Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 9 users online :: 6 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Araman, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657958
Total topics 19120
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

Birthdays

Congratulations to: Setanta (68)

New CEO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 1 vote
  

Re: New CEO

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Oct 09, 2018 10:50 pm

Cockatrice wrote:Over 50 CEO's from across the UK applied....

The same recruitment firm as that advertising the UR job..

Proven track record of senior roles including RNIB, BP, H&W and Ulster Rugby (note the absence of CEO/Managing Director)

A Graduate of Manchester University in Law and Accounting (that was one not mentioned before)

Interested in leadership and building effective teams...


:lol: :lol: :lol: Ruining effective teams is the rugby experience, there can be no question of that.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30155
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: New CEO

Postby Kofi Annan » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:10 pm

I see the same head hunters for URs search for CEO is the same for Bryson, one chap is very familiar around Ravers . Mmmmmmm call me cynical
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
User avatar
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 6790
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2006 3:10 pm

Re: New CEO

Postby BR » Wed Oct 10, 2018 6:37 am

Kofi Annan wrote:I see the same head hunters for URs search for CEO is the same for Bryson, one chap is very familiar around Ravers . Mmmmmmm call me cynical

Yip - all seems a little incestuous. To the extent that makes me think Bryson know exactly who they are getting and don't care about vagueness in CVs.
Is there a PWc connection?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: New CEO

Postby Tender » Wed Oct 10, 2018 7:08 am

What about Goose Green and Coke?
A born leader. Lead UR to a steady decline.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2623
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: New CEO

Postby Cockatrice » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:12 am

Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: New CEO

Postby WeeWorld » Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:52 am

Cockatrice wrote:Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion


A lot of charities remunerate their senior staff very well, in order to attract people of the right calibre, or so the argument goes. At the time I first heard that it came as a big surprise. I'd just never thought that working for an organisation that begs could be so lucrative.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
User avatar
WeeWorld
Initiate
 
Posts: 462
Joined: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:42 am

Re: New CEO

Postby BR » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:03 am

Tender wrote:What about Goose Green and Coke?
A born leader. Lead UR to a steady decline.

I'm guessing the military history won't be overplayed by the new employers. Not an acceptable image to everyone in the 3rd sector.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: New CEO

Postby BR » Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am

WeeWorld wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion


A lot of charities remunerate their senior staff very well, in order to attract people of the right calibre, or so the argument goes. At the time I first heard that it came as a big surprise. I'd just never thought that working for an organisation that begs could be so lucrative.

There is an argument that if you pay your staff a premium, their increase in results will more than cover that premium. Not every organisation will see that benefit, but that's the theory.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17290
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: New CEO

Postby Rooster » Wed Oct 10, 2018 4:57 pm

WeeWorld wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion


A lot of charities remunerate their senior staff very well, in order to attract people of the right calibre, or so the argument goes. At the time I first heard that it came as a big surprise. I'd just never thought that working for an organisation that begs could be so lucrative.
A lot of the higher positions in charity are on ridiculously high wages for their work.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39849
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: New CEO

Postby Cockatrice » Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:35 pm

Rooster.. they are indeed and looking at an old list the RNIB refused to answer the FOI from the paper publishing the list on the salary of its Director so some are clearly uneasy in telling the truth...

I note the degree has grown from law to law and accountancy..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: New CEO

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:08 pm

Haven't been following
Was at work today
Position has apparently been filled
Was the man who took Wasps to Coventry the same man behind the bond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28210
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: New CEO

Postby Rooster » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:26 pm

Russ wrote:Haven't been following
Was at work today
Position has apparently been filled
Was the man who took Wasps to Coventry the same man behind the bond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Was it not Derek Richardson who bought Ricoch and Wasps and moved them there ?
Mind you it is rumoured to be a long game in the property market as he bought it below expected value
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39849
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: New CEO

Postby Rooster » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:31 pm

Russ wrote:Haven't been following
Was at work today
Position has apparently been filled
Was the man who took Wasps to Coventry the same man behind the bond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On the other hand it may have been David Armstrong who was the brains behind it all and he retired from Wasps a year ago ? And if I think right he is from Belfast
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39849
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: New CEO

Postby Russ » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:32 pm

Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Haven't been following
Was at work today
Position has apparently been filled
Was the man who took Wasps to Coventry the same man behind the bond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On the other hand it may have been David Armstrong who was the brains behind it all and he retired from Wasps a year ago ? And if I think right he is from Belfast
My learned friend in the pub informed me our new ceo is utid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28210
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: New CEO

Postby UlsterNo9 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 11:50 pm

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Russ wrote:Haven't been following
Was at work today
Position has apparently been filled
Was the man who took Wasps to Coventry the same man behind the bond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
On the other hand it may have been David Armstrong who was the brains behind it all and he retired from Wasps a year ago ? And if I think right he is from Belfast
My learned friend in the pub informed me our new ceo is utid

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Really! I'd be astounded if Finlay got it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
User avatar
UlsterNo9
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3481
Images: 1
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:02 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Araman, Bing [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->