New CEO

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: New CEO

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Over 50 CEO's from across the UK applied....

The same recruitment firm as that advertising the UR job..

Proven track record of senior roles including RNIB, BP, H&W and Ulster Rugby (note the absence of CEO/Managing Director)

A Graduate of Manchester University in Law and Accounting (that was one not mentioned before)

Interested in leadership and building effective teams...
:lol: :lol: :lol: Ruining effective teams is the rugby experience, there can be no question of that.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

I see the same head hunters for URs search for CEO is the same for Bryson, one chap is very familiar around Ravers . Mmmmmmm call me cynical
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Kofi Annan wrote:I see the same head hunters for URs search for CEO is the same for Bryson, one chap is very familiar around Ravers . Mmmmmmm call me cynical
Yip - all seems a little incestuous. To the extent that makes me think Bryson know exactly who they are getting and don't care about vagueness in CVs.
Is there a PWc connection?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

What about Goose Green and Coke?
A born leader. Lead UR to a steady decline.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
WeeWorld
Initiate

Post by WeeWorld »

Cockatrice wrote:Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion
A lot of charities remunerate their senior staff very well, in order to attract people of the right calibre, or so the argument goes. At the time I first heard that it came as a big surprise. I'd just never thought that working for an organisation that begs could be so lucrative.
Yes, that's me in the avatar!
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Tender wrote:What about Goose Green and Coke?
A born leader. Lead UR to a steady decline.
I'm guessing the military history won't be overplayed by the new employers. Not an acceptable image to everyone in the 3rd sector.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

WeeWorld wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Some ethical social charities might have a big issue employing a former Managing Director of BP as their new CEO but then he never was that.. he came from Bryson House to UR now back at Bryson Group.. do they know what they are getting YES and that says a lot about them in my honest opinion
A lot of charities remunerate their senior staff very well, in order to attract people of the right calibre, or so the argument goes. At the time I first heard that it came as a big surprise. I'd just never thought that working for an organisation that begs could be so lucrative.
There is an argument that if you pay your staff a premium, their increase in results will more than cover that premium. Not every organisation will see that benefit, but that's the theory.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

WeeWorld wrote:
A lot of the higher positions in charity are on ridiculously high wages for their work.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Rooster.. they are indeed and looking at an old list the RNIB refused to answer the FOI from the paper publishing the list on the salary of its Director so some are clearly uneasy in telling the truth...

I note the degree has grown from law to law and accountancy..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Haven't been following
Was at work today
Position has apparently been filled
Was the man who took Wasps to Coventry the same man behind the bond?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Haven't been following
Was at work today

Was it not Derek Richardson who bought Ricoch and Wasps and moved them there ?
Mind you it is rumoured to be a long game in the property market as he bought it below expected value
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Was at work today

On the other hand it may have been David Armstrong who was the brains behind it all and he retired from Wasps a year ago ? And if I think right he is from Belfast
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Rooster wrote:
Was at work today

On the other hand it may have been David Armstrong who was the brains behind it all and he retired from Wasps a year ago ? And if I think right he is from Belfast
My learned friend in the pub informed me our new ceo is utid

UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Russ wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Was at work today

My learned friend in the pub informed me our new ceo is utid

Really! I'd be astounded if Finlay got it.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18