earned it
Unlike some, your brains aren't scrambled, Eggs. I wanted p gassed 6 years back, but he is streets ahead of Shanners, brainfarts and all. Shanners is quite simply not up to snuff. He has now had 22 "goes" at getting it right and on no occasion have I thought, yeah he did well. Gives me no pleasure to say it but he is definitely not good enough. The question is, is Stewart? Will the younger Curtis be? And one might well muse, would young O'Donnell have been?

Cooney well deserves to be in Camp Joe but Schmidt often takes a lot of convincing to move on from his tried and trusted. He`s not blind however so I`d be expecting Cooney to be called up, but McGrath & Marmion are probably ahead in JS`s mind.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Eggs wrote:Cooney didn’t have the best day, but I can’t have been the only person thinking please please Dan do not bring on Shannahan!

Unlike some, your brains aren't scrambled, Eggs. I wanted p gassed 6 years back, but he is streets ahead of Shanners, brainfarts and all. Shanners is quite simply not up to snuff. He has now had 22 "goes" at getting it right and on no occasion have I thought, yeah he did well. Gives me no pleasure to say it but he is definitely not good enough. The question is, is Stewart? Will the younger Curtis be? And one might well muse, would young O'Donnell have been?

Cooney well deserves to be in Camp Joe but Schmidt often takes a lot of convincing to move on from his tried and trusted. He`s not blind however so I`d be expecting Cooney to be called up, but McGrath & Marmion are probably ahead in JS`s mind.
Porter better than all of them

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
SparkyClarky
Warrior

Post by SparkyClarky »

Depending on Connor Murrays shoulder injury he will be at camp sooner than later!
noun "Fan"
an enthusiastic devotee, follower, or admirer of a sport,

I'm Not an expert, not always right, I'm just enthusiastic....well most of the time!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Dave wrote:TOT looked very good in the loose and scrum before his departure. Hard to believe he is just 19.
The finishing front row were all 23 years of age or younger.

I was impressed by both hookers. McBurney very good when he came on, crucial penalty turnover.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Joe Schmo wrote:Anyone else laugh out loud when AAT was describing mccloskey during the match saying that if you looked up a book for ‘offloading’ you would see a picture of Stu! He didn’t have a bad game tbf but not sure he’s the off load king just yet.
Makes SBW look like an amateur..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU